PDA

View Full Version : Seekers Pack 5 - Its, like, better and stuff.

Dragonfly_of_Forgery
23rd Jun 2001, 08:44 PM
Hello all.

I think that Seekers Pack 5 is now avalible off my site. Could you please download it, and enjoy it, and send me e-mail full of comments such as "I love the gravgun!" ?

Also, while I'm making my demands and since WoD has several new reviewers, could someone review it? Besides publicity and all that, it gives me clues about what I need to fix.

If you can't be bothered writing me fan-mail, here is a template to make it easier:

==================

To dragonflymatthew@planetunreal.com

Hey, I love your Seekers Pack weapon modification! It is really cool. My favorite weapon is the [gravgun / dissembler / thinggy which shoots that stuff] because it is really [cool / awesome / powerful / green].

I think that the new Target Hunt gametype is [great / quite good / shaping up] but I hate [the gun/ the Nali / not being able to kill the bots without losing frags].

The new textures are [not noticable / awesome / green] and the modified protector mutator is [great / annoying / different from how it was].

The only real problem is that the protectors sometimes get lost, but I recon that you are probably going to fix that and release a better version next week. If you do, I will think that you are really cool.

In conclusion, I would like to again thank you and just say that I am [waiting eagerly for version 6 / angry about those protectors getting lost / so used to the seekers pack that when I pick up the rocket launcher in normal UT I automatically press 5 and then right click, trying to morph with the Mech Gun / green].

Yours sincerely,
[your name goes here].

==================

Every person who sends me one of these fan messages will recieve... a reply! :)

Smoke39
23rd Jun 2001, 09:31 PM
Hey, Bug Fly person dude, what are the names of the Seekers pack ver 4 files? I wanna get rid o' them since I now have ver 5.

Kangus
23rd Jun 2001, 10:30 PM
yeah. I'll get someone on reviewing seekers5 for next week. Also I'll put something in the news on the WoD main page as soon as I finish this post.... like right about now!

Dragonfly_of_Forgery
23rd Jun 2001, 10:52 PM
Smoke: The other files should be listed near the beginning of the readme. And in the Installation section of the readme.

Being the idiot I am, I forgot to include the .txt file which tells you where to put everything but it's in the htm readme anyway, I think.

RamdoleKang: Thanks, even a bad review is better than no review... Or is it? I don't know. Can you ask your reviewer to be nice?

Smoke39
23rd Jun 2001, 11:18 PM
I don't think I kept the readme for ver 4.

Dragonfly_of_Forgery
25th Jun 2001, 05:50 AM
It should be in the version 5 readme. But anyway: ffgun, mechmod, chaostrap, mypackage.

Kangus
25th Jun 2001, 08:21 AM
DragonFly.... you know me better than that.... WoD reviewers give fair reviews, not nice reviews... thats the way things got reviewed under Kobain, and that is the way they get reviewed under me. Also though, WoD doesn't review crap. If Seekers5 was that bad, I'd never have assigned it to one of my best reviewers.

Smoke39
25th Jun 2001, 12:48 PM
They is now gone, yay. Now my system directory is 4 files cleaner.