New Member+dumb question=Flame On!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DCR

Jul 15, 2001
Visit site
Sorry about this, but I used to make q3a levels and all that, so I know what it's about, buI can't seem to find my editor on Unreal! Where the hell is it? I open the disc on my cdrom and I see the unreal ed icon and click it and it hangs. Then I d'ld the fix4 deal, and it installs, but where should I be putting it? It creates it's own folder and then I click the exe and it opens, but I get a runtime dll error. I've searched the forums, and I thought I tried everything,but I can't work it. Shouldn't my start menu have a link to the editor from my retail version install or something? Please help, or flame and help, or whatever it takes. I just want to get it going - thanks.

OshadowO

Irregular
Feb 10, 2000
CA
hold on I'm not entirely clear what you mean by opening up the disc and clicking. You did install UT right?
In your UT dir\system folder is a file called UnrealEd. That's the editor. Make sure you're patched up all the way to UT ver 436. As for the fix it should install itself if it's a umod format.

[IMD1]KillRoy

Suck my boomstick!
-Install the full game
-Install the latest patch (436)
-Install the UnrealED fix

Goto C:/UnrealTournament/System

and exe UnrealED.exe

Now it should work. If I was you (or If you where me ;)) Read some turtorials 'cause UnrealED works a little differend than Radiant...

I think its much simpler, but that depends I guess....

ChrisToth.hu

Level Designer
Oct 2, 2000
Atlantis
But be careful...there several UEd fixes out there. You should download one only if you are experiencing problems.

Things to be taken into account when choosing a fix:
-There are two main versions of the editor (1.0, 2.0) so check which one have you got. (The new patches for UT contain the new editor, origianl UT/Unreal and old patches contain the old editor).

-There are patch specific fixes so make sure you download the fix that belongs to your version of the game. (eg 436, 432, 428..etc)