v436 dillema

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

The ultimate novice

It's MY island!
Feb 14, 2001
Gator Country
Visit site
I just DLed v436 patch, but it came with no instalation instructions, and the file has no extention. (Its description in properties is "file" :confused: )Should I just move it to my system folder? I seem to remeber there being more to it than that...

ChrisToth.hu

Level Designer
Oct 2, 2000
Atlantis
Try giving it an extension...UMOD or ZIP.

If the ZIp is the correct one then Extract it into the System folder and double click on it.

If the UMOD is the correct one then move it into the Sys...blah. Ya know. :D

If it doesn't recognize the UMOD extension as "Unreal Module" then move it into the system folder and run Setup.exe install xxx.umod where xxx is the name of the file.

ChrisToth.hu

Level Designer
Oct 2, 2000
Atlantis
You're right Zodiak...
That's just my preference. I keep my umods in the System folder.

But for the setup.exe method you need to do that. (Or you need the path...)

The ultimate novice

It's MY island!
Feb 14, 2001
Gator Country
Visit site
I pissed. I'm realy pissed. Twice now I've had to wait in line at FilePlanet to DL v436, (different mirror this time) and the second one was exactly the same! I'm so confused. Ok, I vented a little, I'll go frustrate myself some more now....

The ultimate novice

It's MY island!
Feb 14, 2001
Gator Country
Visit site
..:p <------that would be me...
:stupid:

Man I feel dumb. I figured out the problem. I just recently got this computer, and I neglected to install winzip.

Yeah, laugh it up. I deserve it. Sorry for the waste of space that this thread just became.

Lodev

Sep 3, 2000
Belgium
If you wanna be 1337, do this: in explorer open tools --> folder options --> view and turn OFF hide file extensions for known file types

that is just a sucky microsoft thing that is on by default :(

The ultimate novice

It's MY island!
Feb 14, 2001
Gator Country
Visit site
Already did that, there was NO extension until I DLed Winzip. I don't undersand it, but I'm not wrong. NO extension.

BTW, If that's the kind of thing that makes one l33t, then I'm no longer impressed with the title. That's kiddie s**t. [Speel] Try configuring IIS, DHCP, DNS, and WINS with no instruction some time. Or Slipstreaming a service pack on a badly configured i386 distribution folder! Or probing into to the complexities of TCP/IP! [/Speel]

Sorry, I'm a little stressed with scholl right now, had to vent. I feel better now.

Lodev

Sep 3, 2000
Belgium
heh, I just meant, 1337-er than people getting virusses from hidden exe's that they thought to be a gif file