texture colors

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Papapishu

我是康
Jun 18, 2001
void
www.vovoid.com
anyone knows how to set the colors of a texture.
For example, I have a mutator with alot of texturesi n it, and it's supposed to be in many different colors of the same picture, but as it is now, the mutator takes up 3.5 mb because of the textures, and there's only five colors.
It would be great if I could change the colours by an rgb scale, so that I only had to use a gray sprite and color it...
I've examined the sprite class, but couldnt find anything usefull, are there any other way?

TaoPaiPai

Commisaire Van Loc
Jun 13, 2000
Matnik
Visit site
For a monochrome picture you could use a grey texture with 'special lighting' on the surfaces for different colours (if you don't know what 'special-lit' is search for it in a tut)

Or maybe different layers of translucent/masked sheets for composite textures.

CousCous

Hysteric
Mar 20, 2001
Chicago
Visit site
You have to export the texture to some other program, like PaintShopPro or something, and change it to a grayscale image. Then import it to UT...use it to texture whatever...under surface properties of the texture click 'special lit'. Then use whatever colored lights you want, but under the properties for the light, make sure that special lit is set to 'true'. This way, only that particular surface will be affected by the light. Voila.

Papapishu

我是康
Jun 18, 2001
void
www.vovoid.com
Moding=making modifications and mutators

This is a mutator, not a map...
It's possible to spawn textures in a mutator, like the asmd-secondary which is an animated texture flying through the air...
And the explosions from the rocketlauncher and ripper are just textures as well.
I wanted to _code_ the texture to use a special color

Sorry if I was vague.

FireSlash

Whats a FireSlash?
Feb 3, 2001
Central Ohio
www.unrealannihilation.com
im not directly sure., but i know its possible, Our mod has it so partially-built buildings are a transparent green color, and one of our projectiles utilises this idea also. good luck, ill ry and see if i can figure it out