Burn Baby!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

deathren

Dusty ****er.
Nov 26, 1999
Anchorage, Alaska
How about catching on fire? Like a fireplace somewhere in the map, or a grenade that blew up on you but didnt kill you. Would that set your knickers on fire?

SoSilencer

Harry Goz (1932 - 2003)
Nov 27, 2000
unrealdev.net
If they ever add the ability to catch on fire....

I DEMAND that they also let you take a lighter in your loadout.

Why? Well right now when you sneak up behind somebody you knife em, it'd be so much better to crouch behind them and light them on fire. No real purpose, it'd just increase the humiliation factor a hundred times.

Kisen_K

S&M Airlines
May 12, 2000
Norway
rullings.com
Does this allow people to catch fire?

Type BZ AP Incendiary

Caliber: 7.62 x 39mm
Projectile Mass:
Muzzle Velocity: 716.3 m/sec (2350 fps)
Muzzle Energy:
Compatible Weapons : Arsenal AKMSU
Description: Armor piercing incendiary cartridges use a hardened steel core tipped with a pyrotechnic charge of approximately 0.4g, intended to ignite flammable material upon impact. These particular cartridges were manufactured in Egypt by the Maasara Company for Engineering Industries, and are identifiable by a black over red tip.

DeadEyeNick

Dec 30, 2000
Yikes

Actually I knew the location of the armory and Ammu.
It's just thats I'm lookin for more info on the Ammo.
Sorry for not putting it down clearly.

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Klagenfurt, Carinthia, Austria
Visit site
Yes incendary rounds were built to set something on fire - but surely not humans.

IIRC the first modern incendary rounds were used to set German Zeppelins on fire in WWI - they were filled with hydrogen(the Zeps, not the rounds..), and hydrogen, when mixed with oxygen burns like hell.

So incendaries rather set fuel or anything on fire, that burns easily - and human flesh burns really bad.

Snakeye :D

Incendiary rounds would not cause a human being to catch fire. They cause a few very high temperature sparks, maybe some severe burning, but lighting someone on fire, no. The US Armed Forces use a camoflague uniform designed not to catch fire, even in the event of extreme heat. Then again, grass (such as in RuralJapan), wood (some map with an air radar in an SF camp), and anything flammable would be open game for flaring up. If I am not mis-informed even tracers can light dry thatch on fire.

deathren

Dusty ****er.
Nov 26, 1999
Anchorage, Alaska
Mabye you could catch tha fatigues on fire, then the flamin' fatiques could set their hair on fire, and then their head, and they could run around screaming "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!"