I think it's safe to say that the Spirits are WithOUT

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Keiichi

Old Timer
Mar 13, 2000
I'll believe it when I see it this Friday. Lord knows, I've disagreed with quite a few reviewers in the past. I'll walk into the theater with an open mind and make my own decision.

-Keiichi

Dank

Mac Guru
Sep 18, 2000
Genesis 1:12
I'm going to go see it tomorrow or Thursday. I'm just gonna get really stoned and the gfx will be good even if the plot blows.

bonghitter.gif

Katton

Oook?
May 8, 2000
Has Rotten Tomatoes ever liked anything?

By the way, Who's excited about
Jay and Silen Bob Strike Back

I sure as hell am.
Check it out

Catalyst

science begets death
Jul 18, 1999
CA, USA
Yeah I've heard that's a good movie, still have to see it.

Rotten Tomatoes doesn't actually review movies, they collect reviews from all other critics and give it an average score based on whether the reviews were positive or negative.

Keiichi

Old Timer
Mar 13, 2000
Most of the negative comments I've read at Rotten Tomatoes involved the plot being too complicated and confusing. While I still believe that the plot kicks ass, like Ebert said, the reason that everyone should go see it is not because of it's plot, but because it's quite literally a revolution in cinematic presentation that's going to change the way people think about computer animation.

-Keiichi

Catalyst

science begets death
Jul 18, 1999
CA, USA
I agree. Shrek was pretty damn awesome computer animation, but it was a great movie to go with it. Final Fantasy will probably be better animation, unfortunately lacking a great story, but I will still appreciate the technical achievment being the computer nerd that I am.

Donnellizer

Fjæsing!
Jun 17, 2001
Ocean Grove, NJ
Visit site
Most of them say it was complicated. Well, maybe because they're stupid? :p I still am gonna see it, and love it. Or maybe not. But I never believe anyone elses opinion. Unless they said WORST. MOVIE. EVER. I'd still see it though.

Ballistophobia

Hedonistic Forum Panacea
Jul 15, 2000
Middlesex, NJ USA
goatse.cx
I just wanna say one simple thing Cat...

<h1><b>F<b></b>UCK REVIEWERS!!</h1></b>

:)

Only my opinion matters to me. Although after seeing some of the clips Browny posted, the story seems a lil weak. The movie also seems pretty superficial, like trying to find a plot in fireworks. But Ima see it anyway, I don't care about the opinion of some f<b></b>ucker who gets paid to see movies and then tell everyone what he thinks, they should be called movie ruiners. :rolleyes:

LifesBane(4Corners)

Sep 27, 1999
come.to
I loved it...

BUT:

They didn't convey the sadness emotion well. I don't think a single tear was shed. And I think maybe partly because of this, it's kinda hard (at least for me) to get "attached" to the characters...

But, despite that, it was great :)

Buddy_Pickle

Fffeeerrrtt!!!
Jan 30, 2000
West Jordan Utah
www.myextralife.com
The Pickle saw this about two hours ago. The Pickle is amazed at what he saw. The Pickle will own this DVD.

It is really great you guys. If people go in there expecting a story on par with something Bill Shakes-Beer would have written, why the hell are you going?

It is an amazing film, that will certainly be a high bench mark this this kind of filmaking for a good time to come. Very cool stuff.

poaw

You used to sleep easy at night.
Mar 25, 2001
Camp Pendleton, California
I liked the movie. A lot. The presentation was amazing and the story had enough depth to keep me interested.

Despite having utterly no relation to anything FF, it felt like FF.