Spawning Areas

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Khral

Jun 27, 2001
Well... I don't know if this should be considered a version suggestion, since it is mostly map related, but I found that the spawning areas in most of the current INF maps are kinda... awkward. When playing a DM game (FFA) against bots, they would sometimes spawn right next to you and you'd be dead in less than a second.

I've also tried to find a way to change the default weapon that shows up when you first enter a game (or respawn). Anyone know if there is a way to change it? For example when I make a loadout with the M16, FiveseveN, and Ka-bar the first weapon that shows up when I start a game is the M16. But when I make a loadout with the Robar, FiveseveN, and Ka-bar the first weapon that shows up is the Ka-bar. Why is that? Is there any way to select the weapon that you want to appear first when you start a game?

Ahhh, that's all I got for now. :)

Mad_Dog

Voice Of Reason
Mar 27, 2001
Soviet Canuckistan
www.planetunreal.com
do you mean a deathmatch on a teamdeathmatch map? your team will spawn next to you and shoot you... to avoid that grab captain pathetico's mutator to randomize the spawnpoints here:

actaully, **** his site is down:(... he is a mysterious and taciturn fellow. anyone have this mutator? i may, i'm not sure... post your email and if i can find it i'll send it to you.

Originally posted by Khral
...But when I make a loadout with the Robar, FiveseveN, and Ka-bar the first weapon that shows up is the Ka-bar. Why is that? Is there any way to select the weapon that you want to appear first when you start a game?

No there is no way to select which weapon you start with. However, in future versions K-Bars will be optional equipment only.

Khral

Jun 27, 2001
Originally posted by Mad_Dog
do you mean a deathmatch on a teamdeathmatch map? your team will spawn next to you and shoot you... to avoid that grab captain pathetico's mutator to randomize the spawnpoints here:

actaully, **** his site is down:(... he is a mysterious and taciturn fellow. anyone have this mutator? i may, i'm not sure... post your email and if i can find it i'll send it to you.

I'm guessing that a lot of the current INF maps (from 2.85 map pack) are only intended for 2-team play. I set the game type to normal DM (not teams) and the bots only appear to spawn from two areas. These areas appear to be designated for teams only, since the bots spawn in clusters within the two areas. Right? If so, I mean... will there be any INF maps in the future that have spawn points specifically designed for normal DM play?

Khral

Jun 27, 2001
Originally posted by LCJr.
Pathetico's DMconverter mute. Unzip into UT/system.

Okay, gotcha. Thanks. :)

I'm just worried that this might respawn a bot in a tiny window or somewhere where they might get stuck. Is this at all possible?

yurch

Swinging the clue-by-four
May 21, 2001
USA, Maryland.
Visit site
I think there IS a way to set which weapon you start with. It has something to do with weapon autoselect. I think you will have to change it in the INI files...