PDA

View Full Version : Enhanced Assault (EAS)

perrin98
12th Jul 2001, 01:31 AM
I was looking around the site for a news archive so i could read up on EAS, but i discovered that there isn't one. Can anyone tell me exactly what is going to be "enhanced" about EAS? I want as many details as i can get becase I am working on a tactics writeup for the SK clan, and i want all of my tactics to be applicaple. can someone help me? Thanx in advance, LP

/\l!eN[RIP]
12th Jul 2001, 01:49 AM
I'm still figuring it out myself...

DeRailer
12th Jul 2001, 02:58 AM
The team will not reveal any details yet. They did say it's more dynamic though...
Information for EAS should be up near 2.87 release date, or earlier.

Sebu_NZ
12th Jul 2001, 03:10 AM
My understanding is that it allows for any map to be dynamic. And allows for totally different stuff like POW resuce, bomb defusal blah blah blah :cool:

erehwoN
12th Jul 2001, 09:55 AM
These are all things that I have heard, so I don't know if they are official or not:
Vehicles...I don't know if we could drive them (doubt it) or if they just take troops from point to point (most likely)
Maps...Larger and like others said, more dynamic. The mapper has the choice of what he wants the players to do. Hostage Rescue, escape, etc (I think)
I heard other stuff, but can't quite remember what. An official word would be nice.;)

MadWoffen
12th Jul 2001, 03:31 PM
You will have seek&destroy like missions.

I got an exclusive picture from a future EAS, based in a forest. You will have to deter dangerous eco-terrorist furry rodents in their main base.
From the picture, I guess some new weapons will be available...
:D

http://web.wanadoo.be/madwoffen/020201peep.jpg

perrin98
12th Jul 2001, 03:46 PM
Seek&Destroy? I hope not, that sounds an aweful lot like TDM.

Battosai
12th Jul 2001, 04:11 PM
I don't know. I've heard alot of people talk about it. But they all say something different.....
?????????????

Evil Joe
12th Jul 2001, 09:24 PM
what is EAS again?

erehwoN
12th Jul 2001, 09:26 PM
Damn you Evil Joe!! Tell us what it is!!!! Or at least tell us what kind of maps you are working on.:D

Chow Yun-Fat
12th Jul 2001, 10:01 PM
i want my trucks! just you wait until there are driveable trucks. i'm turnin' one of those bad mofos into the Woo'style party wagon, you best be a-runnin' when i come scream'n over a hill with all the guns blaze'n.:D

yurch
12th Jul 2001, 10:25 PM
Either that, or put some country chase music on, and git ready for the redneck mobile!

Chow Yun-Fat
13th Jul 2001, 12:45 PM
Say Yurchie, you wanna be my shotgun man in shotgun while i wheel it all over this b*tch? You bring the Dukes of Hazard Theme song and the orange, red, white and blue spray paint and we's gonna have ourselves a grand ol' time:cool:

OpFor
14th Jul 2001, 02:31 AM
YEEEHHHAAAWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!

/me chuggs beer

owlofdoom
14th Jul 2001, 04:36 AM
i call the 50cal in the back!

Alpha_9
14th Jul 2001, 07:27 PM
EAS is just AS but with much greater variety of mission scenarios. If I say any more I'll have to kill you... ;)

Sebu_NZ
14th Jul 2001, 07:31 PM
Alpha i got a question:

on Sarajevo your hills/cliffs what texture was that?

Custom or from somewhere?

Kinda the same thing I'm looking for.

erehwoN
14th Jul 2001, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by Alpha_9
EAS is just AS but with much greater variety of mission scenarios. If I say any more I'll have to kill you... ;)
Here's an idea...tell night_strike by posting in this thread, then kill him.:D

peep
15th Jul 2001, 01:25 AM
I want an A-Team mobile, complete with BA Barracus as my driver and comedy relief.

Waxx
17th Jul 2001, 07:51 AM
Drivable vehicles ARE possible. Go here: http://heavymetal.unrealism.com/

Hilikus
17th Jul 2001, 10:37 AM
Will EAS be like RMSTitanic from TacOps 2.0? In this map BOTH teams have to complete their own objectives before the other team does. I think having both teams have an objective is good so that it discourages the entire defending team from camping the objective.

jaymian
17th Jul 2001, 02:34 PM
I'm really hoping EAS is backwards compatible with AS so you'll be able to mix it up with the new EAS and older AS maps. I want to make an AS map, but don't want it to become obsolete with the release of EAS.

erehwoN
17th Jul 2001, 03:11 PM
Jaymian, I would assume that they would be backwards compatable, and if not, I would also assume that it wouldn't take a whole lot of work to make it compatible. I would like you to go ahead and make an AS map.;)

Harpoon
17th Jul 2001, 10:12 PM
I think it would be cool if there was a gametype where there was a blue team that had to reach a certain point on the map, and a red team that would have to find them and kill them. The teams would be made so that blue team would have a max of players less than Red's max, so blue would have to face overwhelming odds and try to evade rather than trying to turn the situation around. A thing like this was done in CS.. pretty fun IMO, but then later the game type was removed because people said it was "ghey" and they liked the "buy gun and go kill" system better.

Yeah, I wanna have the redneck truck as a vehicle too, with the double barrled shotgun and the dog in the back :D

Sebu_NZ
17th Jul 2001, 11:22 PM
hey there is nothing wrong with double barrled shotguns and the dogs in the back!!