BETA TEST: Bunny Bomber

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kangus

Zombie on your pwn!
Jan 29, 2001
Illinois, USA
www.planetunreal.com
Here is a little weapon I've been working on for far too long.... that is putting off work on for far too long.
Thanks to a can of RedBull, I was able to fix the one major bug in the BunnyBomber so I could put it up for testing.

BUNNY BOMBER TEST #3 AVAILABLE NOW!

Get it here: (Test #3)
http://dl.fileplanet.com/dl/dl.asp?PlanetUnreal/wod/kanguskrap/bunnybombertest3.zip

do not distribute this file. This is a semi-private beta test for WoD forumers only.

see the read me for summoning instructions and such, as I've not included a mutator in this release.

Post all feedback and bugs in this thread. I want lots of feedback!

Thanks & enjoy.

Last edited:

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
'Feedback'

Cool gun. Okay, here's da bugsz an' stuff. The bunnies always seemed to chase my teamates rather than members of the opposing team (I tested it in CTF). The bunnies also seemed more like they were just bouncing than jumping. Maybe you could make it so after they first hit the ground, they'd only bounce a certain height. I liked the bunny boxes and the bunnies' violent deaths. :)

Was that enough feedback from me, or would you care for some more?

:y5:\¯I am a monkey!

Look at the talking monkey!

Kangus

Zombie on your pwn!
Jan 29, 2001
Illinois, USA
www.planetunreal.com
alright.... I'll fix the team chasing thing, but I've tried fixing the high bounce thing and decided that it makes the gun less interesting if I fix it, and in one sense or another it kinda balances the gun, because if you don't fire it at the right angle the bunnies will jump right over their target.
More feedback is always welcome.

Kangus

Zombie on your pwn!
Jan 29, 2001
Illinois, USA
www.planetunreal.com
Nalis as test subjects

oops.... seems I had set the bunnies to ONLY seek team mates....
put an == where I shoulda put a !=
thats what I get for doing the majority of my seeking tests on Nalis.
Anyways, I've tweaked the bunnies a bit..... I'll upload the new version within an hour.
Any suggestions for ammo counts?

Kangus

Zombie on your pwn!
Jan 29, 2001
Illinois, USA
www.planetunreal.com
Ok, test release #2 is ready.
The bunnies now hunt down the enemy, have a hard time seeing invisible people and do a little less damage for balancing reasons.... yes, I'm trying to balance this weapon.
you can get it from the updated link above

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
More 'feedback'

I tested it on CTF-Orbital again and they chase enemies now. Yay. I found what you might call a bug. If you press alt fire, you can't change weapons until you press fire again. I can't remember if sounds was on your to do list, but you might want to change the fire sound. Um, I'm done.

Kangus

Zombie on your pwn!
Jan 29, 2001
Illinois, USA
www.planetunreal.com
damn that lock up bug.... I'll figure it out soion enough hopefully.
Yes, sounds is on my to-do list. Any suggestions for the firing sound? I was just gonna alter the alt fire sound really.
BTW, I added a secret into the newst version which should be ready soon.
Keep on Testin'!

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
Corn off da cob.

Sounds good to me. Like corn - da stinky cob! Cobless corn! Actually, I don't like corn too much... Bad comparison. Think instead, about cheese. Yeah, cheese!

Kangus

Zombie on your pwn!
Jan 29, 2001
Illinois, USA
www.planetunreal.com
Test #3 Available!

Go get it above.
This is almost the exact version that I'll release to the public if you find no bugs.

Changes since test #2:
--Bunnies no longer jump so damn high.....
--Bunny seeking code improved
--Bunnies may now be shot at and destroyed before they get to you
--Bunnies do not get stuck near as often as before
--New Weapon Skin!
--Bunny Damage reduced
--Alt fire sounds & animations removed
--Alt fire no longer locks up switching weapons
--Secret Snotbunny mode added
--Ammo amounts changed
--Loads of other tweaks I'm forgetting about

Status
Not open for further replies.