Map problems... Help!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Meltdown_0x83

Jun 27, 2001
Visit site
I've got UT Game of the Year Edition.
When started, you can only open one map. After that, if you want to
start another level, or even restart the one you're in, it sez it can't
find the map. It behaves like the maps have been deleted! But they're
still there! The unrealtournament.log file sez something like
"ScriptLog:[mapname] unknown.
What can I do? Right now I've got to restart UT everytime!
Please help!
PS I noticed 5 minutes ago that the maps CTF-orbital and CTF-HallOfGiants are perfectly well loaded, and they are the only one that are not copied in the HD. What's that strange extension in the "maps" folder of the CD? .uz, or something like that...

Kokensu

Fire in Ma Belly!
Jan 4, 2000
Shut yo mouth!
Visit site
the map extensions are .unr .
PS I noticed 5 minutes ago that the maps CTF-orbital and CTF-HallOfGiants are perfectly well loaded, and they are the only one that are not copied in the HD.

It sounds like your map path may be incorrect...maybe it's using the CD to get your maps? Try recopying the map directory from your CD to your hard drive under the unrealtournament directory.

The easiest fix would probably just be a reinstall so that UT will re-establish the correct paths. But if you don't want to do that you should be able to find the paths in the .ini files in the unrealtournament/system directory. ;)

8-4-7-2

Mar 6, 2000
Germany
Kokensu:
I know you wrote this while I posted, but as it is actually a Windows problem, an UT reinstall won't fix it.

Trust me on that, I figured it out myself as I had this a few times before I discovered that thread :)

Kokensu

Fire in Ma Belly!
Jan 4, 2000
Shut yo mouth!
Visit site
Originally posted by 8-4-7-2
as it is actually a Windows problem, an UT reinstall won't fix it.

So what's the problem? I don't know for sure cause I've never had this issue before. But it sounds to me like UT is having trouble find the path to his map directory.

8-4-7-2

Mar 6, 2000
Germany
I'm not really sure on that and it's been a while since I read this thread in detail.
I guess UT copies the maps into a temporary folder of Windows. The winsock32.dll is mucked up, and UT can't find the temp path. Maybe something like that.
But I have no idea what's the real cause to be honest