can't connect online

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Ocelot

*mEoW*
Mar 18, 2001
Valencia, CA, USA
I FINALLY got UT and Inf running nicely under Win2k, but when i try to join games, I get a Connection failed Package 'UMenu' Version mismatch.
WTF does that mean? Yes, they are 2.85.5 servers and yes I have 2.85.5.

LCJr.

Apr 14, 2001
Visit site
Did you apply both the 2.85.3 and then the 2.85.5 patch?

Oh yeah just to be safe I assume you have UT patched to 436?

LCJr.

Apr 14, 2001
Visit site
Well I checked through the forum and didn't find where anyone came up with any answers to the problem.

Just because I've got the day off and some more time to kill I'm going to attach my umenu.u from INF_System. Don't know if it will work or not as I'm running Win98.

Ocelot

*mEoW*
Mar 18, 2001
Valencia, CA, USA
Hey, thanks a lot man. I believe it is a GameSpy issue. When I join right from INF, everything's fine. It's the same thing with StrikeForce, only it claims I don't have the map. But when I join thru StrikeForce itself, it's cool.
It's weird, under WinME GS was ok with UT and it's mods. I guess I'll just join thru the actual mods' browsers. I hear other people do that.
thanks again LCJr. You have been a great help. I appreciate it. :)

Ocelot

*mEoW*
Mar 18, 2001
Valencia, CA, USA
yeah, I think everyone just runs whatever UT mod, and joins from the browser. Or maybe pingtool works better, I dunno. Never tried that proggie.
good luck.