PDA

View Full Version : Potatoes!

Smoke39
10th Jul 2001, 02:08 AM
My rave of potatoes is as follows (this is your first and last warning):

Potatoes are good! You should eat more potatoes, especially baked potatoes, not them fried potatoes. Fired potatoes are unhealthy, baked potatoes are all baked like, without being fried, like fried potatoes. Mashed potatoes are good, too. See, mashed potatoes are all soft an' mooshy, and you can mold them into all sorts of figures, like, potato fish, potato onions, potato corn, and even potatoes made of mashed potatoes! Then you can be all like, "Yum, this mashed potato sculpture tastes just like potataoes!" And then there's potato chips! See, we have this funky kinda potato chip that's not all greasy and blergy like other "leading brand" potato chips. Oh no, these potato chips are special! See, they're just like slices of cooked potato that have been lightly salted, so they taste like potatoes! Not like salty grease with a just a hint of potato flavor as the main "leading brand" is. Eat mo'e potatoes! Right now!

THE END!

Dragonfly_of_Forgery
10th Jul 2001, 06:03 AM
Look, Smoke, I've put up with you for long enough. I've politley listened to your stupid rambles about potatoes and cheese. Enough is enough, and it's time to set the record straight:

FRIED POTATOES ARE BETTER! ESPECIALLY WITH BUTTER (AND NOT CHEESE) !

Important warning: That was meant to be funny. It is not an attack on personality, economic class, race or gender.

Maby this warning should go in my sig, it might save trouble.

And greasy chips are better too!

Actually, I like the thin "lite" ones. I don't know if they are healthier. And I like spicy potato wedges coated in spicy potato wedge coating.

Also, I like the kind of cheese called 'white castello'. When you remove it from the fridge, its structual integrity decreases so that after an hour it is really creamy, almost like cheese flavored cream except slightly more cheese textured.

What kind of cheese do you eat? (Don't show me that cheese pic, please, not the cheese pic. Just a description)

Kangus
10th Jul 2001, 07:13 AM
I like kettle chips.

Doug_Unreal_Master
10th Jul 2001, 11:43 AM
A potato is best shot out of a cannon powered by ignited propane as the propellent and One More thing ! PRINNGLES AND ALL OTHER BAKED POTATO CHIPS SUCK!

I like Wavy greasy potato chips

Kangus
10th Jul 2001, 02:44 PM
Nummy nummy greasy kettle chips.... no.... not baked.... nummy nummy kettle cooked.

Smoke39
10th Jul 2001, 04:09 PM
Yes, kettle chips. They do taste kinda burnt, though...
I like chedar cheese! And motzarella!

Hey, Dragonfly, I got surprise for you!

Dragonfly_of_Forgery
10th Jul 2001, 06:49 PM
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

(This message was sponsored by the health and safety authority)

Doug_Unreal_Master
10th Jul 2001, 07:18 PM
*starts drooling on his keyboard thinking about kettle chips* Mmmmm keeetttttllleee ccccchhhhhiiiiips

Smoke39
10th Jul 2001, 07:32 PM
Did you enjoy my surprise, Dragonfly?

Dragonfly_of_Forgery
11th Jul 2001, 06:54 PM
.... its not the actual cheese which scares me, its the green in the background.... I mean, its not a natural color. I wish you'd take it out of your avatar, that's scary too.

But your thinggymajig is good. The 'asker of questions'. It makes you sound like either a newbie or a phisosopher. Its good. I'll take it.

Smoke39
11th Jul 2001, 07:12 PM
You mean a philosopher? If the color scares you, then it's doing its job just fine.

Smoke39
11th Jul 2001, 07:15 PM
Look at this present I made for you, Dragonfly!

Dragonfly_of_Forgery
11th Jul 2001, 07:25 PM
If this happens any more, im browsing the forums wuth images turned off.

Oh, no, I got a better idea - I'll adjust my moniters properties so it dosen't show green at all!

Dragonfly_of_Forgery
11th Jul 2001, 07:29 PM
I AM SAVED!!!!

Smoke39
11th Jul 2001, 07:44 PM
Okay, if you had taken that shot when your moniter wasn't displaying green, I would be able to see it with the green becase moniter properties such as that are usually built into the moniter and my moniter is perfectly normal, which leads me to believe that that shot is fake.

Oh, yeah, and potatoes are good!

