FAMAS attachements ?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DarkBls

Inf Ex-admin
Mar 5, 2000
France
I just read that on the INF web site :
The FAMAS is now fully integrated, aside from it's attachments

Attachements ?
mdr.gif

Which one ?? Bipod,rocket,flaslighht,lam,supressor,aimpoint,greande launcher/muzzle grenade ?

McMuffin

The sh¡ttiest Infiltrator
Jul 30, 2000
OR
rocket sounds good, just to be different... you'd be able to hear it coming which is nicer than 40mm nades :)

bipod sounds nice as well, since no other gun in inf has got one. seems like Inf guns are getting repetitious in their attachments. More variety!

[121st]Burton

full-auto SIG abuser
Feb 7, 2000
The FA-MAS will be the first assault rifle with a supressor.
Attachments are repetetive...but there are just a few attachments which make sense in INF.
Even the aimpoint is useless...

Gholam

Sergeant (Reserve), IDF
Jun 19, 2001
Rehovot, Israel
Actually, that's only the original FA MAS F1 that comes with the bipod standart - later versions (FA MAS F2 and G2) don't.

Here's the list of changes between FA MAS F1 and G2:

Replaced standart bipod by carrying sling loops (although it can be put back).
Removed muzzle grenade adaptor.
Enlarged trigger guard to encompass the whole hand.
Changed handguards shape.
Added ability to mount an M203 grenade launcher.
Somewhat simplified construction to lower price (though without harming reliability).
Added support for NATO standart STANAG 5.56mm magazines (F1 and F2 used a proprietary 25 round magazine)

DarkBls

Inf Ex-admin
Mar 5, 2000
France
I took my infos from a friend. But it doesn't have a G2. Most people still have the old version.

Gholam

Sergeant (Reserve), IDF
Jun 19, 2001
Rehovot, Israel
I just wanted to elaborate, hehe. I know all too well most people have the original - here, in IDF, there are 2 assault rifles used, in 5 modifications:

IMI Galil SAR - used by armored corps, artillery corps.
IMI Galil AR - only seen it used by artillery corps guys during boot camp, combat guys, as well as armored corpse people doing boot camp used the carbine version (SAR).
M16A1 - the basic american version, used mostly in boot camps and by non-combat people.
M16A2 - in the case of Israeli army, it does not mean an M16A1 with 3-round burst trigger group and modified rear sight - it means an Israeli-assembled combination of M16A1 upper reciever (with or without case deflector), M16A1 lower reciever, a 14.5" barrel with 1:12 rifling twist (which seems incredibly dumb, as we use M855 ammo in Negev LMG, while the M16s are only capable of firing M196 ammo, destroying the interchangeability...), and M16A2 muzzle flash dispenser (the "birdcage" type), and an XM177/M4/Commando telescopic stock. Also, a reflex sight (such as Elbit Falcon) is often used.
M16A3 - same thing as "Israeli M16A2", but equipped with a cheek piece, bipod, and a scope (3 or 4 different day scopes used in IDF, don't remember their names offhand).

And, despite the fact that automatic fire is almost never used in IDF for reasons of conserving ammunition (in many units, it is forbidden to use automatic fire), all rifles are equipped with the full-auto trigger group, instead of the M16A2 3-round burst one...

ShakKen

Specops Spook
Jan 11, 2000
www.planetunreal.com
Gholam: The FAMAS F1 allows the mounting of an M203 as well, however, the F1 and F2 use a differant mount to the G2.

The Muzzle launched grenade flashhider and folding bipods are factory options.

You'll find French soldiers being issued the new G2 with the same silver 3-port flashhiders and folding bipods as the F1.

Gholam

Sergeant (Reserve), IDF
Jun 19, 2001
Rehovot, Israel
DarkBls: Yes, IDF (Israel Defense Forces) is the english translation of Tzahal - Tzva Hagana le-Yisrael.

ShakKen: Well, since my info on FA MAS is entirely from web, and yours is probably from real life, I'll atke your word for it :D

carnivore

Built For The kill
Feb 6, 2001
israel
Hi Gholam!

I gholam! are you from israel too?
From what you wrote its seems like you are from israel...
Which city man?
glad to see another israeli dude around...

Btw- can we get a bayonet with the famas?! the pics looks realy cool, i hope they will add one to the rifle!

Gholam

Sergeant (Reserve), IDF
Jun 19, 2001
Rehovot, Israel
C@RN!VORE: Heh, yes, I'm from Rehovot, although most of my time is currently spent in Bislah 314 (that's right by Hatzerim AFB by Be'er Sheva).

On the topic of bayonets... they might look cool (although even that is subjective), but they are absolutely useless on an assault rifle - you use an assault rifle in open areas, at ranges of 50-300 meters - for CQB, SMGs are far better... which brings another point, I don't see the point of implementing FA MAS (or any other carbine) without implementing barrel collision detection - in real life, carbines are used because they are much less unwieldy in urban areas than full-lenght assault rifles, and Infiltration does not account for that.

carnivore

Built For The kill
Feb 6, 2001
israel
Hi man, im from Rishon le zion.
I see that you have been in the army, where?

you are right about the bayonets, but sometimes you have to face the enemy from CQ and bayonets will be very helful.

BTW- you are new in the forums or in INF?
have you played online yet?

R-Force

(IF)
Nov 21, 2000
Canada, Quebec, Terrebonne
"On the topic of bayonets... they might look cool (although even that is subjective), but they are absolutely useless on an assault rifle - you use an assault rifle in open areas, at ranges of 50-300 meters - for CQB, SMGs are far better... which brings another point, I don't see the point of implementing FA MAS (or any other carbine) without implementing barrel collision detection - in real life, carbines are used because they are much less unwieldy in urban areas than full-lenght assault rifles, and Infiltration does not account for that.

This is a needed feature! Well, i did post about it a few time but it's unlikely it ever make it in Inf :(...