PDA

View Full Version : Peak.... *sigh*

|pOt|fArMeRx
14th Jul 2001, 11:24 PM
Now tell me is this wrong...

I'm playing my favourite server, its free for all dm, 25 max connections.. and often full

now when you get that many people on peak, there is usually someone who is camping the ripper, and sitting on the lamp out cropping with his ripper aimed at a spawn point ( i.e {TOFU})

well tonight it was *RAT*(XUTP)*RAT* and like 4 other guys trying to do it...

well what im getting to is the fact that i "camped" in that room and made SURE noone could do the ripper cheese bull**** move

i stayed alive quite a while, and just the llama's I was killing kept me in first place throughout the whole match

i did get lucky in the end, wehn i hopped into the shock room, figured " ah what the hell" let a shock combo loose

i think i killed like 6 people because it was a monster and i won the match

now the LLAMA's are FURIOUS
you f*n camper, you suck blah blah blah

i think i was right in disabling a cheese move, i felt like the defender of justice !!

what do you guys say

ps

some time i'll make a quick ( 5 minute) demo of me making sure noone camps, and just how bad of a spot it is....coming soon

OshadowO
15th Jul 2001, 01:57 AM
too many players on peak= stay in shock room and combo every1s @ss. IMO no such thing as camping in DM so in my eyes you or the guys in the ripper room did no wrong:D

Athlon_2o0o
15th Jul 2001, 04:59 AM
no, he is not wrong.
it is very easy to kill a lot of people when there 16 players in the game....

Morety
15th Jul 2001, 10:12 AM
lmao farmerx.

Camping a llama's camping spot is fun. Especially in a ffa that size. No one can tell what your intentions were, so if they want to call you a camper, let 'em. The mmmmmonster kill must've just been the icing on the cake of a great game :)

|pOt|fArMeRx
15th Jul 2001, 01:17 PM
my god, i left out the some vital information, i had changed my name to FaRmEr|nocamp4u

ping SDK
15th Jul 2001, 05:54 PM
LMAO - I hate DM_Peak with maxed out players.

It's not worth playing and sometimes can be damn annoying.

gg though mate - you beat the campers - hehe

TaoPaiPai
15th Jul 2001, 07:35 PM
When there are too many players on peak and the game becomes unplayable,I just jump downstair,carefully aiming at the little ledge to the secret room.And have a little relaxation for a few minutes...Ahhh much better now....

I_AM{skullface}
16th Jul 2001, 03:20 AM
when you are playing ffa with so many players, "camping" seems to always happen to some extent.

just so you know, if some fewl is chilling in the Shock Rifle room, you can lob rockets/grenades through the window slits.

and, you can drop down to the ledge where the ripper is, so you can surprise someone who is just sitting there.

gl and keep kicking ass Farmer, and if you want tips on how to play peak, ask Mofo to show you some stuff sometime. :)

-I_AM{skullface}

Boom
16th Jul 2001, 03:05 PM
Those spawn points in Peak are just badly placed. Way too easy to spawn camp. My favorite thing to do in Peak is get the amp. Most people have no idea there is an amp on that map and are just freaked when they see me with it. :)

Mofo{skullface}
16th Jul 2001, 04:24 PM
Ahh jeez. Yeah, lamers on FFA Peak do suck, although I have never fallen victim to that. I remember when I_AM and I were in a 2v2 match with these guys, they just camped the SB room with shock the whole time. It was pretty damn funny when we came rolling in there with an amped up mini and a full load of rockets. I dont think I've ever seen 2 people with SBs go down that quickly! A second and a half, 2 seconds max. w00t! hehehe
When I play FFA Peak and its jam packed, oddly enough I still stick to my normal strategies and they still work great, no spawn killing necessary. If I do happen to see people spawn camping, I definitely make it a point to take them out!
Moooahahahaha
1v1 anyone? *grin*

Peregrine
16th Jul 2001, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by Mofo{skullface}
Ahh jeez.
When I play FFA Peak and its jam packed, oddly enough I still stick to my normal strategies and they still work great, no spawn killing necessary.

Yeah, yeah what he said.....
Me 2!
You did the right thing though Farmer. That's cool. Sometimes I make it my mission to make the campers cease camping.

CrazyCougar
16th Jul 2001, 07:32 PM
Like many here I have also made it a mission to kill any campers I find on a level. It just depends on the campers though as most will clue in that trying to camp certain spots will just get them killed after the second or third time they try it. As far as camping the spot where is the fun in that? It's more fun to let them setup their little cheese and then catch them in their own mousetrap.

Beyond that it's basically expected that you'll see campers and spawnkillers on overcrowded maps. The only true way to avoid it is to play on a server where the max player limits suit the maps.

Athlon_2o0o
17th Jul 2001, 07:47 AM
CrazyCougar|PuF AKA Downtown :)

|pOt|fArMeRx
17th Jul 2001, 01:33 PM
mofo: sure dude, though im not even a match for I_AM
im in etg now 2 ! wooooo

Stuart
17th Jul 2001, 09:56 PM
Does it not say.

Peak:
Recommended players: 2-4

(or similar)

and you had ... 25 in there?

Expect camping
Expect spawn kills E
xpect that if you die once, you die another 3 before you get a weapon
Expect still to virtually never meet anyone on the pathways around the outside
Expect goo spam
Expect flak spam
Expect rocket spam
Expect ripper spam
Expect shock spam
Expect mini fire to still hardly ever be seen
Expect people to not actually realise there is an outside area
Expect quad to virtullly always be free.
Expect at least one player in there to be on a crusade to abuse / kill campers / spammers

Can't avoid it - It will ALWAYS happen when peak is so drastically overloaded.

It seems pleebs just simply - spawn - die - spawn - die - spawn - die - spawn - run to flak - die to camper - spawn - die - spawn - run to ripper - die to camper - spawn - run to shock - AHA free at last - camp - kill - kill - kill - kill - kill - kill - kill - kill - kill - kill - kill - kill - out of ammo - die - spawn - die - spawn - die - run to rocket - camp - kill - kill - kill - kill - kill - kill - damn out of ammo - die -

Throw in flak / ripper etc ...

Player will die a thousand times / finally get a weapon / camp - get a thousand kills. Player will also never ever venture far from the spawn points - either through being killed where they spawn, or by camping the spawn points themselves.

Don't expect anything else. If you like that style or play - enjoy. If not - leave. You CANNOT change it when peak is so overloaded.

Best tactic - outside looking in, and maintain the high ground.

Getting goo godlikes is most satisfying.

:D

Peregrine
18th Jul 2001, 09:13 AM
Nice Post Stuart. True True.