PDA

View Full Version : Trip Mines!!

Doug_Unreal_Master
22nd Jun 2001, 09:48 AM
I have wanted trip mines in UT for a long time, And now I believe if someone were to create them it would be imensley popular. So please for the love of God code some TRIPMINES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postal
22nd Jun 2001, 10:47 AM
there were a couple for the origional unreal, but they were never popular, so us old-schoolers, and u4e, arnt making them

Smoke39
22nd Jun 2001, 03:19 PM
I could theoretically make a proximity mine that blew up when it detected motion. Is that good enough, or do you need the lasery kind?

Doug_Unreal_Master
22nd Jun 2001, 05:38 PM
I presonally like the beam kind
I am think as soon as I learn to code I am going to ask WFUT to make their tripmines into a mutator

Smoke39
22nd Jun 2001, 08:43 PM
I prefer proximety mine cuz they blow up when people get close, laser trip mines they have to walk through the laser and they could get past them more easily.

Dragonfly_of_Forgery
22nd Jun 2001, 10:17 PM
NextGen weapons has a rocket/mine thinggy.

Smoke39
23rd Jun 2001, 12:21 AM
What's a rocket mine thingy? Does it shoot rockets that mutate into mine when struck by a wall that then blows up when someone throws a big lump of cheese into its light amplification by stimulated emission of radiation beam?

Dragonfly_of_Forgery
23rd Jun 2001, 03:25 AM
Uh, no.

It looks like a rocket, but when it hits a wall it becomes a proximity mine.

Smoke39
23rd Jun 2001, 03:40 PM
Yeah, so basically what I said.

Am I the only person who doesn't use that little piece of paper next to my Subjects?

Dragonfly_of_Forgery
23rd Jun 2001, 05:50 PM
Fight the power... don't use the paper icon.

Smoke39
23rd Jun 2001, 06:40 PM
We must save the environment! Avoid the processed wood!

Dragonfly_of_Forgery
23rd Jun 2001, 11:07 PM
My view on conservation:

EARTH FIRST! WE CAN LOG THE OTHER PLANETS LATER!

Actually, I do think that the paper icon is overused. I will try and refrain from using it.

But what about all those .txt documents on your computer, with even larger paper icons? Quick, delete them!

(Dragonflymatthew logs into his most powerful and intelligent utility)
(Computer: Hello.)
(Dragonflymatthew: Delete *.txt)
(Computer: No.)
(Dragonflymatthew: Delete *.writing)
(Computer: Not in a million years.)
(Dragonflymatthew: Delete all text documents)
(Computer: Not likely.)
(Dragonflymatthew: Delete all text documents now!)
(Computer: No.)
(Dragonflymatthew: Exit)
(Computer: Thank you for using "magic eightball". )

Was that funny? That wasn't funny, was it?

Anyway, have you tried the NextGen rocket mine? Isn't it cool?

Smoke39
23rd Jun 2001, 11:23 PM
No, I haven't. I chose the arrow cuz it seemed the most random and meaningless to me. I could make a custom icon for txt files! My folder icons are shiny orbs! They're shiny! Making icons and cursors is fun. Go help me in the section entitled 'Help.' the 42 in my subject means something, but it relates not very well to our current discusion, as does our current discussion.

Doug_Unreal_Master
24th Jun 2001, 01:36 PM
I have tried all the current tripmines and such.
I just want a simple tripmine it is more balanced than the motion sensors , and they have a longer distance. Is it really that hard to make trip mines? If its not , what are you waiting for!.
You would have to find a model or somthing. :(

Smoke39
24th Jun 2001, 02:42 PM
The model wouldn't be a problem, some misc. Unreal or Unreal Tournament model would work. I don't know how I'd make a trip mine, a proximety mine would be much easier (for me anyway). In fact, I think I'll put one in Pain.

Dragonfly_of_Forgery
25th Jun 2001, 05:53 AM
Can't you just use a tracefire in the timer or even tick function to see if someone passes through the beam? And the beam effect would be easy enough.

When you place the mine it would trace infront of you to find a wall, place the mine on it and point it in the opposite direction. Then it would start its beam/trace thinggy.

I might try it in the holidays.

Smoke39
25th Jun 2001, 12:52 PM
OKay, you do that, and I'll keep trying my proxy mine thingy. It looks like a translocator that launches translocator modules that stick walls and explode. But my first attept failed miserably. Poop, perhaps I shall try again.

Neuroflare
27th Jun 2001, 01:23 PM
Duke Nukem (god bless his little heart) 3d had good trip mines. They ruled. ph33|2 7|2!p /\/\!|\|35. That game was awesome. 20x better than quake, quake 2, and quake 3 combined in one devil-box. I found the devil in a box once. There was a scorpion and a black widow in the same small box. The scorpion suffered a sledge hammer, and the black widow inhaled a can of WD-40. Never go into melee w/ a black widow. They're harsh.

Smoke39
27th Jun 2001, 02:24 PM
Duke3D was cool... I edited that game so much, that, uh... Yeah. I made maps, made weapons look funky, made Duke fart when you hit space, all kinds of junk. Shadow Warrior was pretty cool, too, even though you couldn't edit it too much.

Neuroflare
27th Jun 2001, 03:14 PM
Shadow Warrior rocked ass!!! DUEL UZIs!!! YEAH BITCH YEAH!!!!

