Can't install patches?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

IAmANumber

Jul 13, 2001
Visit site
I recently reinstalled UT because UMOD's were not working correctly (They wouldn't open correctly when I tried to install them) and so I was about to repatch the new version up to version 436, and I got this message when I tried to do so:

"Failed opening destination file : C:\UnrealTournament\system\window.dll (The process cannot access the file because)
The destination drive might be full, or it might have bad sectors"

Is this something wrong with UT (Because it mentions the window.dll file in the System folder) Or is it something wrong with my computer (The part about full drive or bad sectors is worrying me) I know it's not because of a full drive because I have a decent amount of memory left.

Any help would be appreciated!

OshadowO

Irregular
Feb 10, 2000
CA
.EDIT: Follow Swedix links first!!!!
Run scan disc on your HDD and see what it says.
IF it's clean do the following.
Uninstall UT, delete everything left over in the systems folder.
Reboot.
Then reinstall it UT.
Hopefully that will do it.

Last edited:

ultbird

Jul 1, 2001
Seaford, NY
It is probably a problem with your computer I had many patch problems with Windows 98 SE. Which version of Windows are you using? If you have 98 or earlier, update to Windows Millenium it will FIX all of your problems! It fixed all of my updating problems. Not only did Win ME fix every error that I previously had in my software, but it also made windows run so much faster, so much smoother, so much more STABLE! I leave the thing on 24/7 and it never crashes. So yeah man if you got any version of windows earlier then ME then consider upgrading. It will most definitely fix your problem(s).