Several Suggestions for Infiltration

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Domino

< Phoenix Rising >
Oct 25, 1999
Houston
I have several ideas that would make infiltration better:

1. Animations for manipulating objects, such as opening doors, flipping switches, etc. etc.

2. If anyone hasn't noticed, hiding in the dark is kind of pointless because your playermodel seems to give off a strange glow even in pitch black areas, making you visible.

There needs to be a system where you can become literally invisible when in pitch black areas, and your visiblilty would be proportionate to the amout of light in a given area.

3. Animated eyes and mouths - Basically just a little feature that would add to the realism to INF. It probably won't happen until Unreal 2.

yurch

Swinging the clue-by-four
May 21, 2001
USA, Maryland.
Visit site
The lighting factor is often based on the map.
The ground could be completly dark, but the lighting may not reflect it.
I think the other two are too hard/impossible to do.

poaw

You used to sleep easy at night.
Mar 25, 2001
Camp Pendleton, California
1. I think that's on the long list of things already planned but not implemented yet.

2. I think the glow only happens when you stand next a dead body and look at it. That's to help with the carrying dead body function.

3. It seems kinda pointless to me but it doesn't seem that hard to do. They have soldier that blink their eyes in FLF.

The_Fur

Back in black
Nov 2, 2000
www.rlgaming.com
No he is right, it is something only with UT and has been mentioned before (and it used to be a LOT worse, remember the glow in the dark desert uniform?).

The 1st was canceled I believe because it is not really possible in the UT engine.