This is going to help ballist and his corrupt idea but.........

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Eyes-Only

Feb 1, 2001
I thought I would post this (it is pretty old too) but it is worth a read. I will post the whole article and we are under 'tactical future'. I warn you it is sorta long but it is a good read. Oh and yes I know ballist and rogueleader :p I would also like to point out the crime rate in SW Fresno is down 52% I believe (but dont quote me)

War On Crime

The SFPD used SWAT-style equipment to raid a Western Addition housing project. Does military gear encourage military policing?
Just before dawn on Oct. 30, 90 law-enforcement officers wearing black masks and fatigues and armed with assault rifles stormed the Martin Luther King Jr./Marcus Garvey Cooperative in the Western Addition. They used special "shock-lock" shotgun rounds to blow apartment doors off their hinges and cleared people out of rooms by throwing "flash- bang grenades," which produce nonlethal explosions that terrify and disorient people.

At a Nov. 4 police commission meeting, a train of furious and sobbing residents from the raided housing complex - all of them African American - described how officers slapped them, stepped on their necks and put guns to their heads while other officers ransacked their homes. Weeping and terrified children, some as young as six, were handcuffed and separated from their parents. Some urinated in their pajamas. (Police chief Fred Lau told the San Francisco Chronicle that officers wanted to keep the kids from "running around.")

Residents of the complex say the raid was a violation of their civil rights. Scores of people with no charges against them and no criminal records were put in disposable plastic "flex-cuffs." Civil servants and grand mothers were held at gunpoint. One woman was hospitalized after a fit of seizures; other people were so distraught they couldn't return to work for days.

And a pit bull named Bosco - which many residents described as well liked and friendly - was shot inside an apartment, dragged bleeding outside, and shot again. Deputy chief Richard Holder told police commissioners that, according to police intelligence gathered during covert operations," the dog was "known for its jumping ability and was shot in midair."

The squad that raided the housing complex included agents from the San Francisco Police Department's tactical squad and narcotics division, the District Attorney's office, the FBI, the Drug Enforcement Agency, and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms. According to SFPD narcotics lieutenant Kitt Crenshaw, who initiated and planned the operation, the action was designed to "put fear in the hearts" of a gang called the Knock Out Posse. "The raid went off, more or less, without a hitch," Crenshaw said. "I feel bad for the innocent women and children that were there, but in a way they do bear some responsibility for harboring drug dealers."

Agents made 11 arrests and netted a pound of what Crenshaw described as "high-grade" marijuana, almost four ounces of crack cocaine, seven pistols, and $4,000 cash. Residents say that money was not drug lucre, that it had been collected to help pay for the funeral of Germain Brown, a recently deceased friend. Thanks to state and federal asset forfeiture laws, the SFPD may get to keep and spend 80 percent of the seized money.

S.W.A.T. Nation
Though the raid on the King/Garvey project was brutal and audacious, it was not unusual. Paramilitary or tactical policing -law enforcement that uses the equipment" training, rhetoric, and tactics of warfare is on the rise nationwide. According to a study by sociologist Peter Kraska, there are more than 30,000 heavily armed, militarily trained police units in the United States and the number of paramilitary police "call-outs" quadrupled between 1980 and 1995.

The tactical buildup has been fueled by fattened drug-war budgets and a wave of federal largesse. Between 1995 and 1997 the Department of Defense gave local police 1.2 million pieces of military hard- ware, including more than 3,800 M16 automatic assault rifles, 2,185 Rugar M 14 semiautomatic rifles, - 73 M79 grenade launchers, and 112 armored personnel carriers (APCs). One tactical outfit calls its APC ,'mother"; another, in east Texas, has named its APCs "Bubba One" and "Bubba Two."

Military gear given to the SFPD includes two helicopters, several electrical generators, vehicles, and office furniture, according to tactical officer Dino Zografos. Several years ago the department acquired two APCs from the United Kingdom.

The department's 45-officer tac-squad buys its own AR 15 and MP53 assault rifles. Most of the SFPD's tactical training is done in- house, though SWAT officers have received special instruction from FBI, military, and private instructors.

Nationwide, tactical units have metastasized from emergency response teams into a standard part of everyday policing. SWAT teams that would once have been called in only to handle the occasional barricaded suspect now conduct routine drug raids like the one on the King/Garvey co-op. In Fresno, Indianapolis, and San Francisco they even patrol high-crime areas.

Critics of SWAT-style policing say militarized training, weaponry, and organization cause cops to over- react and treat ordinary policing situations as military operations. "The fundamental problem with the SWAT model is that if police become soldiers, the community be- comes the enemy," says Sacramento State University sociologist Tony Platt, one of the first scholars to analyze the rise of tactical policing. "Paramilitary policing erodes the idea of police as pubic servants subordinate to community needs."

And Kraska says, "The more paramilitary police units exist, the more all policing will be militia rized." Considering what's happening around the country, those charges don't seem far-fetched. According to a CBS News survey of SWAT encounters, police use of deadly force has increased 34 per- cent in the past three years.