Neuroflare
27th Jun 2001, 03:16 PM
Shadow Warrior rocked ass!!! DUEL UZIs!!! YEAH BITCH YEAH!!!!
Somebody should OpenGLize those two games. I have quake open gl (don't hate me, my friend gave it to me. it was free. i would never have paid for it) and doom I & II opengl. They rock ass with mouselook and jumping and 1024x768 resolution!!!

Smoke39
27th Jun 2001, 09:53 PM
Didn't 3DRealms make a special pretty patch thingy that did something like that?

Neuroflare
28th Jun 2001, 12:37 AM
THEY DID?!?!! YEAH!!! WHO"S YOUR MOMMA"S DADDY NOW BEIZNITCH!!!

Smoke39
28th Jun 2001, 04:00 AM
I think my mother's father is my grandfather? What is a "BEIZNITCH?" Hey, are you insulting my parents? Oh yeah, well yo mamma's so mamma-like that she's similar to yo mamma! Yeah, so there, ya bumb! I like the letter q...

Neuroflare
28th Jun 2001, 01:33 PM
I just got a little excited. PCG gave Lo Wang an F on his report card for video game heroes.

Smoke39
28th Jun 2001, 04:02 PM
Does PCG stand for Personal Computer Gamer? Why did they give him an F? That was rather rude of them... I like sword, that's a personal weapon... Oh, I like the level where everything starts blowing up and Lo Wang says, "Haha! Look like, Duke Nukem!" I like that funky shotgun he has, the riotgun I think it's called.

Neuroflare
28th Jun 2001, 05:47 PM
Its PC Gamer. They gave him an F because all he did was sout off crap like "You want to see Wang wash his wang?" and "You want some wang?". I thought he was funny as hell. I thought it was cool in D3D when the aliens **** themselves and committed suicide. That was cool.

Postal
29th Jun 2001, 10:04 PM
if you made something that used traces in the tick, that means lag, but if you used timer, someone could posible get thru, it would be better to use a line enity code, like the pulse gun beam.

Dragonfly_of_Forgery
30th Jun 2001, 03:48 AM
Yeah, a line would be good. I don't understand them though. Maby I'll go and figure them out.

Smoke39
30th Jun 2001, 03:58 AM
Ah! Don't do it! It is eeeeevil... I believe that your time would be better spent farming sausages. Yes, sausage farming would be a much more productive use of your time. Farm us some sausage.

Neuroflare
30th Jun 2001, 02:34 PM
I HATE SAUSAGE!!! DO WHAT SMOKE SAYS AND LITTLE CHILDREN WILL CASTRATE YOU W/ A CHEESE GRATER. J/k, but i really don't like sausages. Instead add seeking trip mines to Seekers 5, which KICKS ASS!!!! The chaos gun is so much more useful now. Although, it could use a cooler looking skin than reflective-metallic-sky-blue. Don't forget to check out my page and give me suggestions and criticisms. http://neuroflare.tripod.com/

Smoke39
30th Jun 2001, 04:05 PM
He can go farm CHEESE then! I like cheese more than sausage anyway...

Dragonfly_of_Forgery
30th Jun 2001, 08:44 PM
Seekering tripmines? What do you mean, seeking tripmines? Does the little laser beam search around for someone to point at, then explode?

I quite like the current chaos trap skin but I do need to modify it. You're supposed to be able to see black spots and funky stuff in it, but its hard to notice while you're holding it. And its not sky blue, its CHAOS blue. Blue is the colour of Chaos. None of that stupid black and red.

Smoke39: I want not a cheese farm, but I suggest that you somehow get cheese into UT because it appears to be a cheese-less game. A cheesegun, perhaps, or you could drop sticky cheese as a trap, or simply replace health packs with cheese which heals you.

Smoke39
30th Jun 2001, 10:00 PM
Hehe, I once tried to make a Duke3D TC called Duke Cheezem. I might incorporate cheese into the funny stupid goofy weapons pack that I'm going to make after Pain, but first I must finish Pain.

Post.Script.
What do you think of my new new sig? Ever seen Ren & Stimpy?:)

Neuroflare
30th Jun 2001, 11:18 PM
Dragonfly: Maybe you could make a gun similar the the chaos trap in that it fires the meat bags and they stick to walls, are instanly activated, and make a sort of trip mine, so that when someone runs through it is explodes like the shock combo.

Smoke:You should make a cheese farm TC for unreal, you get weapons that motivate cows to make for cheese, and goats, and llamas. Someone should make a Nali Llama. Hey thats kinda funny 'cause it sounds like Dahli Llama. I made a funny!

Smoke39
1st Jul 2001, 12:46 AM
Cheese farm TC? Eugh... Expect there to be plenty of cheese in Ablosquilmawa after I finish Pain (yes, Ablosquilmawa LIVES, although in a different form than my original plan).

Dragonfly_of_Forgery
1st Jul 2001, 07:40 AM
Nali Llama is funny! Here's my idea. I though of it a while ago but without the name obviously:

You have a mutator which adds the Nali Llama to the level. Nali Llama is based on a bot but isn't really, dosen't show on scoreboards or anything. More like a normal enemy. Obviously, Nali Llama has a nali skin.

