RealToon For the Inf Faithful...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

perrin98

Aug 17, 2000
BP, you r0xx0r this communites b0xx0rz. Even stepped back, you take your love of INF to a whole new level. I think it suffices to say that You Are "The Man"(C) I never had a chance to get my $0.02 in for the original threads about you, so here it is.

/me tips hat while raising a glass for a toast. :cool:

/me fumbles horribly :rolleyes:

/me hopes people know its the thought that counts :D

(edit: BTW, i LOVE the new realtoons :D)

Lord Perrin

jaymian

Sweet Merciful Crap!
Jan 25, 2001
Extralife...?

Goddamn Buddy Pickle.
Is there an end to your comic talent?

Chronic

unƒuckwithable
Aug 13, 2000
I've been thinking.

I'm really getting tired about all of this praise for BP <i>no matter what he does</i>(no, this is not a flame, keep reading). BP, your realtoons are great, the dead people one, the better bot, damn I was actualy rolling on the floor laughing. But some of them I don't find as funny as others.

This weeks was a chuckle, but nothing that really got me laughing. What I'm seeing is people going "LOL" and "wow, that's funny" to everything.

BP is a very funny cartoonist, but like all cartoonists, he's not funny 100% of the time. This goes for everybody, myself included.

BP has gotten the respect of every one on this board. I respect him right up there with Beppo and Warren. But what I'm wondering is, do you, Buddy Pickle, sometimes find that people accept everything you do, whether or not it's funny, smart, or moraly correct, just to gain your respect?

I'm in no way putting you down man, I'm serious. I would bet $20 that BP could put up the most pointless realtoons ever, without any punchline or comical jest, and still have some people go "LMAO! That was great!"

Anyway, I'm done ranting. Personally BP, I hope I'm never in your shoes, where you have to truely evaluate what people say to find out if they mean it. I'm sure most do, but sometimes I wonder...

:rolleyes:

Chronic

unƒuckwithable
Aug 13, 2000
I see that, different people laugh at different things, but I'm asking BP if he's ever wondered about this. I'd really like to know

Yaweh_

Mar 19, 2001
I especially like the one with the gib.

"Private Wilson, what the hell is that?"

I could just here that guy's voice, I think I know what he sounds like. I haven't seen a RealToon I didn't like yet. Extra Life looks awesome too.

Keep up the good work, BP. I too hope there is no end to your comic talent :).

Whoever said it might be on to something- open up to the Comics section every Sunday, there's BP. That would kick. I think even normal people would find this stuff funny (meaning, of course, those poor souls who have never played INF).

Keiichi

Old Timer
Mar 13, 2000
My favorite is still the very first RealToon. Maybe it's just nostalgia talking, but it encapsulated everything about the agonizing wait for version 2.85 and condensed it down into one easy-to-read comic. It still cracks me up every time I read it.

-Keiichi

Buddy_Pickle

Fffeeerrrtt!!!
Jan 30, 2000
West Jordan Utah
www.myextralife.com
Its a good question. There are people in this world that find Garfield funny. There are people that think it sucks. There are people that understand what the hell Mary Worth is doing in the paper...(at least I assume there are people out there somewhere that do. :))

Personally, I don't expect every RealToon to be a big hit, neither do I post them in the forum to get praise...I post them to get exposure, and to keep the community the strip is based on up to date. Lets look at Gary Larson for a second. I remember some FarSide strips that had me rolling and laughing out loud. Were they all that good? Hell no...in fact some were downright disapointing.

If the only reason I pumped out these strips was to make sure EVERY one was as funny or funnier as the last, I would go nutts...as would be true if I just HAD to make sure everyone thought they were all perfect. That is too high a standard for anyone to set for themselves.

Instead, my standard is this: A quality strip, that is consistant, and never crap. And if an occasional strip jumps out as drop dead funny, well then the effort is worth it. I just refuse to put to much pressure on myself. If they are good, then they are good. Even if they are not perfect everytime. Its like this: Cindy Crawford "overall" remains really hot, and "generally" good looking. But she gets the runs from time to time just like the rest of us, or has bad breath occasionaly. We have to take Cindy as a whole, much like my comics. (forgive the goofy analogy.)

:)

Alright, one more. Dont forget that Tom Hanks was in Turner and Hootch. (hmmm..not much better.)

-Eliminator-

There's no 'I' in Infiltration
May 15, 2000
United Kingdom
clans.morat.net
hi all :)

I havent been around the boards for donkeys years, mostly due to exams and other commitments. I looked yesterday at the INF Radio site and noticed the last post was around 3 weeks ago, and the next show is up for June 17th. I used to love the show on the Saturday, worth waking up for :)

Just wondering if it has stopped or not, BP seems to be concentrating on his art atm, which is fantastic btw.

Its just that it was such a succesful and enjoyable show :(

OICW

Reason & Logic > Religion
Pickle has had to cut back on InfRadio due to that dreaded disease called: Real-Life :(

He may host InfRadio occasionally, but it won't be regularly. He'll no longer be a member of the team offically he's said, but just a Inf fan.

BP will still do RealToons & Extra Life but now they rotate around his life, not vice-versa. His family is the most important thing and he's cutting back to spend time with them, which he should of course as they take priority.

Pickle, if I've missed anything just fill it in.