Map compatibilities between client and server.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

St0rmcaller

[AFA]'s unoffical godfather
Apr 4, 2001
United States of America
We (the AFA) were trying to run a clan practice tonight when we ran into a horde of mismatch problems.

The server couldn't run the Shooting Range (ElevatorTrigger something)
ExtremePrejudice and other maps (realworld.u)
and other various version mismatch problems.

I ran a search for posts concerning this and what I've found was a bunch of questions and a bunch of different answers. And I (and most likely others) would like to now, what are the files that we all are supposed to be using, and where can they be found?

I did find out something though. Apparently, even after you do the correct installation sequence, you still wind up with the old shooting range (circa V2.80). It seems some people have the old, and the rest have the new. What's up with this?

yurch

Swinging the clue-by-four
May 21, 2001
USA, Maryland.
Visit site
I dunno, i cannot run the shooting range, and i cannot join any EP games online. I seem to have the incorrect versions.
I think one of the patches 2.85.3(??) updates some maps.
The problem might be that people(SERVERS!!!) are installing the mappacks AFTER they have been updated, thus messing up the update in the first place..
What is the AFA stand for/based on?

LCJr.

Apr 14, 2001
Visit site
I thought part of the problem was people installing 2.85.5 without installing 2.85.3 first.

The only map I know of that gets replaced is SicilyNight in 2.85.3 but won't claim to be 100% certain its the only one.

St0rmcaller

Apr 4, 2001
United States of America
AFA stuff

AFA post

The shooting range is an outstanding tool to use for clan practice, and EP is the most kick butt map available (provided all players are using teamwork otherwise, you gotta deal with a 3 hour rambo session) And someone (I think it was Hub) had a mismatch with Chasm, but no other.

St0rmcaller

Apr 4, 2001
United States of America
Nope, it doesn't. :) Again, I think it's because in a patch, back in the day, they updated a couple of maps in the patch (not a map pack). Hell, has anyone here installed INF fresh lately and have this problem?

yurch

Swinging the clue-by-four
May 21, 2001
USA, Maryland.
Visit site
Its strange. I belive i installed inf in the same order on both my comps. One has this problem, the other doesn't.
I think it may be something more sinister.
I do know that the one with no problems did not have the old version of inf (the offline only one, was it 2.8?)
Perhaps 2.8 doesn't uninstall right?
BTW storm, check your PMs ;)