VERY strange problem

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Ballistophobia

Hedonistic Forum Panacea
Jul 15, 2000
Middlesex, NJ USA
goatse.cx
I just got done playing a game of T2 and I took a few screenies so I directly went to see how they came out after I quit. To my surprise there was no preview in explorer when I clicked on one, then when I opened it I saw a red X. I was like wtf? Then I started checking all my screenies, old and new. All were red Xs. Any .png file is now unpreviewable and becomes a red X if I double-click it. If I open it in a image program I can finally see it. Does anyone know wtf is going on with my rig? I just ran Norton (not Edward ;) ) and there were no viruses btw.

:(

Zundfolge

Dec 13, 1999
USA
Have you installed something reciently that has reassociated .png images? Any new image editors?

AtomicAxis

PHD in keeping it REAL!!
Mar 13, 2001
I am guessing taht you are using a windows product of some description.

Go to the file associations (usually view --> options or similar) and see what is associated to open them in file types.

I think that is simplest way to see if anything has changed.

Ballistophobia

Hedonistic Forum Panacea
Jul 15, 2000
Middlesex, NJ USA
goatse.cx
Oh thanx Zund, I left that out. This is what makes this so wierd, the last thing I've installed in a week was the software for my mp3 player, which was today. I don't see how that could have possibly done it. I haven't installed any drivers recently either.

:(

Ballistophobia

Hedonistic Forum Panacea
Jul 15, 2000
Middlesex, NJ USA
goatse.cx
Ima reboot-aholic (atleast 5 times a day). That's what I did right after the virus scan.

Heh, yes Zund. I said in my initial post ALL my .pngs (which I have several hundred of) are now unpreviewable and cause a red X to be displayed when double-clicked. However, when opened in Adobe they display fine.

:confused:

Zundfolge

Dec 13, 1999
USA
weird.

I imagine it has to have something to do with the MP3 player, so you need to uninstall it and ship it to me, since it's not going to work for you :D

AtomicAxis

PHD in keeping it REAL!!
Mar 13, 2001
change the association to Adobe and see if that fixes the red X problem. :)

Did it happen only after you installed the mp3 player stuff or b4?

I think that you should boot up with boot disk and format c:/u this fixes all the problems that I ever have :D