Which one should I buy?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Which game to buy?

• Deus Ex

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Undying

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wait for U2, f00l! It's only a year!

Votes: 10 52.6%

• Total voters

Kokensu

Fire in Ma Belly!
Jan 4, 2000
Shut yo mouth!
Visit site
It depends on what you like. Are you just going for another FPS game? I's suggest Undying(haven't played it myself yet, but I hear it rocks) or Deus Ex(excellent game, same engine as UT), or maybe System Shock2(another awesome game, slightly older engine so the graphics aren't quite as nice but the game play rocks and is similar to Deus Ex).

There are plenty of other single player games out there. Baldurs Gate2 or Planescape:Torment if you like RPG's are great. Or try Giants: Citizen Kabuto if you want a pretty funny, 3rd person shooter/real time strategy game. ;)

If you just wanna blow **** up try Serious Sam. ;)

L_S

Nov 24, 1999
Deus Ex for gods sake!!!! Quite possibly the greatest fps single player game ever imo! You cant miss this game!

T

Terminal {DTH}

Deus Ex was designed FROM SS2 there. COOL fps/rpg cross breed(s)!!! :D

as for wich to choose, grab the demo of the games in question and decide for yourself is MY recomendaton. ;)

afkik

Dec 23, 2000
Munich
Visit site
i thought deus ex had great graphics, cool guns, cool effect, nice sound, good plot, but it was easy, even on the hardest skill level

T

Terminal {DTH}

that's true, i hardly Ever had to use augs or armor. try killing all the birds & rats on EVERY level. rats always come 5 from a hole.... most birds is at the sub lab. i counted 37 seagull corpses. :D

T

Terminal {DTH}

well my kid even at 4 takes care of himself pretty well, sooo yeah... guess you could say that. :hmm:

Techno JF

He Who Has Powerful Words
Thanks, guys. I chose these three because I am more familiar with the Unreal Engine than with any other game engine (and all of these three games use it).

Also, I've played the Undying demo (after a frustrating download time of 5 hours and 15 minutes), and I was a little impressed. The turnoffs were the sluggishness in the interface and the fact that I had to edit the .ini to configure all the controls.

I'm hesitant to DL the Deus Ex demo because my computer says it will take over 8 hours. (I miss my T1 connection at college!) Is the Unreal 2 demo out yet?

BTW, single player is my preferred game type, and I almost decided to put Rune in this list, but its theme turned me off a little.

Oh, take your time with responses. I usually frequent only the Unreal 1 forum and the Editing forum. BTW, I'm going to vote for U2 just so I can see how everyone else voted.

T

Terminal {DTH}

well then it sounds like Deus Ex is the game for ya. ;-)
even tho there IS mp support it is late, rushed, poorly planned and in general sucks a hot carl. +| sp ROCKS tho. :D

Zenda

Turbo Adept+10%
Jan 31, 2001
London
Visit site
Go for DEx first.
Undying will be going budget soon, I imagine.
Those should keep you going til U2

System Shock is, indeed worthwhile.

Techno JF

He Who Has Powerful Words
Yeah, I like a game that stands on the line between action and RPG. That's why Unreal's Single Player game and the Might and Magic series of games by 3do (MM6 and later) caught my eye.

Besides, I have a cousin that owns BG2, so I can borrow it from him if it interests me at any time.

AriTheDog

frog steering expert
May 6, 2001
USA
Visit site
DE of course

fallout 1 & 2

septerra core reminded me of chrono trigger a lot, which i thought was cool. only played the demo, but it's only 10 bucks, i'll prolly get it soon.

i wanna play arcanum.