PDA

View Full Version : Useless knowledge

KliwX
11th Jul 2001, 11:46 AM
1. I found out today that the xloc-disc bounce when throwed on a dropped flag.

2. You can't feign death when in air, no matter you're jumping or falling.

3. You can feign death, lied down on you back (normally you fall forward), just do a dodge backwards right before.

(At least I didn't know this stuff until I by accident found out in a practice match with bots today.)

Anyone else that have some cool, normally useless, tips and tricks?

DeaJae
11th Jul 2001, 12:29 PM
piloting your mouse with a sp00n is cool but gets you laughed at.

Metakill
12th Jul 2001, 01:20 AM
1.If your ping is bad enough, you can shoot yourself in the back with your own weapon.

2. You can walk around on other players' heads.

3. For good target practice, trying doing a "HEAD SHOT!!" on yourself with the ripper.

KliwX
12th Jul 2001, 02:20 AM
Sheeesh. Well, I seems to get what I asked for...:D

|pOt|fArMeRx
12th Jul 2001, 04:39 AM
who the hell needs to "practice" hitting themself in the head with the ripper

its god damn predetermined fate

TaoPaiPai
14th Jul 2001, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by KliwX
3. You can feign death, lied down on you back (normally you fall forward), just do a dodge backwards right before.

(At least I didn't know this stuff until I by accident found out in a practice match with bots today.)

Do you feign death when playing against bots?

More useless knowledge

*You can do damage by jumping on other creatures ,but you can not stay on top of another creature (for a human pyramid for a example) because that is not allowed in the pawn script.

KliwX
14th Jul 2001, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by TaoPaiPai
Do you feign death when playing against bots?
Noep, never in online games either. I read some old thread in PuF where the question about feign death in mid-air was raised. Nobody answered it that time so I decided to find out. As a bonus I discovered that you could be lying at your back. Something I didn't know. And while fooling around with flagdrop and flagpick I (to my surprise) saw that the T/L was bouncing when it hits a dropped flag (as far as I seen it will not bouce while "hitting" a flag standing in place).

TaoPaiPai
14th Jul 2001, 11:56 AM
You could do human pyramids in half-life,That was fun.
Someone HAS to make a mod!:D

zombie
14th Jul 2001, 04:28 PM
UTJB could benefit from that.

ASMDstick
14th Jul 2001, 06:20 PM
man , that's so true. Q3 jailbreak is much more fun coz u can escape from the cell. Every time i do that i'm rolling on the floor laughing. UTJB missing out alot w/o it.

NeoNite
14th Jul 2001, 07:21 PM
Hm funny you mention bots :)
I was spectating this game, and one bot stood on top of another bot, and the bot below was running around on this level dm-spacehub, outside, and the bot on top of her didn't fall off :D maybe .. he liked it up there?

TWD
14th Jul 2001, 07:39 PM
Yeah that's really useful in tdm to stay together. Jump on a teamates head and then he walksa round. You can watch eachother's backs you have less of a chance of getting seperated and it freaks people out. Of course i've never been able to do it in UT but in the q3 demo it works wonderfully.

Liquid Fox
15th Jul 2001, 02:37 AM
Originally posted by farmerx
who the hell needs to "practice" hitting themself in the head with the ripper

its god damn predetermined fate ]

I hit myself in the head with a ripper blade about the first day of my UT experience. Never been hit since. Possibly because its the only weapon I use much... maybe because I can dodge 20 of them in a small room. Call it skill. Call it luck. I call it, "Damn I'm good." :D

The image below I like to call, "You want my flag? Come get it."

Olympus
15th Jul 2001, 01:51 PM
It's a predetermined fate of mine that no matter when or where i fire the redemmer, i blow myself up.

LOL

:redeemer:

TaoPaiPai
15th Jul 2001, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by ASMDstick
man , that's so true. Q3 jailbreak is much more fun coz u can escape from the cell. Every time i do that i'm rolling on the floor laughing. UTJB missing out alot w/o it.
That should not be difficult to do,just a subclass of the pawn class ,You could suggest this idea to the UTJB mod makers...

Metakill
26th Jul 2001, 06:17 AM
Well, maybe you can't as a player walk on other peoples heads, but bots and skaarj have done it to me plenty. Stood on my head and kept shooting me. Once a piece of a pupae sat on top of my head until I died.

Metakill
26th Jul 2001, 06:21 AM
If you are lucky enough to have UT on a macintosh with a rage 128, you can go into your advanced options and under rendering, set light-modify to -50. Now when you play UT it will be a psychedelic freakout. The walls will be covered in wierd color patters, fog will be rainbow colored.

You have to see this, it is amazing. You can set light-modify to any negative number for different results.

B
26th Jul 2001, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by KliwX
3. You can feign death, lied down on you back (normally you fall forward), just do a dodge backwards right before [/B]

normally u fall forwards 2 times, but the third time u do a feign death u fall on your back (FAIK)

BulletRain
26th Jul 2001, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by Liquid Fox
]

I hit myself in the head with a ripper blade about the first day of my UT experience. Never been hit since. Possibly because its the only weapon I use much... maybe because I can dodge 20 of them in a small room. Call it skill. Call it luck. I call it, "Damn I'm good." :D

The image below I like to call, "You want my flag? Come get it."

is that a space marine on the photo ??