PDA

View Full Version : My Web Page!!!!!!

Thug'N'me
17th Jul 2001, 03:43 AM
Well peeps ive been makin this page for about 3 dayz its ALONG way from done BUT you will be able to see updated map pics and some prefabs there..speaking of which...im going to be taking prefab requests BUT nothing that will take more then a day like say a aircraftcarrier thats to big and would take to long....i can do carz or boats anything simple ill try to do...so if ya need something holla....now go DOWNLOAD MY HOVERCRAFT PREFAB Here (http://www.geocities.com/thugnme1977/index.html) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Voodoo_180
17th Jul 2001, 03:40 PM
Yes it si very far off finished. I'm just downloadin the hovercraft and the piccy looks quite good. i'll have to try even tho i have no maps needing hovercraft but never mind. Couldn't do me a train could ya? A realistic textured one if possible cos i'm (trying to) make a realistic SF level and it needs a train.

Voodoo_180
17th Jul 2001, 03:42 PM
oh yeah i clicked on the Yahoo banner so thank me for keeping your site going. sort of.

Thug'N'me
17th Jul 2001, 04:12 PM
Ok thx.....LOL slim shady meets 2pac....anywayz have u looked at the hovercraft in your level yet?Does it look ok?

aspie
17th Jul 2001, 08:42 PM
why are you asking people to click the banner

Thug'N'me
17th Jul 2001, 10:36 PM
I dont know i just figure since its free...the banner has something to do with it

ZodiaK
18th Jul 2001, 03:58 AM
the banner's there so yahoo gets their free advertising, to make up for the fact that you're getting free web space. you don't really need to tell people to go click it to keep your site going. they probably wouldn't mind if you just wrote "screw yahoo" all over the page.

Euphoric Beaver
18th Jul 2001, 08:50 AM
I've got rid of my Tripod banners and they haven't done anything yet.

Voodoo_180
20th Jul 2001, 03:42 PM
i have d/led it but i can't remember where i put it. if you could tell me the name of the file i can find it. and also how you get it into UEd as i am fairly new to mapmaking. then i'll try it.

re: banner. yahoo has to sell space to ppl so they can fund the free pages. These ppl will go if nobody clicks on the banners. this means yahoo will lose money and the site may close down. so i expect Yahoo ask you to ask your readers to click on it so the site keeps going.

Voodoo_180
20th Jul 2001, 03:56 PM
srry to dbl post again but i have found the zip and what do i do with the t3d file (or whatever it is)????? i suppose u have to import but i dunno how. thx

Euphoric Beaver
20th Jul 2001, 04:06 PM
In UnrealEd goto the brush menu then import.

Voodoo_180
21st Jul 2001, 02:54 PM
ok i'll try iot thx

Voodoo_180
22nd Jul 2001, 11:14 AM
yeah it works. trying to make a little map to test i in. i'll post it here if its any good

Euphoric Beaver
22nd Jul 2001, 05:16 PM
Would it be okay if I put a zipped up version on my prefab site Thug?
Don't worry, i'll put your name, e-mail and website there like everyone elses. ;)

Thug'N'me
22nd Jul 2001, 11:54 PM
Sure its already zipped but if u wanna redo it go ahead ;)

Thug'N'me
23rd Jul 2001, 01:11 AM
Ohh yea Ciced...what the heck is up with brinkster?i clciked on your link and it doesnt work?whatz up?

Thug'N'me
23rd Jul 2001, 02:12 AM
Originally posted by Voodoo_180
yeah it works. trying to make a little map to test i in. i'll post it here if its any good

It comes with a DM-Hover map file to test it in....look in the zip file that u downloaded

Euphoric Beaver
23rd Jul 2001, 03:11 AM
Cheers Thug. You put other files in with it so I just wanted nice .unr file.

Anyway should be updating the prefabs today and there's an APC. :D

Euphoric Beaver
23rd Jul 2001, 04:03 AM
Okay updated the prefab section and yours is right at the top.

Thug'N'me
23rd Jul 2001, 04:43 AM
Thx man i checked it out...your site looks nice...free?how many megz free?And what do u need to know to make a site there?Java,C+++,...or does it come with a page editor?

Euphoric Beaver
23rd Jul 2001, 06:31 AM
Completely free, 30megs, It comes with a page editor but I use DreamWeaver. The best bit is that it has no ads.
If you use Dreamweaver though it's best to know html cause it adds paragraphs for some reason and you'll need to change all the links when you upload it.