A Question for our Canadian friends

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

OpFor

Feeling suicide, thats O.K.
Apr 26, 2001
Visit site
Well, I wouldn't know too much about this subject, since I'm in Alberta, where the system hasn't realy changed. I'll never leave you, FAC!

Zundfolge

Dec 13, 1999
USA
But from the sound of this, he's a seperatist.

What's a "seperatist" in Canada?

In the US a seperatist is someone who doesn't want the races mingling...if that's what is meant by seperatist in Canada, what in his writing makes you think that?

Zundfolge

Dec 13, 1999
USA
Oh...see I always had it backward.

I thought the Canadian Seperatist movement was the rest of Canada wanting to get rid of Quebec. :p

EndlessInfinity

Where is your god now?
heh, that would work too. I'd vote for it...

Too many morons like copps in the east. She wanted to build a fence around the town of banff to keep the animals out. What she forgets is that the animals can hope over fences. This is along the same lines as tunnels under roads for gophers so they don't get hit by cars (I guess people in the east figure that gophers are endangered in the west:rolleyes: ). There was once a ditch made so that the animals could pass through, and the environmental people filled it with sand so they could count how many animals were going through. The thing is they were going to measure it by takeing the total amount of prints and dividing by 4 (4 legs to an animal, right?) What if an animal went halfway and turned around? And the real problem is, we can't get rid of her cause all the people in the east keep re electing her. And you people whine about the American government... :)

Mad_Dog

Voice Of Reason
Mar 27, 2001
Soviet Canuckistan
www.planetunreal.com
nope, they wanna go and we wanna keep em, if only to piss them off:). now some western provinces do to, alberta i think... or at least a group there does. as for how it affects other canadians... what if a state left the US to form it's own country? it would affect everyone else somehow. the more drastic thing is how it affects quebec... i was told that something like 75% of quebecs dairy products are purchased by ontario consumers. (don't quote me on that number, it's rough, it's more to prove a point.) so quebec seperates, and then who buys their dairy? should they write their own constitution? have their own currency? their not canadian, so they shouldn't use canadian money. if they make their own, what is it worth on the world market? it's a lot of things i think most seperatist, quebec and otherwise don't think about.

as for your original question zundfolge, all it takes to repeal a law in canada (i'm not sure, grade 9 history was a while back:)) is parliament to make a motion passing it. since the liberals have had 3 majority governments in a row now, they've had the law making of canada tied up, but if the canadian alliance was to take power, (not with stockwell day i hope:(), then they could probably get rid of bill C68... i'm not sure though, maybe i'll do some research, you sparked my interest yet again. damn these intelligent conservatives!:D

Zundfolge

Dec 13, 1999
USA
what if a state left the US to form it's own country?

Well when a bunch of southern states tried it we had the Civil War. :eek:

If Quebec decided to up and leave, would it cause a civil war there?

RogueLeader

Tama-chan says, "aurf aurf aurf!"
Oct 19, 2000
Indiana. Kill me please.
Technically it wasn't a civil war because the war was with a different country.

But anywho, I bet you Canadians would NOT be laughing if Quebec left Canada, because the US plan, if it hasn't changed in the last 20 years, is to annex Canada if they do.

Zundfolge

Dec 13, 1999
USA
because the US plan, if it hasn't changed in the last 20 years, is to annex Canada if they do.

I'd like to see some documentation on that one. :con:

The odd duality I see in the Canadian reaction to the Quebec separatists is that they are very angry that the Quebecians (?) want to leave, but at the same time they don't like them either and would seem to be happy to see them go.

MoNDoGuY

Groin grabbingly good!
Apr 5, 2001
CANADA!!!!!
ghost.clanpages.com
Originally posted by Donnellizer
Hey, people have there rights. If more than 50% of them say they want to make a country, they should be allowed to. How does that affect you if you don't live in Quebec?

I do live in quebec and I hate the damn politics of it.

For Zund, it's Quebecois, not Quebecians :D

If Quebec were to seperate it would hurt Canada as much of Quebec. They play a big part in each other's economy. Very bad move if it were to happen. I'm moving if it does. Hell, I'm moving anyways.

As for the Annex, no way that would happen because there would be HUGE revolt. I mean HUGE, because I'd be the head of it! Don't know if your aware of this but most Canadians aren't fond of americans. Many reasons don't ask why, I personally don't have a problem with them aslong as they don't have a problem with me.

Donnellizer

Fjæsing!
Jun 17, 2001
Ocean Grove, NJ
Visit site
I can tell you why people hate us... We're ignorant fools. I can only hope I'm not coming off as one when I meet people from other countries. Mainly this image is established because of stupid ****ing yuck tourists. Hell, living on the Jersey Shore I meet alot of stupid tourist from upstate and New York. So I can TELL why other countries hate Americans.

Mad_Dog

Voice Of Reason
Mar 27, 2001
Soviet Canuckistan
www.planetunreal.com
But anywho, I bet you Canadians would NOT be laughing if Quebec left Canada, because the US plan, if it hasn't changed in the last 20 years, is to annex Canada if they do.

where do you get this ****?:D enough acid for you rogueleader... while the us could do that, do you think they ever would? talk about a armed revolution then. with no gun control us canadians would all use the second amendment and our constitutional rights to boot your imperialist asses back down south:).