Why?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Starstreams

Mar 12, 2001
USA
mgiese1.home.comcast.net
Quote: running has been decreased dramatically for new 2.86 patch. hmmm?

Ok, first of all whey would you want to slow the INF players running down? If you look closely, the INF guys don’t run any faster in the game then a “REAL” military solder is capable of. That’s not a cool move. This mod is all about being real right?

Other thing is, I though the INF team was going to raise the stigma level. Do you really think a military solder would run out of breath in 1 min of running. It needs to be raised….raised…raised!

Reality check!

-Mike-

perrin98

Aug 17, 2000
Originally posted by Starstreams
Ok, first of all whey would you want to slow the INF players running down? If you look closely, the INF guys don’t run any faster in the game then a “REAL” military solder is capable of. That’s not a cool move. This mod is all about being real right?

It has been established, by some un-known (to me) resident of this forum through the use of the measured distances in the shooting range and a stopwatch that the INF soldier runs faster than say, Donovan Baily. It also (IIRC) has been said that eventually, we will have 3 movement modes, walk, jog, and sprint. Then you'll have your distance running covered as well as your speed.

LordPerrin

LCJr.

Apr 14, 2001
Visit site
"Other thing is, I though the INF team was going to raise the stigma level"

Stigma-1.A mark made with a burning iron; a brand.
2. Any mark of infamy or disgrace; stain or reproach caused by dishonorable conduct.
3. A red speck on the skin, caused either by the extravasation of blood produced by nervous influence, as in hysteria or mental exstacy, or by capillary congestion, as in the case of drunkards.
4. A mark or sign of defect, taint, etc..
5. That part of the pistil which receives the pollin grains and on which they germinate.
6. A small spot, mark, scar, or a minute hole.
7. Marks believed to have been supernaturally impressed on the bodies of certain persons in imitation of the wounds of Christ.

Somebody should just shoot me:)

Anyway I wouldn't rush to any judgement without trying it first. Just because a feature is added doesn't mean it is set in stone or will even be in the next release.

yurch

Swinging the clue-by-four
May 21, 2001
USA, Maryland.
Visit site
ok. lets look at this.

Lets start with the latest and greatest news on 2.86. We've added a lot of minor elements to improve gameplay in general. Though these features are small individually, they really increase the overall experience. They can also take time to tweak, unfortunately. Here's a run down of what we've done: We've added elements of inertia that will, when finished, prevent players and bots alike from instantly pivoting and stopping on a dime. We've altered the bot behavior a bit more so they now walk and run properly, which definitely adds a ton for those of us who enjoy an offline match or two. Accuracy while running has been decreased dramatically, which will also help slow the pace of gameplay down during those intense battles.

Where in here do you see the inf team saying they will slow running down?!?!
I see the pace of gameplay...i.e. firefights taking realistically longer, and approached more cautiously
But that is something competely different!

Starstreams

Mar 12, 2001
USA
mgiese1.home.comcast.net
My mistake on the first Q, I read right over the word “Accuracy” My apologies.

However for the second question, it just seems like the players run out of breath too quick. Is that going to be increased?

I have no problems with the way it is now, but I know that a solder can last longer. As far as timing the running distance, the scale of the model has a lot to do with the perception, I would think. I go by what I see through my eyes, and the running mode as it is now, doses not look like a sprint, but more a jog. Military solders can jog miles before having to stop. Once again, it’s not a complaint. "That’s just how it looks through my eyes." That’s cool that they are adding three moving modes, that is a great idea!

Anyway, I know it’s only going to get better; they’ve done a superb job thus far!

-Mike-

})FA|Snake

Aug 5, 2000
Visit site
i think it takes too long to run out of breath and WAY to long to regain it, climbing boxes in murder. or and i got an idea for climbing

Why not make it so when a button is held you move real slow and the height for how low a surface has to be to be "steps" is made alot higher

NotBillMurray

It's Suntory Time!
Mar 11, 2001
Not to open a running thread again, but the perception in First person is also skewed a little bit. The shooting range approach was done correctly, using height of the player models to determine the scale and finding suitable landmarks to test 100m+ running times. Out players really do complete in the olympics with full gear and weapons. If they really are sprinting, which their speed indicates, then they lose their breath accurately. Maybe the introduction of a job that sits between walk and run will have reduced stamina requirements so we would have the mile long jogs the soldiers are trained for.

Oh, and the climbing option was discussed in this thread

ANUBIS199

Jun 3, 2001
Visit site
Hey Starstreams do you really think soldiers run around in real life as fast as they can when they are in unknown territory, or even there own territory?

ANUBIS

yurch

Swinging the clue-by-four
May 21, 2001
USA, Maryland.
Visit site
they do if they are running for cover.
Try a lighter loadout; ones with 3+ guns usually run out of stanima fast. The inf team is constantly tweaking the stanima, and uses it as a punishment for those who insist on running and jumping like bunnies with half the inf armory on thier back.
Ever shot at a guy jumping(in inf, you psyco..)? It's incredibly annoying.

Starstreams

Mar 12, 2001
USA
mgiese1.home.comcast.net
Yurch, you have a point, I forgot about the weapon bulk. I don’t carry much, but one of the things I carry is the Robor and that thing is heavy.

Jumping..lol :D That reminds me of the UT days. Good thing thats been fixed.