bright light

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

BlueSniper

if today was yesterday, what's tomarrow?
Mar 6, 2001
I need to make a BRIGHT light. a light that will illuminate the entire building area. how to I go about doing this?

DeadEyeNick

Dec 30, 2000
BRIGHT LIGHT?
If u wanna illuminate the entire building lights need not be use, u can select all the textures belonging to the textures, go 2 texture property, check "unlit" field. Not recommended really.
OR
U can use light actor in a room and set the light properties as "cylinder". <--- under lightings, one of the field :D.

Dunno if there r other ways.

Starstreams

Mar 12, 2001
USA
mgiese1.home.comcast.net
You can use zones to light an entire zoned area, or your entire building granted if it was one zone, but that would look fugly :D

You can also do what DeRailer said, that would definitely work, but why would you want to use one light to illuminate a entire building? That wouldn’t look very real, but then again I haven’t seen the lay out so I can’t say for sure.

Lighting is a pain in the a$$, but is one of the most important things to take into consideration, it is the mood and the dynamics of your map.

Last edited:

das_ben

Concerned.
Feb 11, 2000
Teutonia
i think the best real-world lighting is a mixture between zone- and dynamic lighting and it also runs pretty fast

just do a good zone lighting that lights up the entire building/outdoor terrain/whatever and place dynamic lights for special lighting, e.g. when a lamp casts light or to simulate the sun outdoors

Dupre

Code Pimp
May 8, 2000
www.geocities.com
Yep, I definitely agree. To have sharp lighting contrast between in the inside of a building and maybe a dark outside, the zone light and dynamic light method is the best.

Last edited: