UT Memories

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Morety

The Farterator
Feb 23, 2000
Toronto
www.legionoflions.com
I've been playing this game a long time, and thought it'd be cool if we shared a thread with some of our most fun UT memories.

Mine include:

- My first time playing the demo because my Unreal server loaded it in and I moved into UT with it.

- My first clan match playing and instagib ctf game and getting the high score. I only played because my brother's clan was short a man, and he phoned me up.

- Helping form and being a part of a great group of people in LoL

- Playing on |C|ondemned's server with names such as |C|uckooforRoosterPuf's

- The Roost

- Playing TallyHo for the first time with DragonAsh

- Hammered and in a cowskin with Harm, hammercamping the portals on an all face server.

- These forums, and playing/chatting with the people on them.

- Boom hitting me with a full fledged spooge shot in a tdm. We were on battlecom, and as soon as it hit me, he says "ACHOOOO"

Too many to go on, as I'd list forever.

What about you guys/gals?

Jammer|PuF

May 26, 2000
Visit site
Good topic, Mo!

In no particular order...

- Playing defense in my first clan match on Gauntlet I went into a panic and started yelling "Somebody throw me a #@%# weapon! I'm running around with my dick in one hand and a goo gun in the other!", therefore drowning out any real communication for the team.

- One of I_B_Bangin's first clan matches on Command when he yelled "Papa Bangin's comin' home with the flag boys!!!" followed by his immediate death. :)

- When we were beating a clan so badly in a match that Hammer actually felt bad and stopped playing and instead did flips and dives off the tower in Face for the rest of the match while we shouted things like "9.5!" over the voicecom.

- Playing CTF for the very first time and spending hours just spawn sniping bots on Face and honestly believing it was the coolest thing ever.

- Being spawn sniped the first time I played on a public server and realizing it was the lamest thing ever. :)

- Seeing |C|Danny1 jump out the window on Hydro before I knew what a hammerjump was and almost crapping myself.

- Playing instagib when almost no one else did and when there was no such thing as an aimbot.

- Being asked to join the coolest clan in the world, ]LoL[

- The reaction from ]LoL[Boom when he found out he was only getting about 10 FPS

Like Mo, this could go on forever, so I'll stop for now...

Jammer

I_B_Bangin

habitual line stepper
Aug 6, 2000
Boston, MA
-Switching from AOL to Earthlinik, so I would be able to stay connected to a server.

-Playing on dial-up with an 8MB Nvidia Vanta video card for the first 6 months I had UT! LOL!

-Playing nothing but Facing Worlds for the first month I had the game and then finally getting my first heart pounding flag cap.

-Being introduced to PuF

-Net Access CTF and 2 Mile High CTF sevrvers where I learned to Bang!

-The invitation to join ]LoL[

-Getting a new video card and a Cable modem, so that I could actually help my clan lose more matches more effectively! :D

Boom

Rumpshaking Moderator
Mar 28, 2000
Visit site
My favorite UT mammories are in that DM map with the picture of the nekky girl on the wall.

Butress

The Bearer of Humpage
Jan 13, 2000
Visit site
there was a hydro game...... with roo... lk... some lol'ers and some cmi and i think some other PuF'ers. my team won with me having the high score... built a lot of confidence that day.

REeeE{skullface}

p-REeeE-dictable
Feb 28, 2001
SF, CA
Visit site
-Switching from DM to CTF after playing for 5 months and feeling the "Oh my fkin God! I know there is someone behind me" as I ran with the flag...I was sweating from my fingers!

-Playing against my friend Pvt. Joker for the first time on his server.

-Watching my girlfriend beat the first 7 single player maps before she got sick from the "3d effect"

-(wish I had clan memories but never been in one)

-hitting that nooB on the top of his head on Morpheous from about 200 meters above him with 6 rockets clustered (holding R and L click)

-comming to these forums and discovering that other players exist who believe in good sportsmanship and that this is only a game

-adding a playerstart and moving around in my first ever room I made on the editor. Fraggin in my first map.

-Playing for days when my girlfriend leaves town :)

Wow, I had no idea I had that many good memories.

It will be a :( day when I have to switch to Unreal 2.

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!?

phazeONE187

Jun 22, 2001
New Jersey
Visit site
Wow, I've had alot of awsome memories

-having Poteen get me out of Q2 for Ut

-making "ThunderCat's" with Poteen and losing to C1 in overtime on Face for OGL WAYYYYYYYYYY back in the day

-going to UTCon and all those other phat lans

-all the great clans I've been in, XxX, NBK, R, 187, any I forgot.

-Beatin EE with [R] on Silith

Probably alot that I'm not thinkin of

Basalisk

Instagib Fan & Shock-Ho Wannabe
Mar 12, 2001
Missouri, USA
Visit site
Hmm. Well, I'd dropped out of the Bleeding Edge Video Card scene after getting my V3 3k. But I remember seeing Q3 for the first time on a V5, and my jaw hit the floor. Then I got ahold of UT and my jaw went THRU the floor! :D

I too recall spawn-sniping bots on Face for hours on end. Never had so much fun.

My first game of CTF, my first flag capture...

My first game of Instagib. Followed by my first CTF Instagib.
I almost captured the flag during that game, them BLAM I was gibs.
What a rush! Never looked back since! :)

Until now I guess.... :p

{WAC}DJ JaKe

Wild And Cruel
Dec 11, 2000
Toronto
www.wildandcruel.cjb.net
PLaying face for like the 3rd time, and going nuts when i found out these "secret portals. I had to make several trips through one to finnaly figure out what was going on, lol.

When a bot used the deemers secondary fire to blow me away( he shot it from the back of his base, and it came around and nailed me near the keg on Face, im not jkn.)
I knwo someone is going to ask if its possible for bots to fly deemers, but im quite sure i didnt dream it.

Thinking im the l337 of the UT till i went online.

AMMAGETSVM

wild
Jun 5, 2001
brooklyn
Ah, I remember it as if it were yesterday - the day I learned to use the pelvic thrust victory-move effectively.
I ran amok, humping everybody in sight, especially people freshly mowed down by my minigun, you know, while they were still standing up and twitching... ;)

There's just too many good memories! I hope they will continue to increase along with the whole gaming experience.

|pOt|fArMeRx

3rd degree CD burns
Jun 12, 2001
canada eh
http
My favourite UT memories...

-Playing it for the first time at a friends house nearly 3? yars ago
It was the first fps shooter I'd liked on a computer

- and somewhat recently playing in a servre called fragism.com (20min long DM match )
I was totally owning everyone until my clan mate comes back and ties my score at time over @ 109
we were facing eachother on deck near the upper RL as the timer ran out
I think i killed some AFK guy.. hehehe ;)

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
-starting the UT demo when it was first available for download. Running through CTF-Coret and getting lost :D

-Playing in a PuF All-Star game (on a dial-up) the day after I lost my cable connection. :D Watching Inneffectual getting headshots on Hydro, Troll minigunning me in Coret, and Stallion camping at the end of one of the Hydro walk-ways.

-Playing Rooster, CookieMonster, EvilBeaver, DragonAsh, Ruffrider and Morety for the first time.

-Joining a CTF game where Boom was accused of being a cheater 'cause he was wiping the floor with some guy! :D

/me sings "Thooooooose were the daaaaays..."

namu

Bleh.
Dec 21, 2000
Dinae Mensa, Tharsis Regio
namu.free.fr
- Playing the demo for the first time :)

- Playing Face (spawn-sniping the other bots so that my bots could cap) then moving to Instagib with 50% speed :D on Morpheus in the demo...

- Playing on a friend's PC with a crappy AOL 56k and actually cap half the points of my team ! My friends along with my brother were stoned and watching as i sweared and laughed during the match...

- Posting my first thread ever on PuF :)

- Getting smacked down by XeneX and KingLao the first time i came on IRC.

- being asked to join RSU after a TDM game with Lao, 8472 and XX, plus some random players (and being highest score on my team :) )

- guiding my girlfriend as she spanked a n00bie in her first online match ever 15/0 :)

- Playing UT on a friend's PC on our LAN and beating the crap out of everybody: i was also performing very good in Half-Life, and discovered i really liked FPS games :)

- getting postive feedback from PuFfers after releasing my first mutator :)

- Playing in a clan war against ... Phalanx ! (bad bad idea... :D) and finding myself being as useful as a window in a submarine... :rolleyes:

- being called "UT's Xaero" by a friend :p after a few matches.

Jancaz Bru

the preposterous bollox of the situation
OOOO!

