PDA

View Full Version : Any other ex-JediKnight players?

iolair
19th Jul 2001, 11:51 AM
Any other ex-JediKnight players think this looks a tad familiar (taken from www.unreal2.com screenshots page)

WildfireX2000
21st Jul 2001, 10:58 AM
Yeah, I noticed that???

IntRed
21st Jul 2001, 02:30 PM
seems the force is in this one to ;)

Cpl. Shepard
21st Jul 2001, 06:22 PM
The mailoc seems to have made the jump to the world of Many Polygons and Pretty Graphics. Can't wait to show those pests the business end of the U2 flamethrower.

Metakill
25th Jul 2001, 04:40 AM
Jedi Knight was the first thing I thought of when I saw those things.

I think JK was a great SP game. Lots of variations in play. If only it had Unreal Engine graphics, that would be awesome!

Dragonfly_of_Forgery
25th Jul 2001, 05:38 AM
I was playing JK a few days ago in multiplayer and I found that I couldn't handle the force powers. I mean, the interface was so clunky and slow, and I had to manage 2 fire modes, inventory and force powers. I'm used to ut where your controls are basically "fire" and "altfire".

We are spoilt these days with the ease of controls. Even the relativly complex Deus Ex has the augmentations assigned to F keys, with none of the fancy selecting with the bracket keys.

I've grown lazy, and now I can't even handle the force.

WildfireX2000
25th Jul 2001, 05:03 PM
I have Q&E selecting Force powers, F using them, and G switching inventory, and of course Mouse Button 3 using inventory. Space is jump, Tab is activate.

LordKhaine
25th Jul 2001, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by Dragonfly_of_Forgery
I've grown lazy, and now I can't even handle the force.

lol

Cpl. Shepard
28th Jul 2001, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by Metakill
Jedi Knight was the first thing I thought of when I saw those things.

I think JK was a great SP game. Lots of variations in play. If only it had Unreal Engine graphics, that would be awesome!

Lucky for us, we'll be getting the next best thing! (http://www.jediknightii.net)

Okay, for those of you who can't wait for your browser to load, or better yet, have already heard of this news and don't want to be led blindly down the same path, it's the next episode in the Dark Forces series using the Quake III engine. Fortunately, it's not a rehash of the Episode I crap, but actually continues the story about Kyle Katarn. Complete with stormtroopers whose heads can be sliced off and sweet lookin' graphics.