Animated Texture Creation?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DeathAid

Hmm what's that red dot doing here?
Nov 18, 2000
I've been looking for tuts on animated textures, and from the ones I've found I'm starting to wonder if I can do what I wanted. What I'm trying to do is have something like an animated gif for the texture and I was wondering if that is possible. The tuts I've found seem to want me to use unrealed options

DeathAid

Hmm what's that red dot doing here?
Nov 18, 2000
Right...

But how do I link textures togethere. What I had ment was that I wanted something like that would look like an animated gif sorry for the confusion.

Starstreams

Mar 12, 2001
USA
mgiese1.home.comcast.net
Kind of like the TV in the DM-INF-Sicily...right?

The easiest way to create a sequence of animating textures is to import a bunch of textures with names that end in _A## (Where ## is the number of the animation frame, starting at zero). For example, to create a four-texture animation sequence, import four files named:

MyAnim_A00.bmp
MyAnim_A01.bmp
MyAnim_A02.bmp
MyAnim_A03.bmp

When you import a texture into UnralED, it looks for _A## in the name and then sets up the animation.

When you import animation textures into UnrealED, the editor shows all of the individual frames of animation. However, you should always use the first one (the one with the name ending inA00) when setting the texture’s properties and adjusting its frame rate.

Here are useful texture properties related to animation:

-AnimNext: the next texture in the animation sequence, or none to indicate that the sequence should proceed back to the first texture.

-PrimeCount: For procedural animation textures, the texture internally animates itself PrimeCount times before it’s first rendered. Use this to avoid algorithmic fire billowing up the first time it comes into view.

-MinFrameRate: The minimum frame rate for the animation. The texture will always animate this fast, or faster (0 indicates that the texture should animate at the rendering frame rate).

-MaxFrameRate: The maximum frame rate for the animation. The texture will always animate this fast, or slower. If you set this equal to MinFrameRate, the texture animation, rate will never vary.

For texture animation, the game supports two animation rates (MinFrameRate and MaxFrameRate) to prevent “animation aliasing”: the annoying artifacts you see when a texture animates through frames at a variable rate, such as “1223445”. When the rendering frame rate is between MinFrameRate and MaxFrameRate, the texture will always animate smoothly, i.e. “12345”

-Mike-