anyone else get a UT cd that was really just Unreal?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

FireSlash

Whats a FireSlash?
Feb 3, 2001
Central Ohio
www.unrealannihilation.com
i dug this up from my voodoo3 box (almost threw it away ;)) i found a blue colored UT cd, it had the standard label, just blue. when i poped it in to play a lan game with my friend (it wanst installed and i was too lazy to dig mine up) and i realized it was simply unreal. wtf is up with that? can i get a refund or somthing? does (ern did) voodoo know about this? am i the only one? it it worth money? throw me a bone here guys!

SimplyCosmic

ERGO. VIS A VIS. CONCORDANTLY.
Dec 25, 1999
Northeast Ohio
www.simplycosmic.net
If I recall correctly, both 3DFx and Creative shipped Unreal CD-Roms with their cards, along with a redemption slip good for Unreal Tournament when it came out.

Why they had UT logo's on it, who knows. And for the last time, nVidia does not own 3DFx, only certain technologies and intellectual properties. Another company, who's name I've fogotten, owns the high end graphics technology (including the rights to the Voodoo6). 3DFx as a company still, technically, exists, though for all purposes is dead.