PDA

View Full Version : just wondering..cau u use rune textures in UT?

Thug'N'me
14th Jul 2001, 07:06 PM
cauze im going to uninstall rune and leave the textures if u can use 'em in UT so could someone reply if they know,thx :rolleyes:

Hourences
14th Jul 2001, 11:06 PM
as long they are in UTX and not bigger then 256*256 yes
try open them with the editor, if thats works they prolly work, or justr make 1 simple cube in the ediotr, and put some of those textures on it and try it

Thug'N'me
14th Jul 2001, 11:18 PM
no man i know u can use them..BUT can u distribute them with a map???LEGELY?but thx anywayz ;)

ZodiaK
15th Jul 2001, 04:17 AM
i think this has been discussed quite often here lately, maybe not exactly concerning rune textures, but other unreal engine games (wheel of time, deus ex etc.). rune is no different. same copyright issues apply here.

so your best bet is not to use them.

Thug'N'me
15th Jul 2001, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by ZodiaK
i think this has been discussed quite often here lately, maybe not exactly concerning rune textures, but other unreal engine games (wheel of time, deus ex etc.). rune is no different. same copyright issues apply here.

so your best bet is not to use them.

Hmmm well i used the search engine,which ill bet u did to,about half way through your post,(just to make sure,ide say)that rune HASNT BEEN DISCUSSED HERE so that doesnt mean the would say no mabey someone emailed them..but i guess not since no response...guess ill use a few here and there...cant give 'em credit though...i dont want a law suit now do i?:rolleyes:

ZodiaK
15th Jul 2001, 04:56 PM
what i meant was that although rune textures haven't been discussed of, other similar (unreal engine) games have been, and the same rules apply to these textures.

basically, ALL game material is under copyright, and can not be used legally without a permission that would clearly state that you can use them.

i personally don't mind if you use them, but i'd still suggest you'd find a workaround and use some other textures - make your own, for example.

happy mapping.

purice
15th Jul 2001, 06:21 PM
i mentioned Rune's textures and copyrights a little while ago:

http://forums.planetunreal.com/showthread.php?threadid=71750&highlight=rune+textures

if i were you i'd get permission, or use something else like Zodiak said.
but i'm not you, of course, so do whatever the hell you want :)