Waving guns

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

carnivore

Built For The kill
Feb 6, 2001
israel
Iv got an idea that i thought about yesterday while playing belfast1972
Lets say you are walking in the street (we are at belfast ok?) and you see two tangos in front of you, you take cover behind a box (on croach position) and you know that they will be close to you in a minute.
so instad of standing up or running and probably dying, you just wave you weapon above you head and shoot blindly and sprying death at you enemys , killing them or making them to go prone or to take cover and then you can run or to kill them.

think about it before you flame! :)
It will be kickass option in CQB!
Sure it will have drawbacks like spending alot of ammo and low hitting chance but i coult save you ass or to be used a suppresive fire!

carnivore

Built For The kill
Feb 6, 2001
israel
True but...

You can use grenades or fight behind cover BUT if you wave your weapon and shoot them you will catch them in total suprise and you have better chance of hitting them and stay alive

carnivore

Built For The kill
Feb 6, 2001
israel
Sure we can!

What the hell are you talking about?! :)

No realy, i would like to see this in the game, i will need animation and all but it will add alot to the game tactics!

You cant make some nasty ambush with it!:cool:

carnivore

Built For The kill
Feb 6, 2001
israel
Ok ok ...

You are right, its not that good tactic, but it can save your ass when the odds against you and you no alternative!

LCJr.

Apr 14, 2001
Visit site
If your behind solid enough cover you can't be hit your in no immediate danger except from grenades and going prone will minimize that. By firing at what you can't see your wasting ammo and broadcasting your position to anyone else in the area. Even if you force the enemy to go prone you still cant leave cover and they can still throw grenades or just wait til you empty your gun and rush you. Or one of them will keep you pinned while the other flanks you and shoots you in the back.

IMHO your alternatives are 1. Hide behind cover and throw grenades. 2. Use the box for cover, pop up shoot and duck back down. 3. Combination of 1+2 might be the best.

Once you get behind cover you have the advantage as they're ones now out in the open.

The_Fur

Back in black
Nov 2, 2000
www.rlgaming.com
Ignore thses naysayers

The Germans developped several weapons for specifically this purpose. They had a bent barrel MG34 for clearing infantry off their Elephant assault guns.
They had a bent barrel for the MG42 for firing around corners. The also had a bent barrel for the Sturmgewehr44 for the same reason.

LCJr.

Apr 14, 2001
Visit site
"Krummerleaf" or "Krummer Lauf" is the name and they were also fitted with periscope sights so they could see what they were shooting at. They also caused excessive barrel wear and deemed unfeasible for use with machineguns and not too many were made for the assualt rifle.

vedder

See This Needle? See my arm...
Jun 10, 2001
www.myextralife.com
Visit site
they call this tactic "spray and pray" in paintball.... and believe me its not pretty when some newbie starts littering the airspace with ammunition blindly firing at anyone and everyone. I doubt your teamate is going to like being taken out if you accidentally hit him. And you thought nade team-kills were ugly....

Dupre

Code Pimp
May 8, 2000
www.geocities.com
Actually, "spray and pray" is illegal in paintball (at least the regulated ones). First, it's unsafe. Second, if you peg a ref doing it, you'll get banned from the course. Or he might break out his gun and several thousand rounds of paint and frag your ass.

St0rmcaller

[AFA]'s unoffical godfather
Apr 4, 2001
United States of America
Eddie Murphy in Harlem Nights, when he's by the window and and being shot at by three baddies...? Anyone? Anyone?:)

I think there is a good reason why they don't teach such things in an organized military. But I don't know, the Army might be dumb enough.

/me ducks.

j/k guys.

vedder

See This Needle? See my arm...
Jun 10, 2001
www.myextralife.com
Visit site
Originally posted by Dupre
Actually, "spray and pray" is illegal in paintball (at least the regulated ones). First, it's unsafe. Second, if you peg a ref doing it, you'll get banned from the course. Or he might break out his gun and several thousand rounds of paint and frag your ass.

Exactly it is quite illegal which was the point i was trying to convey.

The_Fur

Back in black
Nov 2, 2000
www.rlgaming.com
And?

Illegal never stopped anybody doing anything in a war.
Just because it is''t common practice or isn't allowed doesn't mean it's a bad idea. IRL when somebody fires the other guys will hit the dirt. It isn't a on-line FPS game where all they'd do is think frag and run right at you.

St0rmcaller

[AFA]'s unoffical godfather
Apr 4, 2001
United States of America
Did you also know it is illegal to kill an enemy when escaping a POW camp? Lots of stuff is illegal, but some things just don't make good combat sense. Shooting blind is one of them.

TheWolf$M.Inc.$

Knife Fiend
Jul 6, 2001
Tennessee
minc.darkelves.net
Spray and Pray

At the paintball course I go to, if you shoot the ref in a stupid way(i.e.-spray and pray, shooting him when he runs across the field-the ref DOES have zippy tie things which are neon pink attached to his mask, or any other way that was uncalled for he gets to shoot you. It is the rule there and it is in the waiver that you have to sign.

The shooting range part is where they chronograph. One at the chrono barrel, one at the other side. This distance is about 10 feet. So yea, it would hurt. But hell, I have been bunkered plenty of times, or bunkered people and got shot up by their team who were farther back. I have pretty much goten used to getting hit.

carnivore

Built For The kill
Feb 6, 2001
israel
Ok ok...

First, we are NOT talking about paintball!!!
So why are saying "oh, its illegale to blind spray in paintball, lets not use it"...
You are missing the point.
First , im talking about ass saving action ok?
if you see 2 tangos rushing at you you take cover and spary them!
You have no time to think, " oh its illegal, i cant use this!" crap
you take your shoot, hooping you killed them, and thats all.
it has more chances to save then to just run or just to hide
why?
cous if you run, they will shot and kill you( and im not talking about the flying speed that is in INF right now )
if you tkae cover, they will flank you OR throw grenades at you.
oh, and throwing grenades blindly is better?

Im not saying that if you see a box, go hide and spray bllindly and hope you have targets, cous that is stupid
And if you think like that, read my post again