Tactical Future
For a look at the future of American law enforcement, travel south on Highway 99 from San Francisco to Fresno, and turn off on one of the city's southern exits. On the pocked side streets of southwest Fresno's sprawling ghetto, among fading stucco bungalows and dying rail yards, massive paramilitary police operations take place almost every night.

It's a cold October night; 30 police officers (three squads of 10) don black jumpsuits, military hel- mets, and bulletproof vests, lock and load their Heckler and Koch MP5 submachine guns, and fan out for a routine patrol. Meet Fresno's Violent Crime Suppression Unit (VCSU), the Fresno P.D.'s "special forces" and America's most aggressive SWAT team.

Since 1994 the VCSU has patrolled the city's have-not suburbs in full military gear, with automatic assault rifles (the same model used by Navy SEALS) at the ready. The unit is backed by two helicopters with infrared scopes and an army- surplus APC; it's equipped with at- tack dogs, flash-bang grenades, smoke bombs, tear gas, pepper spray, metal clubs, and "blunt trama ordinance," essentially beanbags fired from shotguns, designed to daze rather than kill.

"It's a war," Sgt. Margaret Mims of the Fresno Sheriff's Department says. In the name of crisis management, the VCSU is free to use aggressive and unorthodox tactics. Sometimes the unit quietly deploys troops on foot to surround targeted corners or sweep through neighborhoods. At other times, like this autumn night, agents move in a fleet of regular patrol cars "like a wolf pack" looking for "contact," as a VCSU officer put it. "Contacts" generally involve swooping onto street comers, forcing pedestrians to the ground, searching them, running warrant checks, taking photos, and entering all the new "intelligence" into a state database from computer terminals in each patrol car. The area of operation is a poor and desolate African American neighborhood Fresno residents call the Dog Pound.

As the patrol makes a routine traffic stop, a man is standing on the sidewalk talking to the driver. When the VCSU pull up, he flees into a nearby house. The VCSU immediately surround the area. Officers with AR 15s and H&K MP5s "hold the perimeter," some watching the house, others looking out at the neighborhood. Five officers rush the door.

The VCSU are not, technically, in "hot pursuit." They have no legal right to enter the premises. But the elderly woman behind the black metal door is confronted with five SWAT-style officers with submachine guns, and they want to search her house. She consents. Five big, white cops move into the living room and grab a young African American man. They demand to know his name; it's David. "What?" he says. "Man, I didn't do anything!" As he protests, his voice cracks and a tearful grimace clouds his face.

With consent from David's trembling grandmother, three cops search the little bungalow. For all the agents' science fiction-esque uniforms and state-of-the-art gear, they call up an awful specter from the past. More than anything else, the robocops of the VCSU resemble the "patrollers" of the Old South, the slave-catching militias that spent their nights rousting plantation shacks looking for contraband, weapons, and signs that slaves were planning to escape north.

"Are you on parole, probation? Hub?" a VCSU officer demands. "Let's go outside, David." The suspect is cuffed, searched, interrogated, and forced to the ground. His name is fed into a computer. A flashlight is continuously pointed at his face. No drugs are found. But David lied, saying he wasn't on parole, and he is. "That's a violation fo parole, David."The white cops send another black man off to jail.

For much of the rest of the night, a standoff occupies 30 cops from three different agencies and two from three different agencies and two helicopters. The target is a teenager who hasn't been charged with any- thing; he's just wanted for questioning. "If you're 21, male, living in one of these neighborhoods, and you're not in our computer, then there's definitely something wrong," VCSU officer Paul Boyer says.

Widespread Abuses
Fresno's is the only police department in the country that deploys its tactical units for routine patrol work. But big, aggressive SWAT operations like the one at the King/ Garvey co-op are becoming more common. From Albuquerque to Miami, tactical teams have repeatedly shot and killed unarmed civilians in the course of botched drug raids. In a recent case in Bethlehem, Pa., a SWAT team killed a suspect, then burnt his house down. And thanks to confusion and the overzealous use of flash-bang grenades, tactical officers are increasingly shooting one another; a case in Oxnard, Calif., is the most recent example.

Perhaps the most infamous police tactical operation took place several years ago in Chapel Hill, N.C. In "Operation Ready-Rock," police received a blanket warrant allowing them to search every person and vehicle on the 100 block of Graham Street.

"We believe that there are no 'innocent' people at this place," the police department's warrant request stated. "Only drug sellers and drug buyers are on the described premises." Forty-five heavily armed commandos from local and state law- enforcement agencies seated off the street and made what police would describe as a "dynamic entrance" into a pool hall by smashing in the front door and holding occupants at gunpoint. Whites were allowed to leave the area; more than 100 African Americans were searched. Agents found only minor quantities of drugs.

It's not every municipal agency that can afford equipment that's too powerful for the task at hand. Else- where in North Carolina, the Greensboro public library's bus- sized "bookmobile" was recently retired for lack of funds. Shortly thereafter, the police department bought the bookmobile and converted it into a mobile command- and-control center for its elite 23- member Special Response Team.

