Trip Mines!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

aximilli_28

Lime green mad kow flying threw the air
Mar 8, 2001
mirimar
Visit site
I have wanted trip mines in UT for a long time, And now I believe if someone were to create them it would be imensley popular. So please for the love of God code some TRIPMINES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
Floofle!

I could theoretically make a proximity mine that blew up when it detected motion. Is that good enough, or do you need the lasery kind?

aximilli_28

Mar 8, 2001
mirimar
Visit site
There's a lime green mad kow flying through the air

I presonally like the beam kind
I am think as soon as I learn to code I am going to ask WFUT to make their tripmines into a mutator

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
Moose

I prefer proximety mine cuz they blow up when people get close, laser trip mines they have to walk through the laser and they could get past them more easily.

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
Cheese?

What's a rocket mine thingy? Does it shoot rockets that mutate into mine when struck by a wall that then blows up when someone throws a big lump of cheese into its light amplification by stimulated emission of radiation beam?

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
1+1+1+1+1=5

Yeah, so basically what I said.

Am I the only person who doesn't use that little piece of paper next to my Subjects?

Jun 12, 2001
www.planetunreal.com
<-- A grin icon to signify non-seriousness

My view on conservation:

EARTH FIRST! WE CAN LOG THE OTHER PLANETS LATER!

Actually, I do think that the paper icon is overused. I will try and refrain from using it.

But what about all those .txt documents on your computer, with even larger paper icons? Quick, delete them!

(Dragonflymatthew logs into his most powerful and intelligent utility)
(Computer: Hello.)
(Dragonflymatthew: Delete *.txt)
(Computer: No.)
(Dragonflymatthew: Delete *.writing)
(Computer: Not in a million years.)
(Dragonflymatthew: Delete all text documents)
(Computer: Not likely.)
(Dragonflymatthew: Delete all text documents now!)
(Computer: No.)
(Dragonflymatthew: Exit)
(Computer: Thank you for using "magic eightball". )

Was that funny? That wasn't funny, was it?

Anyway, have you tried the NextGen rocket mine? Isn't it cool?

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001

No, I haven't. I chose the arrow cuz it seemed the most random and meaningless to me. I could make a custom icon for txt files! My folder icons are shiny orbs! They're shiny! Making icons and cursors is fun. Go help me in the section entitled 'Help.' the 42 in my subject means something, but it relates not very well to our current discusion, as does our current discussion.

aximilli_28

Mar 8, 2001
mirimar
Visit site
I have no idea why smoke is still alive

I have tried all the current tripmines and such.
I just want a simple tripmine it is more balanced than the motion sensors , and they have a longer distance. Is it really that hard to make trip mines? If its not , what are you waiting for!.
You would have to find a model or somthing. :(

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
Cheese...

The model wouldn't be a problem, some misc. Unreal or Unreal Tournament model would work. I don't know how I'd make a trip mine, a proximety mine would be much easier (for me anyway). In fact, I think I'll put one in Pain.

Jun 12, 2001
www.planetunreal.com
Can't you just use a tracefire in the timer or even tick function to see if someone passes through the beam? And the beam effect would be easy enough.

When you place the mine it would trace infront of you to find a wall, place the mine on it and point it in the opposite direction. Then it would start its beam/trace thinggy.

I might try it in the holidays.

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
Corn on da cob! On da COB, man!

OKay, you do that, and I'll keep trying my proxy mine thingy. It looks like a translocator that launches translocator modules that stick walls and explode. But my first attept failed miserably. Poop, perhaps I shall try again.

Neuroflare

Brewer - Patriot
Jun 21, 2001
I dunno
wod.beyondunreal.com
D3d

Duke Nukem (god bless his little heart) 3d had good trip mines. They ruled. ph33|2 7|2!p /\/\!|\|35. That game was awesome. 20x better than quake, quake 2, and quake 3 combined in one devil-box. I found the devil in a box once. There was a scorpion and a black widow in the same small box. The scorpion suffered a sledge hammer, and the black widow inhaled a can of WD-40. Never go into melee w/ a black widow. They're harsh.

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
Sorry, nothing interesting up here today.

Duke3D was cool... I edited that game so much, that, uh... Yeah. I made maps, made weapons look funky, made Duke fart when you hit space, all kinds of junk. Shadow Warrior was pretty cool, too, even though you couldn't edit it too much.