Is is possible

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DeathAid

Hmm what's that red dot doing here?
Nov 18, 2000
Ok I've being asked if the UT engine would support being able to cut out holes while inside the game. This does include coding a new game type or what have you, I just need to know if it is possible...if so then I think I know what I'm going to be told to do by my boss next :/

DeathAid

Nov 18, 2000
clarification

meaning dynamically changing the level. Example: Cut a door out of a room without the mapper marking the area. The user can cut out any shape he/she desires

DeathAid

Nov 18, 2000
Ok

Ok as the engine stands it can not. Then does anyone know if enough of the engine is viewable to be able to extend the engine to do such a thing?

DeathAid

Nov 18, 2000
Thought of that but...

It would work, but not in the way that I'd need to apply it. I've been creating a virtual walk through of a project here and the scientist and engineers have been making various inquries about possible extentions. So this would have the be dynamtic enough for me not to create the map with thousands of movers with triggers to remove them.

keek

mapper
Nov 7, 2000
The Netherlands
www.phys.uu.nl
there is a game engine out there that can dynamicaly change geometry. Don't remember it's name.
I read an interview with Sweeney after that engine came out and he said that the unreal engine could also do such tricks. He refered to Unrealed where you can dynamicaly add and substract brushes from the geometry that immediately shows in the perspective window.
I don't think there is a way to do this in a mod using UT, but the technology is there.

DeathAid

Nov 18, 2000
Thanks Keek. I'll try to find out if I can manage to do that. Atleast that part of my job is in the future

OpFor

Feeling suicide, thats O.K.
Apr 26, 2001
Visit site
*sigh* Red Faction is yet ANOTHER game that will require a 2000$ + machine :(

If only people would use the system from red faction [ I think it was called neo-mod or something like that] and the tach-on system [correct?] from SoF 2, And the large environments seen in LW.