-Getting UT for the first time. I played ever single map in every single mode, with experienced bots :D.

-Playing the demo when it first came out. Sure, I got 10fps, but it was fun.

-Playing online for the first time with my new comp. Played on Face for 3 straight hours. It was intense.

-Those endless FragPU nights :)

Dec 31, 2000
Visit site
Trying demo and realizing that this was THE game.

First time being asked to join a clan and realizing that I was okay.

Being scared to death to play Evil LarrE and finding out that I could kill the 56k Demon, even if it was only once for about twenty deaths.

Being asked to join a new clan, UTK, that was going to be just about good sportsmanship and nothing else.

Finding out that some of the top dogs, from that other BB that I used to hang out at, were in this clan. I was one of them!

Getting accused of cheating for the first time.

Specing a match with my clan against |H| and realizing.....WOW.

Realizing that I knew almost every trick (pertaining to DM) in the tips and tricks thread.

Having my clan let my nine-year-old play his first and only, thus far, online match as a reward for doing a good job on his homework and hearing his screech as he killed Vicious. About 10 of them showed up for this special occasion.

You guys are right......this could go on and on. :)

Troll|PuF

Poetic Terrorist
May 2, 2000
Temporary Autonomous Zone
-Spawnsniping on Face when I first discovered CTF, and getting those wonderful Sprees (not caring that anyone was yelling at me)

-My very first game I ever won online, it was on a dialup connect, insta server, on Codex

-Getting 492fph on Morbias in a FFA DM while still on that crappy dialup and a P200 computer, and seeing my name in the Top Scorers for the server, feeling like the Leestest person on the planet for that night

-Finding PuF and flaming my first PuFfer ;)
(Bitchsmack, who later became |C|arnage, one of the most kickass cool dudes playing the game and still a good friend to this day)

-Making the winning cap on Orby in my first All Star game, on my birthday of all days. Running like a madwoman, with specs cheering "RUN TROLL RUN! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TROLL!", being shock pushed by Roo to the flagstand

-Being taught how to rocket boost on Face by Dragonash. I didn't have very good coordination and every time he'd drop to the ledge for his boost, I'd try to drop behind him and instead go sailing past him to the ground, where I'd leave many small craters. Dragonash on voicecomm with me yelling "Troll---You wanna be in a top ten clan and you can't fukin' manage to not fall off the fukin' towers??!??! " I was laughing so hard I don't know how I ever managed to learn.

-Playing my very first ever 1v1 against Voyd and losing horribly

-Finally beating Dragonash in a 1v1 on Liandri

-Losing my wings to LK in a 1v1

-Beating LK in a 1v1 on Deck (yes I pingraped him :D )

-Drunken nights playing on the LoL Server

-Tossing the deemer to Smalls in an ]LoL[ clan match just as an opponent appeared with weapon switch on. Deemer landed in his hands and Smalls and I went to the Great Orby Graveyard in the Sky

-Playing on Swine one night with Boom and when an appearance was made by The Great One, Overtoad. We got chills.

-All those great nights playing on the Roost (esp when Ashram spawned those Titans!)

-The heyday of |C|ondemned (showed us all that you could be #1 on every ladder and still be nice guys)

-The Stain

-the Infamous Common Grounds International match, possibly the most hilarious clan night of my life. Those screenies will live on, even if CGi hasn't

-Watching Sycorax's UTI2 movie for the first time

-Getting to play for rE in the UTI3 playoffs. Even though almost every 187 member went godlike on us, I wouldn't trade it for the world

OshadowO

Irregular
Feb 10, 2000
CA
Playing Coret on the demo and finally figuring out what CTF was.

Playing morpheus for the first time and thinking, "It doesn't get any better." Now I hate that map:D

Finally getting a chance to play Voyd in 1 vs 1. (Guess who won)

The discussions Goshen and I used to have to try to promote the PuF Ladder and actually get people signed up on it to play games when we first started:D

Running across PuF's and other people I knew on random servers.

Rocket jumping for the first time.

Getting a succesful offense organised in AS-Overlord and taking the map with a few minutes left after being pounded by the defense for the gazillionth time.

Probably the most memorable game I've had was a CTF match on Hydro( on the roost) with just PuF's involved where I actually did great. Memorable cos that was one of my last matches on my T1 in the dorm and I cannot play CTF. That was just one of those perfect games that comes once in an blue moon.