INF Lite.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

erehwoN

The Bass Ackwards BTL
May 30, 2001
Wyoming, USA
Visit site
After a couple months of procrastination, I finally got INF Lite to work on my mac with the help of ModSquad:
Infiltration Lite - did not work until I placed copies of the INF system files
in the normal UT system file (warning 'do not' place the UMenu.u or UWindow.u file in the UT system folder).
Once I did get it to work, I fired it up for a while. After playing, I was wondering what the team has in plan for this. Will there ever be a "random" loadout or will it go old school like 2.75 where you pick up the weapons around the map, or will you and all of the bots always have the same loadouts? It took me a while to get used to not having to hold down the right mouse to stabalize my breathing.;) Anyhow, I would like to hear what all the team has planned for this great little addition to the mod.
*slightly sober post*:p

Iceman

Who Dares Wins
Oct 6, 1999
Australia
Visit site
Yeah i couldn't figger out what it does eather, the only thing i noticed different was you pick stuff up when you run over them :confused: .

Iceman.

erehwoN

The Bass Ackwards BTL
May 30, 2001
Wyoming, USA
Visit site
INF Lite is just a mutator you run through Vanilla UT. You can use all of the current weapons, but the bots are smarter, and there is no stamina, breathing, or anything. It is a rather fun way to play. If you are having problems with running mods on your Mac, go to Modsquad Mac . They have lots of tips for us macsters (Including the one I quoted earlier.) Try to get INF Lite to work, it is worth it.

erehwoN

The Bass Ackwards BTL
May 30, 2001
Wyoming, USA
Visit site
Re: Thanks erehwo|\|

Originally posted by Elite_Soldier
I owe you one for that link. I have got to try this.
No problem. I gotta look out for fellow macsters.;)
That is a helpful site. I am trying to get a moderator to "Sticky" my similar thread in the Troubleshooting Forum. Does INF Lite work for you now?

erehwoN

The Bass Ackwards BTL
May 30, 2001
Wyoming, USA
Visit site
I think that Apple will start to become more gamer friendly. With the solid backing of nVidia, I think more companies will start to port games over to the Mac platform. I also think they will start to take more advantage of the Velocity Engine and OS X's new features. We can hope, anyways. Only time will tell.

I think we need to buy more games

Right now, developers can't really find it worthwhile to port games to mac. I don't have any statistics (maybe later), but alot of times when games are sold on the PC, they sell millions of units. On macs, they sell around 10,000. Not enough to warrant a port. Sure, they do make money off of it, just not enough to get their lazy asses working on it :)

I just wish Apple would become more game friendly. They support it publically, but financially it seems thye just don't care too much. And as a gamer, I find it sucks :(

But I addicted to the OS, so I will probably never go PC.

PS: As a sidenote, I want more customizabiliy as well ;)

erehwoN

The Bass Ackwards BTL
May 30, 2001
Wyoming, USA
Visit site
I, myself haven't bought many mac games in the last year, in fact the last game I bought was UT when it came out. I know I should buy more games, just for support, but I don't really want them. I would have bought Tribes and/or Tribes2, Half Life, etc, if they came out for the mac, but of course they didn't. We are getting Halo (so I hear) and a couple other new games.:)

LCJr.

Apr 14, 2001
Visit site
Sierra-Dynamix was bought out by a French company Havas-Cendant. Besides stopping the port of HL they completely axed Dynamix keeping only the name and 3 employees who worked on Tribes. I haven't bought a Sierra product since.

Antedeluge

I survived the flood of 2000 B.C.
Jan 1, 2001
Visit site
Stellar 7 was tha bomb!!!!!!!!!!!!! And yes, it was quite challenging. I hated those stupid prox mine type things that would always go suicide bombing on you. I think that the Raven shoulda been a little bit more durable. It was supposed to be all advanced and stuff but you could get killed so fast.