Now, the Nali has 400 health and has perfect, aimbot aim. Basically, it runs around the level terrorizing everyone near. But every 30 - 60 seconds, the Nali's cheats stuff up. It becomes a normal, covering Nali for 5 seconds. If you manage to kill it, you get a huge bonus and it respawns.

So you have to keep away from the Nali, but not too far because you wanna frag him when he goes wimpy.

The Nali will use advanced text taunts which are intelligent.
Eg if he kills you two times in a row, or gets someone who has killed him, or kills a player with the hammer or something, he says different things.

Smoke39
2nd Jul 2001, 12:36 PM
CHEESE!

Maybe that'll get you people to resume discusion.

Doug_Unreal_Master
2nd Jul 2001, 12:39 PM
Let's try to get this thread over a hundred posts ok?

Hmmm , Smoke what are some of the weapons in Pain?

Just post anything you feel like!

Neuroflare
2nd Jul 2001, 01:16 PM
Hey smoke, do you have a webpage and stuff? i do, but nobody goes to it, probably because i don't have any material other than screens. check it out if you want. http://neuroflare.tripod.com/ PLus!!! what does everybody yhink of my 'n'. It's the Unreal bladed 'u', but upside, aDnd becaues my alias starts with an n, it's cool.

Smoke39
2nd Jul 2001, 03:30 PM
Yes, I noticed the U N.

Weapons in Pain:
Painful Rifle
Painful Shotgun
Sparker
Working on A4PL (Air Pressure Powered Poison Projectile Launcher)
Haven't started Nitroglycerin Squirt Gun
Thinking of modes for some 4 barreled multimode gun

Shall I describe them?

Edit:
Hey, I figured out that avator or whatever thingy! Now I have a freaky face under my name! YEAH!

Neuroflare
3rd Jul 2001, 12:56 AM
Smoke:Do you have a web page though.

Postal, Kang:I want to get hosted at wod, but since i dont have any material, i kinda can't unless they somehow decide you want to host me, then I'll be happy. *WINK* *WINK* *WINK* *WINK*

Dragonfly:I didn't really think of a Nali Llama as a character class, although it is a better way than my idea was. I was think of something like a two legged llama, kind of like the nali cow is a two legged cow thing.

Everybody:Visit my page and give me comments on it like design and friendliness : http://neuroflare.tripod.com/

Smoke39
3rd Jul 2001, 01:38 AM
I have no web page. I worked on the A4PL a bit. Now it's better than it was, and I'll put it into the pack soon. Next I'll make the nitroglycerine squirt gun.

Dragonfly_of_Forgery
3rd Jul 2001, 02:45 AM

It seems like this is the anything thread, so:

I'm going to make a sniper thinggy. A laser-sniper-rifle-thinggy. No, a guided-laser-sniper-rifle-thinggy.

You have a little window in the corner of the screen showing a zoomed view. Primary fire fires a little laserbolt which gets more powerful as it flies (so its good for long range sniping but bad for close range). The shots are guided to wherever your crosshair is.

Does it sound cool? Secondary fire might deactivate guiding or something.

And a melee weapon - I want a weapon which is easier to deflect projectiles with than the hammer. It will probably auto-defect every second so that shots just blow past you.

Is anyone willing to beta test Seekers 6? Its really cool.

Target Hunt 2 is going to be cool too. But when I made the HUD, I first put it in the hunting rifle's Postrender.

Later I moved it into a real HUD and it made huge lag.
M-M-M-M-MONSTER lag.

I think I've fixed it but haven't tested it yet.

I have a new version of my webpage. I'd like you to tell me if its better or worse than my old one. At the moment, I'd rather keep the old but if the new is better then I'll change.

New site test: www.forgery.f2s.com
current site: www.planetunreal.com/wod/forgery

Dragonfly_of_Forgery
3rd Jul 2001, 02:55 AM
Oh, more thing * 1.

If you've played ChaosUT you'll know that the proxys talk and its really funny. (...) Also, in Deus Ex the robots talk ("Scanning area... Target Aquired!")

And so I though, "Why don't protectors talk?"

And the answer was, "Because you haven't made them talk, stupid".

But anyway, do you think it would be fun if the protectors talked?

If I do do this, I don't know what kind of personality to give them. Have you got any ideas? Why don't you add to my list...

1) Yelling, insulting voices.
"Hahaha, killed him!", "Wait up, moron!"

2) Boring as heck. Kinda like the Half-Life or Red Alert announcement voices.
"Target destroyed.", "Owner lost"

3) Intelligent, polite computer such as HAL or one of those talking cars.
"I've destroyed our pursuer, sir.", "Sir, I've lost visual contact with you".

4) ...

Smoke39
3rd Jul 2001, 03:01 AM
New look is good. I did some more work on the A4PL. Hey Dragonfly, how do you make a texture have that chrome effect? It'd be good for the poison gas grenade.

Edit: Just saw that second post o' yours. Make it have my personality! I could shout all kinds of funky stuff and then increase the frequency to make it sound really maniacal! Or you could just wait for Ablosquilmawa for that kinda stuff if you wanted. Either that, or da HAL type. Make it be all monotome 'n' stuff.

Neuroflare
3rd Jul 2001, 04:46 AM
Smoke: Wanna join forces with me in the webpage business? I could post your stuff and give you a column that you email to me, and I'll upload it onto my home page (I'm a cheater 'cause i use dreamworks). It could work...

Dragonfly: I think you should use a really annoying voice that says really annoying things snd the more random event x happens, the more frequently it spouts out stuff so eventually evey 3 seconds it says something and is really annoying.

Everyone: I hope everybody visit's my page frequently so as to give me comments on it. It's nice looking according to most of the people who visit it (most being me and me only). I wonder if WOD could tell the world of me. I've never had more than 75 hits on any given page ive ever had. http://neuroflare.tripod.com/

Dragonfly_of_Forgery
3rd Jul 2001, 08:32 AM
The Chrome effect: Well, all my chrome textures are just original textures with altered tint, but make an object shiny:

bMeshEnviroMap=true
bUnlit=true
Drawscale=0.5
Texture=Texture'botpack.Skins.studmap'

I think that texture is one of them. Just look around for a chrome texture in UT.

The mechgun used to use a texture called Silver I think.

The voice - I don't really want it to be comical (I think that it would get boring quite quickly).

Do you like my new avitar?

I also think that the inverted U is cool.

But it kinda has negative symbolism, dosen't it? I mean, an [i]inverted[/] UT symbol. Sounds a bit anti-UT.

Neuroflare
3rd Jul 2001, 11:36 AM
I didnt use any real symbolism other than the upside down 'u' is the beginnig of my beloved alias 'n'euroflare. Plus your avatar looks pretty cool.

Smoke39
3rd Jul 2001, 09:28 PM
Neuroflare: Sure.

Dragonfly: I like the HAL idea, then. So is it the texture that defines its chrominess, or those props that you define?

Dragonfly_of_Forgery
4th Jul 2001, 01:41 AM
The bEnviroMap makes the texture all moving and reflective.

But the texture has to look reflective, because it dosen't really get reflections or anything.

just try it and see.

Neuroflare - thanks.

BTW, I just got your email and I want to ask the public:

On my site, do the 'backwards dates' annoy you?

If it is annoying a lot of people I'll change it.

Smoke39
4th Jul 2001, 01:51 AM
Yes, I know it doesn't actually reflect things, it's the same in HL.

Backwardness do I enjoy! Slashes do I not. Write dates as here described: 52 October, 1524. Less confusing is it as such, yet backwards is it still. That's enough of that.

Neuroflare
4th Jul 2001, 01:06 PM
Smoke: With your nitro squirtgun in pain, if you haven't alredy thought of it, as a secondary fire, you should be able to throw the squirt gun and have it explode. That'd be sweet.

Dragonfly: I dont really care about the backwards dates, i just wanted to poke some fun at you. But, do you think they're backwards because your tiolets flush clockwise?

Smoke39
4th Jul 2001, 06:32 PM
Nitro squirt gun: it's gonna use things that look like health viles for ammo, and I was gonna make secondary be throwing/ launching vials of nitroglycerine.

Neuroflare
5th Jul 2001, 02:25 AM
How would it fire the vials... would the player stick it on the front then the NRPS (nitro rocket propulsion system) kicks in and fires it like rocket and it blows up like a redeemer??? My idea is more fun.

Smoke39
5th Jul 2001, 02:43 AM
A: I had an idea, but thought of a solution, nevermind A.
B: I already made it shoot da vials and i's all good-like.
C: I already did it my way, so too bad.
D: I feel not like copying Perfect Dark's dragon or super dragon (can't remember which had da grenade launcher and which had da lay as proximety mine).

Dah, my sparker is weak compared to, like, every other weapon except maybe the A4PL. Oh well, who cares if da shotgun and nitroglycerine squirtgun are more powerful? So the weapons won't all be perfectly ballanced! They're all cool! Now I gotta start working on my flamethrower (really scary)... Oh yeah, and make some skins for da NGSG. Since I seem to be having more questions answered here than in da help place, what should some modes be for my quad barelled multi-mode gun be? I have one or two, but I still need 52 or so more (okay, maybe less than that, but it's gonna have a LOT! YEAH!). Oh yeah, and what should the nitroglycerine do when it hits water?

Here's some more cheese.

Neuroflare
5th Jul 2001, 04:36 AM
It should:
A) Do nothing
B)Make all the water explode and everyone dies and all the nitro stuff on the level is gone for 1 minute.

Smoke39
5th Jul 2001, 05:27 AM
It should do A, then proceed to B, or are they two choices for me?

Neuroflare
5th Jul 2001, 05:38 AM
they're seperate. I think you should go with A though, because B is a joke.

Smoke39
5th Jul 2001, 05:54 AM
So just make it disappear? I was thinking of making it float near the surface and be almost invisible, and when someone touches it, BOOM! HAW HAW!

Someone think of modez for my multi-mode gun! Please?

Hey, look, more cheese (maybe I should just put da cheese in my sig?)!

Neuroflare
5th Jul 2001, 02:25 PM
is it a shotgun? even if/not is should have seeking shotgun pellets that just fly off in random diretctions until they lock onto someone... be it you or someone else. and... a rocket launcher that fires spiraling towards a target in looping circles. Thats all i can think of for now.

Doug_Unreal_Master
5th Jul 2001, 06:29 PM
Yes Finally my thread has become 3 pages w00t!