The cops were delighted: a six- foot-five SRT officer had trouble standing up in the previous van. "It's a great piece of equipment," police spokesperson M.C. Bitner said, "It's really much betten than we had.

© Christian Parenti

Wikkan

Dickhead Fulfilled!
Feb 15, 2001
In the first incedent, I did not find in any way the SWAT teams breaching protocol. The dog, was considered a threat and obviously attacked an officer. The civ's were handcuffed for the police and other peoples protection, any one of them could have taken a gun and shot someone.

As for the others, I think some people need to be briefed on proper use of deadly force. And run through SWAT school a couple more times instead of putting overzealous supremists from the National Guard into spec-ops police gear. My god... :rolleyes:

poaw

You used to sleep easy at night.
Mar 25, 2001
Camp Pendleton, California
This isn't really news to me. It's become a part of the repotaire of African-American common sense that police are not your friend, they will harrass, they will rob you, and they will kill you.

What's really funny about it is how little white people understand about it. Whenever I drive somewhere with white friends I have to explain to them that, yes cops still do pull black more often than white, and yes, they will make-up a bull**** reason for doing it.

Eyes-Only

Feb 1, 2001
Poaw in regards to your comment about cops pulling black men over with bull**** reasons. I for one would say I dont pull black men over for bull**** reasons anymore than I do whites. I am a equal kinda man I will pull any race over for bull**** reasons :D

NOTE: this was a joke beside I dont pull many people over anyhow (compared to human partner cops)

poaw

You used to sleep easy at night.
Mar 25, 2001
Camp Pendleton, California
Wikkan the problem is not breaching protocol, it's the protocols themselves.

Looking at the area they covered and the number of actual arrests, their actions are indefensible. The only way they can get away with oppression of civil rights on that scale is to do it to black people.

Imagine this scenario:
Your high school decides to crack down on in school drug possesion. They decide the best way to go about this is a surprise full body cavity search of every student in the school.
Would they find drugs?
Of course.
Would it be worth the anger and humiliation it caused?
No.

So if one isn't acceptable then why is the other?

Eyes-Only

Feb 1, 2001
Let me say this I believe the author of the above piece was not trying to show what the title implied. I believe he is bitter and thinks that the police still come down hard on blacks. Now I am not saying that some dont but it is far less than before. When I was a beat cop (not K9) I had a black partner and we had a agreement that if we ever encounter an african american during a a call or T. stop he would talk to him (unless there were two or more) Why you ask? We got a better response than if I were to question him is why. That is a hard fact. Granted over time (after we responded to the same calls and dealt with the same people) they got to know me and respect me (even if I took them to jail) but we always had that rule. The whole article rubbed me the wrong way and to me didnt really focus on anything other than "Are police SWAT teams hard on minorities" These kinds of things come with the job though so I have to live with it.

Wikkan

Dickhead Fulfilled!
Feb 15, 2001
There is a reason for Special Weapons and Tactics, patrolling the streets in force is not one of them. Wish NC would get that through their heads. I agree eyes, that article pissed me off.

Lord_Bunker

Apr 18, 2000
Visit site
that's a bi-weekly occurance around here(sadly i'm not joking this time). if anyone here would have happened to have heard of parker ks. then i know what you been smoking. i could also probably count the number of blacks in the area with out even taking my shoes off. i sincerly doubt there's a black person in that whole town. yet the atf showing up with teargas is a pretty common place occurance. i'm surpised some meth lab hasn't blown up there yet.

Last edited:

Eyes-Only

Feb 1, 2001
I will say that yes the VCSU does patrol like a normal cop but I think this above event that this writter has put down is false...I could be wrong but I will ask tomorrow at work (not today Thurs. I am off) I dont patrol the SW area of Fresno but I dont recall anyone using the term "dog pound" for that area.....maybe SE or E Fresno....we have a gang (well multi gangs) that go by Bulldogs. They "claim" the color red....you know how it goes....but they are an east side gang. SW and west is where the Crips are at (rival gang) but both the Crips and Bulldogs are dying down it seems. I patrol NW Fresno (or where ever a K9 is needed and all the others are otherwise engaged)

Pic is our HOT A** uniform

RogueLeader

Tama-chan says, "aurf aurf aurf!"
Oct 19, 2000
Indiana. Kill me please.
This is common tactics for swat teams. The entire purpose of swat teams is to fill the void left by the Posse Commitatus Act, which forbids use of the military in civilian law enforcement. Since they can't use the military, they just make the cops equivelent to them.

OICW

Reason & Logic > Religion
Guess that those guys haven't heard of proper training :rolleyes:

They are giving normal police officers automatic weapons and flashbangs and expecting them to use them correctly. Right. Give me some of what they are smoking, I could use some of it.

Hell, if I said that in some American states, I'd probably be charged for drug prossesion or something stupid like that :mad: