faster way of searching through *.uc files?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Graeme

back from the dead
Oct 4, 2000
Nanaimo, BC, Canada
whenever I'm trying to find something in a .uc file I have to open each one and use the "find" option and it takes forever. Is there any program or anything I can get that will let me search for a keyword in every uc file in an entire directory. Or anything remotely close to that.

thanks

Corsair1009

hippie in love
Jun 7, 2001
yeah, use a different part of the find feature

yeah, Under Start Menu --> Find..., there SHOULD be an option entitled "Containing Text", type your keyword in there
it also helps to export all the default classes from the game (U, UT, DX) and move the new folders to their own directory. This pretty much makes searching for text in the .Uc files instantaneous. Hope this helps! :)
NecroBob