Dragonfly_of_Forgery
5th Jul 2001, 07:14 PM
shotgun pellets that just fly off in random diretctions until they lock onto someone...

That sounds like my fireflies. Don't copy! :)

What about a instagib mode?

Exploding pellets.

Postal
5th Jul 2001, 07:55 PM
I once threw together a little shotgun, I liked it, I should have released it. It was based on Windex's shotgun, and I thought it was balanced. I added code so, if you had that and the minigun, it fired 2x fast, or that and 8ball, it fired explosive rounds. aswell if you had udamamge it fired 3x pellets per round.

I remember now, I didnt release it since i failed to make it akimbo, oh well

Smoke39
5th Jul 2001, 09:19 PM
No, not a shotgun. I was gonna make spiraling rockets, but I don't know how to make them spiral. I'm also gonna make it fire different stuff in circles (first the top barel, then the second, etc.) Oh yeah, and one that fires small rockets really fast that are really inaccurate.

Dragonfly_of_Forgery
6th Jul 2001, 06:52 AM
Spiralling can't be too hard. Let's see - You would have a timer, and every second you would add speed to the rockets velocity in a certain direction, then change the direction slightly. I't can't be too hard....

You would probably have a rotator holding the current 'turn value'. Each Timer you would make it tilt slightly upwards and to the left.... would that work? It should...

Postal, your 'modifiable' shotgun sounds pretty cool. It reminds me of a list somewhere of mods someone wanted made. One idea was that each weapon could be upgraded from level 1 to level 5 (like the dispersion pistol I guess, but more interesting results.)

Wouldn't it be cool if you only had one gun and you collected junk to upgrade different aspects of it? Imagine if you started with an enforcer, but gradually you could morph it....

Lets imagine: (bear with me here. Actually, if you don't want to read, just skip this bit :) )

Enforcer -
Upgrade toxic - now fires tiny green bullets.
Upgrade range-->power - now fires large, short range slime balls.
Upgrade chargable - Now can charge a larger shot in altfire.

Wow, I made a Biorifle.

Enforcer -
Upgrade refire-->damage - Slower refire, powerful shots.
Upgrade stealth-->damage - More power, but shots leave a glowing trail revealing your position.
More upgrades blah blah and you get a shockrifle!

Maby you start with the upgrade gun, and all weapons on the level are replaced with upgrades. When you pick one up, it upgrades a stat. Or even better, you get a Deus Ex style choice to make - Speed or stealth? Power or mobility? Cheese or ham?

Imagine the possibilities - If there was an upgrade for each pickupable weapon that makes 9, if each can be set from 0 to 4 then you get a whopping 45 combinations! I doubt anyone would bother with 9 upgradable stats, but its worth a shot.

/me runs off to think about upgradable weapons...

Smoke39
6th Jul 2001, 09:38 PM
I think I can do a spiraly thingy. All I really hafta do is adjust the velocity all da time.

Wouldn't weapons simply get better when upgraded? Your examples seemed to upgrade one thing, while downgrading another.

Don't forget to eat your cheese!

Dragonfly_of_Forgery
7th Jul 2001, 04:32 AM
Well, the upgrades I described included a cost or sacrifice. They are meant to be upgrades, eg the weapon does get better in total, but one aspect gets worse.

Of course, it is more simple if upgrades only include good things. In that case, you wouldn't start the game with the enforcer. The weapon you started with would have to be bad in all areas, eg range, refire rate, damage...

But I think that upgrades should have side effects. For example, if you made your weapon instagib, it should get a very slow refire rate. Its just more balanced, and dosen't allow people to get super weapons.

Smoke39
7th Jul 2001, 06:38 PM
But if they have side effects, they're really just different modes, not really upgrades. Like in Metroid, you start with a puny weapon with a really short range. Then you get the long beam which increases its range. Then you can get the wave beam, or the ice beam, which inrease its power further still. Look at the phasor in U4eT. Every time you get another, it just does more damage.

Anyway, my multimode gun (needs a better name) has two half-modes. It fires the projectiles correctly, but I still need to make the custom projectiles. The gun look quite large and powerful.

Smoke39
14th Jul 2001, 04:30 PM
Hey, why'd this die? I'll shout 'PLUM' this time and see what sort of discussion that creates.

PLUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Neuroflare
14th Jul 2001, 07:29 PM
This was a good forum too. Oh well. Maybe some conversation will spark.

Smoke39
14th Jul 2001, 08:33 PM
Well that's not very nice...

Neuroflare
14th Jul 2001, 11:11 PM
whats not very nice?

Smoke39
14th Jul 2001, 11:34 PM
You edited your last post, didn't you!? It used to say that you were hoping Doug would cry about his thread not reaching 100 posts and how funny that would've been.

Neuroflare
14th Jul 2001, 11:56 PM
What are you talking about?!?!?! There's a way to edit??? COOL!!! How???

Smoke39
15th Jul 2001, 12:22 AM
Maybe it was someone else and they deleted it... I thought it was you though.
Look around near the bottom of your posts. You'll find it.

Kangus
15th Jul 2001, 12:27 AM
yes, there is a way to edit. In fact some of us here can edit any post we please..... even YOURS! not that I'd ever abuse such a power.

Neuroflare
15th Jul 2001, 11:05 AM
How could you edit my post? i realize you are a moderator, but that shouldnt hold so much power as to allow you edit my posts. I'd think that only the moderator of the ENTIRE PuF could do that.
I can edit your post like this, but I will NEVER do it again.

