PDA

View Full Version : Botpathing question

CousCous
27th Jun 2001, 02:02 AM
I have a playerstart right next to a weapon on a ledge about 256 units high and I want the bot to jump down off the ledge when spawned. I can't seem to get this to work... I could just have the bots start off on the ground, but I would prefer not to.

I tried some lift exits, centers, blah, blah...but I could be doing that wrong.

Any suggestions?

CousCous
27th Jun 2001, 04:50 AM
Nevermind....I figured it out. You see, the problem was that I forgot that I was a complete moron. But once I remembered that....smooth sailing.

Please resume your lives.

CousCous
27th Jun 2001, 01:00 PM
You want a second opinion after you've already received advice from the mighty Toth? Are you insane? Do you doubt? When you were a child, did you punch your own mother in the face when she told you to brush your teeth? If God parted the heavens and instructed you to have faith in the goodness of man, would you go pee on a church? I think not.

But if you insist, I suggest that you "scientifically" beat your computer with a hammer until it behaves. That is the best I can do right now. My bots are still getting trapped in a narrow hallway where I've placed a weapon. There will be like four of 'em running around, bumping into eachother like the goddam Keystone Cops or something. But if I stumble upon any botpathing revelations, (i.e. bots motivation is inherently Freudian, think big guns and flag envy) I will let you know.
;)

CousCous
27th Jun 2001, 03:58 PM
Did you say "Jenna Bush's phallus? How dare you reveal a state secret! It's no wonder that androgenous man-woman has to drink rubbing alcohol to ease her paranoia. With loudmouth hooligans like you running around, she can barely tolerate the freakish, hermaphroditic life that she deserves to live peacefully. I'm still in shock that you have the gall to..........oh you said phalanx. .

My bad.

Forget everything you've read here. Show's over. Move along now people.

ZodiaK
28th Jun 2001, 01:23 PM
CousCous and Nebulous "debating" = best entertainment this forum's ever seen. :D :D :D

ChrisToth.hu
28th Jun 2001, 01:37 PM
:)

CousCous
28th Jun 2001, 03:51 PM
Hey thanks Nebulous...via Cool breeze. That "verbose" console command fixed two of my major clusterfecks already. Wow, the ability to read the minds of the bots...I feel like Kreskin. No, no, I feel like that fat Jamaican Tarot card reading lady on TV with the 900 number. No, I feel like David Copperfield, except I'm not gay, I'm not married to an eight foot tall German uber-model, and I have cooler hair. Yeah...

ChrisToth.hu
28th Jun 2001, 05:37 PM
Check out the Mind Reader and the Botwatcher mutator at Fordy's site.
http://www.planetunreal.com/fordy

They are really cool.

CousCous
28th Jun 2001, 06:36 PM
Howzabout:

-"I don't even like apples, they make me gassy."

-"I can't believe I'm on the red team. I should be on blue, it brings out the color in my eyes."

-"Geez, there's enough Coronas in this level to have a Mexican puking party. Who brought the limes?"

Mmmmmm...that's all I got for right now. And I can't guarantee the presence of my dog at any aforementioned "date." Sounds a mite too bestial for my tastes. Besides, she's a rabid little mongrel....