Two suggestions.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SuperDudeMan

Jul 13, 2000
Visit site

When moving prone and pressing fire we should stop moving and fire cause there is just not enough reaction when we move in prone unlike RL.

When coming up to a mounted MG (M2HB) we should only be able to select it pressing 0 because we might not need it at the time but we needed a good position and when we are in CQB selecting the MG takes away our victory by takintg away the time.

yurch

Swinging the clue-by-four
May 21, 2001
USA, Maryland.
Visit site
i am not sure what 1 is all about. If your hand was on the ground puling yourself along, you couldn't instantly fire anyway. Whats so bad about having to stop first?
And pressing a key to select the m2hb is already in one of the planned versions (i think its in the manual under "bugs/troubleshooting")

SuperDudeMan

Jul 13, 2000
Visit site
Well, the reaction in INF to shoot from prone while moving is much slower than in RL. In RL we just have to stop and press the trigger, in INF we have to release the movement key and then shoot.

yurch

Swinging the clue-by-four
May 21, 2001
USA, Maryland.
Visit site
um, releasing the movement key is the same as stopping, right?
IRL your hands & arms will be on the ground, so it will take LONGER to bring the gun ready to fire.

SuperDudeMan

Jul 13, 2000
Visit site
Yes, but stopping the movement is a natural thing to do when you see a gun pointed at you. and if you press fire and then stop the weapon will 'jam'. the other solution to it is that if we press fire and then release the movement key you ONLY then will fire.

NotBillMurray

It's Suntory Time!
Mar 11, 2001
You seem to be forgetting what it looks like while you're crawling. Your weapon is far from ready. You do not have it sighted, you don't have both hands on it, and it isn't even pointed forward. I would consider the stop movement to ready to fire time to be inadequate as it stands now. The problem is that in first person you see none of that movement. If the gun was truly moving as it is in third person, you would have to see your weapon be brought to ready when you stopped moving.

I can't seem to remember if there we were ever going to see the first person movement of the weapon.

SuperDudeMan

Jul 13, 2000
Visit site
Well, that is true, Monk, but when I press fire in INF while moving and release the move key, the weapon jams forever. But if it is made so there is like a 1/2 second delay after releasing the movement key while pressing the fire key, that completely fits your post.

NotBillMurray

It's Suntory Time!
Mar 11, 2001
Yeah, but the ideal solution would be animations for all the delay. If only your weapon dropped from sight and then was brought up to its original position (side or aimed) when you cease moving, it would accurately demonstrate the delay without additional animations.

SuperDudeMan

Jul 13, 2000
Visit site
no, it's a keyboard-mouse event thing, even offline it doesn't work. INF does not listen to the event of releasing the move key while the fire key is pressed and thus it doesn't fire.

NotBillMurray

It's Suntory Time!
Mar 11, 2001
I gotta go with yurch... sequence your keystrokes and the problem is fixed. That or stop pr0ning :)

SuperDudeMan

Jul 13, 2000
Visit site
that's the point of the whole thread! I tell ya about the unrealistic move-in-prone and shoot stuff, you just won't understand.

baah! I'll drop it now.