Kangus
15th Jul 2001, 11:56 AM
see above.
though, I won't edit anyones posts unless there are some extreme circumstances or I prewarn. That would be unethical and wrong

Smoke39
15th Jul 2001, 02:39 PM
It's Kangus! You gotta trust him! See, he's all 'honest'-like an' good!

See, we can do what we want to keep peace on the forum.
-Postal

Dragonfly_of_Forgery
16th Jul 2001, 01:40 AM
we can do what we want to keep peace on the forum.

Have you seen Farscape? Well, there's this race called the Peacekeepers. Guess what the Peacekeepers do? Here's a clue - they aren't the good guys.

And I remember back on the old old forum, when we were happily sharing out countries. Remeber? Does anyone remember? Or has he got to you too?

You should know what Postal does to 'keep the peace'. What he does in his attempts to make the world a silent place, free of arguments and conflict.

What he does to <really chilling phrase here>.

Smoke39
16th Jul 2001, 01:44 AM
Like I said, Kangus is all 'honest'-like. It's Postal ya gotta look out for.

Postal
16th Jul 2001, 08:30 AM
I dont think theres anything wrong with me, its you all.

Well all, dont worry, Im here for the greater good of the community.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
aghj;OagherjgBfdalghbwEsdhfYihna adljkgrhaolPvheripihj
ajgahOgihwegSyisgTighAsgdujhbgidhgkLbnwgjkfngbiobn

Smoke39
16th Jul 2001, 12:50 PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
aghj;OagherjgBfdalghbwEsdhfYihna adljkgrhaolPvheripihj
ajgahOgihwegSyisgTighAsgdujhbgidhgkLbnwgjkfngbiobn

Hhmmmmmm...

Kangus
16th Jul 2001, 08:35 PM
this is getting damn near 100 posts now... I wonder how many posts ago we stopped talking about trip mines?
Now its time for gratuitous Smiley posting:
:redeemer:
:stupid:

Smoke39
16th Jul 2001, 10:01 PM
I didn't know you could make redemer rockets flip like that...

Kangus
16th Jul 2001, 11:25 PM
normally when I try doing that I crash into the celing.... damn I hate UT's physics engine... With Perfect Dark's Slayer you can do just about any maneuver you want.... nothing like flying through a level upside down.

Smoke39
16th Jul 2001, 11:31 PM
Hehe, yeah, that's fun. I like playing with nothing but Falcon 2s with one shot kills turned on myself.

Neuroflare
21st Jul 2001, 12:44 AM
I dont like it with the redeemer that when I go completely verticle and move the mouse side to side a little the screens starts flipping around, I know why it happens, but I dont like it. Heres a good explanation for the people that dont know why. Lets say you take UT, and the earth. 2 completely different things right? NO!!! Everything has similarities, like if you spin the earth (assuming one can spin the earth), In a given amount of time of rotation, the two extreme end where the axis runs through move faster than any other part of the earth, same with unreal. If you were to spin in UT, and look straight forward, then look straight up, the difference would be incredible. And that difference is Just annoying. Im ranting again... DAMNIT!!! oh well, lifes a bitch and then you marry one j/k. Check out my new title. I Am Powdered Milk Man (its a tribute to my favortie band of all time. If you cant figure it out, oh well, youre better off not knowing).

Smoke39
21st Jul 2001, 02:29 AM
My first thought was Ren & Stimpy, but their not a band... Too bad. POWDERED, TOAST, MAAAAAAAAN!!!!!!! Hehe.

Neuroflare
21st Jul 2001, 09:38 AM
not even close, but they are crazy and stuff. They put on the best live performance of any band ive seen (and ive seen a lot over the years people.)

Smoke39
21st Jul 2001, 02:51 PM
Who do? I've really only seen Blue Man Group.

Neuroflare
21st Jul 2001, 03:22 PM
The Aquabats, my favorite band. Also did you notice my post is the first on all the pages other than the first one of this thread?

Smoke39
21st Jul 2001, 05:56 PM
Uh... no? Did you notice that I have over twice as many total posts as you?

Neuroflare
21st Jul 2001, 06:20 PM
no, I dont pay much attention to details

Smoke39
21st Jul 2001, 06:25 PM
Then answer me this: Why should I?

Neuroflare
21st Jul 2001, 06:26 PM
i dont know. i was jes sayin'

Smoke39
21st Jul 2001, 06:27 PM
HAW! Gotcha dere.

Neuroflare
21st Jul 2001, 06:28 PM
so... your point beiing...

Smoke39
21st Jul 2001, 06:32 PM
My point being:
Ayeyebadoe!!!!!!!!!

Neuroflare
21st Jul 2001, 06:35 PM
yep... uh huh... whatever...

Smoke39
21st Jul 2001, 06:44 PM
You don't get it, DO YOU!? You shall pay for this lack of knowledge!

Neuroflare
21st Jul 2001, 06:55 PM
lack of knowledge? so I dont know gnome gibberish. sorry.

Smoke39
21st Jul 2001, 07:04 PM
Gnome gibberish speek I not!

