How Can I Do A Successful Hammer Jump?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DethConsumer

Jul 4, 2001
Visit site
Alot of times, I see players getting a higher jump with the piston gun. I've tried to use the piston gun with the jump boots and still can't achieve the height other players get. What the hell am I doing wrong? Is there more to it than aiming down and firing and jumping?:eek:

8-4-7-2

Mar 6, 2000
Germany
Add this to your aliases in the user.ini

Aliases[25]=(Command="getweapon impacthammer | fire | button bFire | onrelease jump",Alias=hammerjump)

The number is not important just take the next free one. To bind the key use "C=hammerjump" for example

For manually a 30-45° angle is best. But don't ask me for bootjumps. I suck at them too, and some demos I saw are awesome

Cablebait

May 23, 2001
canada
Visit site
this one is cool.....wont help in height however will makit easier Axis aLookUp speed=-9999|LookDown|Jump|LookDown|Fire
couple interesting ways it can be used..hehe
cmon u [edit] slackerz[gimme some cool binds:)
one more for the road....Aliases[18]=(Command="Button bRun |jump",Alias=Walking);)

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 7, 2000
You can get even higher if you jump just before releasing,but you have to do it manual then,not with the bind...

Run Forward--->Get IH--->Charge IH--->Jump--->Look straight down--->Release Hammer....

-Revenant

Judypunch

Jun 3, 2001
St. Charles, MO.
Visit site
alt alias

Here is one more option for a hammer alias.

Aliases[##]=(Command="getweapon ImpactHammer | Button bFire | Fire | onrelease jump | Button bFire | Fire",Alias=upup)

For max height make shure that your hammer is fully charged, and yes it works with boots.

el Gato

Has-Been
Jan 19, 2000
outside Raleigh NC
Re: alt alias

Originally posted by Judypunch

Aliases[##]=(Command="getweapon ImpactHammer | Button bFire | Fire | onrelease jump | Button bFire | Fire",Alias=upup)

JudyPunch

1) Nice alias, I may have a look at it, although I HJ without one now. Curious - why are there 2 Button bFire commands in that alias?

2) Is you name taken from "Punch and Judy"? Your sig looks vaguely familiar... :)

Judypunch

Jun 3, 2001
St. Charles, MO.
Visit site
The second fire is to keep the hammer running until after the jump just like you would in a normal IHJ for height. Judypunch came from a drink that a old friend would make and man did it have a kick.

el Gato

Has-Been
Jan 19, 2000
outside Raleigh NC
ahhh... gotcha. Thanks. :)

Growing up I watched a show on the PBS station called "Punch and Judy". It was a kids show. Jusy was dressed up like Snow White and Punch was a puppet dude. Your sig and name reminded me of the show. Pretty freaky.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Originally posted by Brute_Force
this one is cool.....wont help in height however will makit easier Axis aLookUp speed=-9999|LookDown|Jump|LookDown|Fire
couple interesting ways it can be used..hehe
cmon u [edit] slackerz[gimme some cool binds:)
one more for the road....Aliases[18]=(Command="Button bRun |jump",Alias=Walking);)

Racial slurs are not welcome here, Brute Force.

Cablebait

May 23, 2001
canada
Visit site
Hal???

You are joking right?..i am not in the least racial nor did i say anything racial?...hmm ..where did u get that ridiculous idea?you must have misinterpreted some word?

ben harkins

Mar 29, 2001
Visit site
Okay Brute Force, I'll accept the possibility that this is just a cultural misunderstanding since you are from Canada. However, for future reference, if you refer to someone as a "Hymie" in any english speaking country that I know of, it damn well is a racial slur. I apologize if this was a misunderstanding because I was the one who asked Hal to edit your post.

Cablebait

May 23, 2001
canada
Visit site
hmmm

I think where u live must have way too much racism...maybe i spelled it wrong?[hymee?]the actual meaning is....[someone who keeps everything to himself and doesnt share with others]...<<<that would pertain to every culture and every race.....therefore is impossible to be a racist slur.That seemed to be a quick gun pointed there bud,UNDERSTAND everyone in this world isnt a racist!btw sorry Hal not your fault.Hope this subject never comes up again.Thnx for stirring up a very delicate subject bud.Next time look at the context it was used in and maybe figure it out?There was no racism involved in wat i said watsoever.Geesh.

ben harkins

Mar 29, 2001
Visit site
Okay Brute Force, I guess the problem is that you are just a little thick in the head so I will just come out and spell it out for you. A Hymie is a jew, of which I happen to be one. The reason you and your acquaintances use the term to refer to
someone who keeps everything to himself and doesnt share with others
, is because that is a common stereotype about Jewish people. Hymie is a commonly used racial slur and although maybe it is possible that you used the term without really knowing what it means it doesn't excuse you from being responsible for your own words. Next you are going to tell me that a "wetback" just refers to someone who sweats alot. And by the way I really appreciate you flaming me when I went out of my way to be polite to you in my last post. Have a nice day "bud."

Status
Not open for further replies.