Visual BASIC

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Skumboy

Jun 3, 2000
Visit site
Does anyone know where I can download a copy of Visual Basic 6 from?
Or do you have to go out and buy it?

------------------
"The're out ta get me, they won't catch me I'm f*cking innocent"--Out Ta get me, Guns n Roses

Taskmaster

Godlike - I like God
Nov 29, 1999
www.geocities.com
Go out and buy it. If you expect to write programs and then maybe have people send you money for your work, then least you can do is pay those that create VB money for theirs! Honest is always the best policy. Sorry, but that is just the way it is...

Trust me, you will be paying for it now, or later, just in different ways! /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

bullet2.gif

I declare myself to be the self-annointed voice of reason for PuF! Opinions expressed by Taskmaster are not necessarily those of Planet Unreal! :)

ZenMasterV

Feb 2, 2000
Visit site
I have extra copies of Borland C++, MS Visual C++, Visual Basic, a couple of SQL books from when I took a summer course.. I might people put them up for sale... :\

oh and some UNIX technical manuals (including the award-winning UNIX-in-a-nutshell)

tykeal

Dec 28, 1999
Tacoma, Wa, USA
www.bardicgrove.org
Hehe... the Borland C++ compiler is now free for download :p Version 5.5 was released to the public (no not public domain or open source... just the public) last week... or was it early this week?

There's a compiler for you /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

As for the purchasing VB. If your a student you can go to your bookstore and make a request for the "student" version. The only hitch to that is that you can't make a profit off of anything you create with the "student" version. It's part of the EULA. The upside is that it's cheaper than a "Professional" copy.

bullet2.gif

I belch in your general direction.

Skumboy

Jun 3, 2000
Visit site
Sorry about the confusion guys its just that I was told by a freind that it was free software thats the only reason I asked.
So you are telling me that C++ is free now. Where can I download that from?

bullet2.gif

"The're out ta get me, they won't catch me I'm f*cking innocent"--Out Ta get me, Guns n Roses

tykeal

Dec 28, 1999
Tacoma, Wa, USA
www.bardicgrove.org
Go out to http://www.borland.com you should be able to find it from there.

The other option for a free C++ compiler is to get either djgpp (which is an old DOS compiler) or you can get the gcc compiler that has been ported from Linux to Windows called Cygwin. I don't remember where to get djgpp, but you can Cygwin from http://www.cygnus.com which since Cygnus was bought by RedHat actually redirects you to the RedHat website... just do a search for Cygwin

bullet2.gif

tykeal

Dec 28, 1999
Tacoma, Wa, USA
www.bardicgrove.org
Bah who needs UNIX? Linux is far better in my opinion... besides it fits my price scale much better than any other *nix. Well, ok, I could get SCO, but you still have to purchase the media even if the license is free for home use. But who wants to use an OS you can't fix if you find a problem?

bullet2.gif

CHRYSt

You can't help that. We're all mad here.
Jan 14, 2000
www.crawlspaceradio.com
Forget Unix, Win 2000 is out!!! /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

Believe it or not, I know people ho actually believe that HAHAHAHAHAAAA!!

bullet2.gif

"Where's the BACTINE?! Some of this blood is MINE!!" -- JTHM

tykeal

Dec 28, 1999
Tacoma, Wa, USA
www.bardicgrove.org
I still prefer Linux but if I have to run an MS OS, I would much prefer W2K. It hasn't crashed on my yet in the 6 months that I've been using it (that's RC3 and RTM). Believe me I've tried. I can generally get any MS OS to BSOD on my if I give it a good try, but I haven't been able to with W2K.

So if nothing else, they've pulled their heads out enough to realize what crap they've been distributing for years.

bullet2.gif

Skumboy

Jun 3, 2000
Visit site
Ive given up trying to download C++
cos the borland site is F*cking unreliable

bullet2.gif