Doug_Unreal_Master
23rd Jul 2001, 05:27 PM
I would like to thank the little ppl like Smoke and DragonFly and neuroFlare , I know someday they will evolve into somthing other than a foot fungus , that they currently are ;), Thanks now lets go too 200!

Smoke39
24th Jul 2001, 12:58 AM
I am not foot fungus! I am applesauce! APPLESAUCE I TELL YOU!

Neuroflare
24th Jul 2001, 02:57 AM
I will not post again in this thread until I get 3 formal apologies. one through this thread, on through email, and one through some other median. Or I can ruin your precious 100 by deleting all of my posts in here.

Dragonfly_of_Forgery
24th Jul 2001, 03:55 AM
Doug_Unreal_Master, I'm afraid that I'm going to have to kill you.

Who's with me?

Anyway, Smoke and Neuroflare have been having this silly argument but I haven't said anything stupid for about a page! (I haven't said anything at all!)

I'm not foot fungus! Foot fungus does not make high quality UT modifications.

The Mucky Foot company are close to foot fungus and make some kind of computer games, but I am not that either.

If you want an alternative name for me, I recommend "Trancendent one". It reflects the way I am kinda trancendent.

btw, I just cheered up someone who was talking about suicide. I feel special. I feel more special than you can possibly imagine. It was only over chat, but I still think that I have made a small move in improving someone's life.

Foot fungus can't do that.

Smoke39
24th Jul 2001, 05:02 AM
My friend once thought she wanted to commit suicide. I told her she didn't. I was right. On the first day of some miscellanious holliday some person gave to me! A big piece of moldy string cheese! On the second day of some miscellanious holiday some person gave to me! Two chewed up pencils and a big piece of moldy string cheese! On the third day of some miscellanious holiday some person gave to me! Three Eggo waffles, two chewed up pencils and a big piece of moldy string cheese! FungusfungusfungusfungusfungusfungusfungusfungusfungusAPPLE!
Applesauce Boy!
Applesauce Boy!
He's the only boy,
Made of sauced apples!
Applesauce Boy!
I got chicken bucket!
It's worse than that, it's corn Bob! Fivefiveffffivefive five fffivefivefive ffive five Q! The name's Nose, John Nose. But you may call me Miseure Fromage! I'm not Scotish! I'm Japanese! Where's me bagpypes!? Quack! QUACK! Quack quack MOO! I'm an armadillo! I'm gonna be a monkey! A monkey monkey monkey! Monkey monkey monkey! A monkey monkey monkey! I'm gonna be a monkey! A monkey monkey monkey! Would you like to be one, too? Why is someone in the citchen with Dyna? Jimmy cracked corn and I don't care. If you ask me one more stupid question I'm gonna tear your skin off! Oh, sorry. I thought you were... circus midjets...! I've had it up to HERE with the likes of you people! Ever breathe oxygen, kid? Good, don't start! Ya bumb!

END!

Er... Sorry 'bout that... I needed that... I'm okay now...

Doug_Unreal_Master
24th Jul 2001, 02:21 PM
I was talking about er... Kangus, Postal and uh uh {SLR}Vicious_Rabbit , i didnt me it

Smoke39
24th Jul 2001, 05:05 PM
Can I have a pineapple?

Dragonfly_of_Forgery
25th Jul 2001, 04:09 AM
I'm posting a post because I can post.

When I can't post, I will miss posting pointless posts so I should post while I can post.

The start.

Here's a poem. I think its good, someone said that I copied it. I didn't copy it, not concously, I wrote it in class just before we were asked to hand it in.

A boy was doing some maths (just for fun)
but he needed the square root of negative one.
He said with a sigh,
"I'll just put down 'i'
and say that the problem is done."

I did another short poem, too, about the sun:

Ah!
Ah!
Ah!
It burns!

I like that one. It dosen't seem like much on the page, but when read aloud it can have a huge amount of emotion.

Food is good. I like food. Food is good for me and I like to eat it.

omg, I don't remember writing the sentence before this at all. I just typed it as I sat here. Its kinda poetic though so I'll make it bold too...

b
Elephant
is HUGE.

You think
that you've seen
Elephant.

Everyone says
that they've
seen Elephant.

And they all say
that Elephant
is big.

But they haven't
seen Elephant.
Nobody has.
Except me.

I've seen Elephant.
And Elephant
is not just
big.

You haven't seen Elephant.
If you had
seen Elephant,
you would know
that Elephant
is not just big.

You have not seen Elephant
but
Elephant
is
HUGE.

Thou shalt ignore the above poem. Thou shalt not comment upon it, nor speaketh its name, for it is that which must never be dwelled on nor though about.

Smoke39
25th Jul 2001, 03:04 PM
I wrote a funky poem about mirrors last year. It's... interesting.

Mirrors are like a negative dimension,
just like our world,
but backwards.
Mirrors can show you anything,
if you look hard enough,
for they reflect all that is, was, and will be.
Mirrors are fascinating,
reflecting the world around us.
I wonder what is in there?
For it's a mystery to me...

Not exactly what you'd expect from me, is it?

Dragonfly_of_Forgery
26th Jul 2001, 08:29 AM
Its kinda what I'd expect from you. It is wierd. But it dosen't have your trademarked Random Food Products, which was unexpected.

Smoke39
26th Jul 2001, 03:27 PM
How 'bout this limerick?