Dragonfly_of_Forgery
11th Jul 2001, 08:38 PM
Ah, Smoke, you take me for an idiot. That was my first plan, but I realised it would look like normal to you so I came up with an alternative plan:

1) Adjusted my moniter properties so that the hue is set slightly higher, making green appear blue.

2) Go down to Hubands electrical and buy a digital camera.

3) take a photo of my screen with the digital camera.

4) burn the photo on to a cd and take it to my friends place

5) On his computer, resize the photo and edit it to be small. Because I probably will take the photo at a slight angle, I will distort the image to make it look perfectly flat.

6) I then upload the image from his computer.

But I didn't have the vital ingrediant for that plan, a friend, so I ended up doing plan C:

I wrote a c++ application which alters the moniter's display of a certain portion of the screen.

I then added code so that the application could work out where a particular part of a text document was on screen. It checked font sizes, window sizes and screen resolution, and various other things. This program could make a particular piece of text appear different.

I then made a virus which added this code to the end of a web document. Each time someone posts a message, this code is added.

After a few checks to check that the page you are viewing is the right one, and is not obscured by other windows, my color convertor was finished.

At this point I woke up, walked over to the computer, and took a screenshot. In photoshop I adjusted the hue, then posted it.

The moral of this story is to always, always, always wear your safety belt.

Smoke39
11th Jul 2001, 09:27 PM
So basically, I'm right.
Yes, safetybelts are best when worn.

Unhand my potato product, you feind!

Dragonfly_of_Forgery
12th Jul 2001, 05:13 AM
You know your last sig, "what do all the animals represent?", what was that all about?

I can only guess it is a reference to Animal Farm, but that dosen't sound right.

Smoke39
12th Jul 2001, 11:46 AM
No, no, no! It was, "And what do the farm animals represent?" An' I have no idea what this "'Animal' Farm" that you're talkin' 'bout is. How DARE you accuse me of such things!? Fish sticks! Fish sticks! WHY!?

Kangus
12th Jul 2001, 01:17 PM
Animal farm? Napoleon was such a bastard

Neuroflare
12th Jul 2001, 04:55 PM
I liked that book. It was a perfect representation of Communism under the control of stalin. True communism can work. The way Lenon and Trotsky would have run the country w/o stalin, would have been a great system. But that bastard had trotsky icepicked... must play red alert... kill stalin... again...

Dragonfly_of_Forgery
12th Jul 2001, 05:04 PM
I went for a trip to Australia. I was staying at someone's house and it was boring, so I found Animal Farm on their shelf and read it. The very next day I found that the movie was being shown on tv.

If you think of all the coincideces involved in me reading a book the day before its film was shown, you'll find, un, well, it was really interesting, ok?

So I watched the film and it was Britan's first animated film (I think) and one guy did all the voices and the whole thing sucked. But anyway, it's a great story.

And Smoke, what did that quote mean if not an Animal Farm reference?

Smoke39
12th Jul 2001, 09:08 PM
Are you sure ya wanna know? I'm thinking of making it "My spoon is too big." Oh, or maybe "I like cottage cheese on bread! You haven't tried it? It's the latest craze in culinary circles!" Or perhaps "Oh, hi. Pokey, my brother, ran out of here to chase after a police car."

Oh yeah, and EarthBound is good. Beware the spiteful crow!

Smoke39
12th Jul 2001, 09:24 PM
I forgot something for my potato rave! Tatertots! How could I forget tatertots!

Dragonfly_of_Forgery
12th Jul 2001, 11:46 PM
its all so strange.

Smoke39
13th Jul 2001, 01:08 AM
Well DUH! Dat's KINDA DA POINT!

Postal
13th Jul 2001, 06:14 PM
btw Pringles are not potato chips, their "Crisps"

Smoke39
13th Jul 2001, 08:51 PM
Are we discussing Pringles Crisps? NO! We are discussing potatoes! We don't need no stinkin' 'crisps!' We need potatoes! Potatoes I say! Oh, and we mus'n't forget the cheese!

Neuroflare
15th Jul 2001, 11:03 AM
We arent discussing cheese!!! we are discussing potatoes, stick to the subjsect snoke!!!

Smoke39
15th Jul 2001, 01:43 PM
Where I go, cheese goes! That's just the way it works! You should know that by now, Neuroflare! And plenty of people put cheese on their potatoes!