Alien's trivia!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DeeperShade

Banned
Dec 8, 2000
www.tar-valon.com
Ok. Lets see you get these ones ;)

1.) Which war was aliens based on?
2.) In Alien, which founding member of the production crew, was usurped from his position as Director and then again as Head of Special Effects?
3.) What is the full name and rank of Ripley?
4.) What is the full specification name for the Smart gun?
5.) List the people who died in the APS assualt.
6.) What type of explosives did the colonists use in their 'last stand'?
7.) Exactly, how many people died in the entire film (Aliens)
8.) What is the other name for LV-426?
9.) What is the full specification name for the flares ripley used to mark her way?
10.) On Aliens, which big name Special Effects company was concidered for the film?
11.) What were Cameron's reasons for not choosing that company?

Enjoy ;)

Holy shit Deep, here goes nothing :D

1. Dunno
2. Nick Allder? There is a bunch of people for visual f/x in the credits, so I picked the top one.
3. Lt. 1st Class Ellen Ripley
4. Smart Gun: The M56 Smartgun is a 10mm automatic squad support weapon. It has a cyclicrate of about 1200rpm, and is constructed mainly from molded carbon-fiber and light alloy stampings. The gun systemis mounted onto an operator's harness and slaved to IR tracking system. The M56 is self-aiming, but firing must be controlled by the operator. All firing is either controlled by the forward hand grip or the rear firing handle. A selector at the grip controls the gun's saftey features and rate of fire. The M56 has three fire settings: safe, 4-round burst, or full automatic. Ammunition is stored on a roll of continuous plastic non-disintegrating link belt in the ammunition drum.

5. That impregnated chick, Weserbozki(sp?) Frost, Crow, Apone, Drake(Major suckage, I liked that dude)
6. Seismic survey charges
7. 158 civies+12 main characters=170 total dead.
8. Hadley's Hope
9. Arg....M9?
10. Dunno
11. Dunno

DeeperShade

Banned
Dec 8, 2000
www.tar-valon.com
Originally posted by beerbaron
Holy shit Deep, here goes nothing :D

1. Dunno
2. Nick Allder? There is a bunch of people for visual f/x in the credits, so I picked the top one.
3. Lt. 1st Class Ellen Ripley
4. Smart Gun: The M56 Smartgun is a 10mm automatic squad support weapon. It has a cyclicrate of about 1200rpm, and is constructed mainly from molded carbon-fiber and light alloy stampings. The gun systemis mounted onto an operator's harness and slaved to IR tracking system. The M56 is self-aiming, but firing must be controlled by the operator. All firing is either controlled by the forward hand grip or the rear firing handle. A selector at the grip controls the gun's saftey features and rate of fire. The M56 has three fire settings: safe, 4-round burst, or full automatic. Ammunition is stored on a roll of continuous plastic non-disintegrating link belt in the ammunition drum.

5. That impregnated chick, Weserbozki(sp?) Frost, Crow, Apone, Drake(Major suckage, I liked that dude)
6. Seismic survey charges
7. 158 civies+12 main characters=170 total dead.
8. Hadley's Hope
9. Arg....M9?
10. Dunno
11. Dunno

Answers:
1.) Vietnam
2.) Dan O'Bannon
3.) Flight Lt. 1st class Ellen Ripley
4.) M62 Smart Gun (I know that you leeched that off a site, Ive been there myself ;) You should be working from knowledge :D)
5.) Close, but not quite. Most of the victims in this scene didnt die, but were taken for impregnation, which leaves:

Impregnated women,
Frost,
Drake.

6.) Seismic survey charges
7.) Correct, but try not to use the Aliens Online Encyclopedia again ;)
8.) Hadley's hope is the name of the colony. The name of the planet was Archeron.
9.) M49 Emergency flares
10.) Industrial Light and Magic
11.) He decided not to go with them, because big firms like IL&M want to do things THEIR way, and rarely the way the director wants.

In answer to you question.

UD-4L DropShip
103.6 cubic meter payload bay (9.5m x 4.5m x 2.4m)
Engine: TF-900 Turbines / TF-220/A-14 ramrockets
Top speed: Mach 12

My question:

Whats the name of Ellen Ripley's Daughter? :D

Deeper: Ya, that scene was in the directors cut, why it was cut I dont know, I think it added to the story... oh well.

Surebrec: If you can find a copy, pick up the Colonial Marines Tech Manual, and consider yourself lucky if you DO get a copy, I had mine on backorder with Amazon for 6 months till I canceled it :hmm:

Deeper: Good site, isnt it ;)

Next question: In how many scenes can you see spent brass ejecting from the pulse rifle, even though Gorman said it fired 10mm explosive tipped caseless ammunition. (I LOVE that error, btw :) )

DeeperShade

Banned
Dec 8, 2000
www.tar-valon.com
Originally posted by beerbaron
Actually, there was another in the air vent with Vasquez, the casings could perfectly be seen in that bit, I couldnt help but laugh :)

Damn :)

I was mentally working through the film in my head. At 3am its easy to miss a scene or two I guess :D ;)