There once was a big block of cheese.
'Twas inhabitted by quite a few fleas.
Along came a mouse,
That ate the fleas' house!
And that is where went the fleas' cheese.

End!

Dragonfly_of_Forgery
26th Jul 2001, 11:56 PM
That's good.

Anyone else got some limericks?

Smoke39
27th Jul 2001, 02:58 AM
There once was a big ol' banana.
It seems only to ryhme with blergflama.
As pealed it did I,
The banana did die.
I just thought of also, shlergama.

Postal
27th Jul 2001, 07:12 PM
I have only written a hand full or poems for school, but one I wrote, my best work, I decided not to turn in. Its nice having some that explains my feelings perfectly, that no one else has seen.

Smoke39
30th Jul 2001, 09:22 PM
Hey, everybody! Look at the happy dancing man!

Smoke39
3rd Aug 2001, 02:36 AM
Hhmm... Stuff like that usually generate some discustion...

Dragonfly_of_Forgery
3rd Aug 2001, 07:21 AM
The picture has managed to capture the delicate emotion known as "happy".

What Postal said about his poems was very though-provoking. But wouldn't you sometimes want others to know how you felt? I guess not, actually... I sometimes write things for myself, but usually throw them out a few years later when I realise how stupid they are.

All the WoDders are getting avatars, and its scary. Smoke has made himself look like a serious person now, with his old serious quote and a picture which isn't scary. Your new avatar is cool, smoke.

NeuroFlare, I made a sig but it sucks.... You might want it, its kinda funny. I'm making another.

Also, I'm going to try and improve my appearance so I look more intellgent. Yeah.

Postal
3rd Aug 2001, 08:39 AM
Thought provoking means that most anyone with a religion would get about ready to hang/crusify me, thats why I dont show it to anyone.

Smoke39
3rd Aug 2001, 04:33 PM
I like my new avatar a lot. I kept being suprised that it was mine when I first started using it.

Kangus
3rd Aug 2001, 11:39 PM
yes.... when your art does not generate discussion, there must be something very wrong with the world! Perhaps this thread is finally dying..... Can someone update me on the TripMine Situiation?

Smoke39
4th Aug 2001, 12:21 AM
I still might make a proximety mine weapon.

Oh yeah, Postal, I have no religion, so I wouldn't harass you about it!

Dragonfly_of_Forgery
4th Aug 2001, 02:45 AM
I haven't worked on a laser tripmine, but I think I saw a proximity mine tutorial somewhere. Perhaps the "old" chimeric?

Neuroflare
4th Aug 2001, 03:24 AM
theres a laser trip mine in unreal fortress in case anybody wants to look at it. its pretty cool. maybe you could rip off its code and change the model and get lots of kudos. (mmmmm... kudos are yummy).

Smoke39
4th Aug 2001, 03:57 AM
That's cheating! And are kudos really healthy for you?

TectakK
23rd Aug 2001, 03:33 AM
Don't they have something like that in U4e?

Smoke39
23rd Aug 2001, 11:16 AM
Whos cares if they have something like that in U4eT? I don't particularly like U4eT.

Kangus
14th Oct 2001, 07:31 PM
I STILL WANT TRIP MINES!
I pull this classic thread out of the bowels of onscurity to commemorate the glorious migration to BuF.

FireSlash
14th Oct 2001, 08:37 PM
its outside of my knowlage. you cant really setup a collition cylinder, but maybe you could make a actor contrantly firing a weapon? then if the weapon dosent hit the actor spawned on the other side, blow up both actors? just a thought...

Bytekeeper
14th Oct 2001, 08:59 PM
I think a trace per tick would be fine. And then setting up mutliple beams like in the pulsegun. But they should be set to no collision. Using them instead of the trace is imho not a good solution because collision code for each of them produce more lag than one trace.

I like a random activated mine more hehe: Easy to code and really makes players more angry than normal mines if they explode.

Kangus
15th Oct 2001, 01:45 AM
yes, a trace would work with the beam for effect.... now if I'd just get off my lazy ass & try it.

FireSlash
15th Oct 2001, 04:36 PM
i like my landmines. not fancy, but step on them and you wont be needing that foot anymore... ;)

Kangus
15th Oct 2001, 07:41 PM
yes, landmines are nice, but trip mines are better for laying traps in buildings...

Smoke39
15th Oct 2001, 09:46 PM
Wouldn't you not see the laser of a trip mine?

Doug_Unreal_Master
16th Oct 2001, 07:20 PM
I just dropped in to say hi all, hmmm if you really wanna talk to me I am in the IRC channel #utx , irc.EnterTheGame.com , I am |CFH2|Rabbit somthing like that. Well I am glad to see that this Post got as far as it did :D

someguy_99
20th Oct 2001, 12:11 AM
Look At the the prievew of CTF-Darji16. What's that you say? there's a laser there? OF COURSE THERE IS!!!! Now you guy's just need to find it in one of the texture packages.

Smoke39
20th Oct 2001, 12:44 AM
The problem isn't finding a texture.

someguy_99
20th Oct 2001, 02:01 PM
Oh. Guess I should have read further than I did.

Psycho_Leech
23rd Oct 2001, 03:09 PM
I can't get the tracefire to work properly from a projectile, what do I do?
(I don't think my idea is QUITE the same as the basic concept, my idea is well, different)