Weapons on characters

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Ola@UGA

Jul 9, 2001
GA
Visit site
Hi,
I'm new to the forum, so forgive me if I say or do something wrong.

I have a question about the weapon's poly on the 3d mesh. Is it necessary to have it if I have a character with built in weapons? Is that what the engine is using to calculate where the "firing" will come from? Once I have a character with it's oen weapon in the game there is a default weapon on the end of my weapon. What is the best way to get ride of this?

Peace

CrazyCougar

CATatonic
Jan 5, 2001
Ottawa, Canada
Welcome to PuF!

Take a look at some of the custom models and skins. You will see examples where they don't show weapons but that's not a good thing. People want to see what weapons are being used against them so they can react faster. If you create a model/skin that hides the real weapon it won't be very popular...

It can be done though. The first one that comes to mind is Darth Maul... well it was the second but I can't remember the name of the first one... :D