Atari Unreal

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkeye74

Oct 5, 2000
Visit site
Who would have ever imagined Unreal 2 would be released under the Atari lablel? That's awesome

If this game is the hit it should be, I'll be able to display my 2600 with pride once again :cool:

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Yes, and here I am play-testing an early version.
leetshot.jpg

Zenda

Turbo Adept+10%
Jan 31, 2001
London
Visit site
Will there be any point dusting down my Atari 1040 STE?
I upgraded the memory to a full FOUR MEG!!!!
... and I got a 100Meg hard drive and high rez real black and white monitor! :D

Metakill

Inhumane
Feb 18, 2000
Redwood City, CA USA
Why a black and white monitor? That thing could display up to 512 colors!!
Not quite as good as the (original) Amiga's 4096 colors though, back when Windows was a novelty and Macs could display an amazing 2 shades of blue!

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
Too sad atari isn't making consoles. If they did the PSX and othe systems wouldn't stand a chance. In fact I bet U2 being put under the atari name would boost it's sales tons especally if it's the first game published under that name.

Law

I see...
May 2, 2000
Visit site
Is it official that Infogrames is going to renamed Atari? I heard about it awhile back, but it wasn't set in stone.

Zaccix

Truth, by Banksy
Nov 10, 1999
London, UK
I think that Infogrames themselves will stay the same, but they'll publish new PC games under the Atari name.

Someone needs to interview them methinks :)

Arcturus

Not From Bloody Starcraft
Jan 23, 2000
Totally Not Korhal IV
I'll have to steal my nextdoor neighbours Atari ST again :)
Either that or I dust off my Amiga 1200 (one of the first comps to allow 24-bit colour, ph33r!)
:)

Hawkeye74

Oct 5, 2000
Visit site
Originally posted by TWD
Too sad atari isn't making consoles. If they did the PSX and othe systems wouldn't stand a chance. In fact I bet U2 being put under the atari name would boost it's sales tons especally if it's the first game published under that name.

Actually before Atari went bankrupt they released the 64-bit Jaquar console, way before the N64, but the Atari name scared a lot of people away. That, the terrible controller, lack of games and pathetic marketing put them in the grave. I've always been an Atari fan myself so naturally I had to have one :)

I'm glad to see a company finally using the name again for new games (unlike the old hash Hasbro dished out when they owned it)

Status
Not open for further replies.