Not quite transparent textures in D3D.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SERIAL_KILLER

Dec 16, 2000
Visit site
Hi,
I have notived that i get not quite transparent textures on D3D this although not a major is annoying. Things like footprints and blood textures and the shadows under players have a misty square around them.......this is annoying. Is there anyway to get rid or this? Plz dont suggest move to openGL cos I have finally found how to get D3D really crankin.

Thanx in Adv.
-SK

Zaphrod

President of the Universe
Sep 27, 2000
Betelgeuse V
Visit site
I think is you have decals on but have transparency off in the preferences you get this. You have to edit the Unrealtournament.ini file to do this. it should be the first option under Direct 3D

68minimag

funicular goat
Jun 16, 2001
Visit site
what type of graphics card do you have. i had the same problem with 2 ati radeon cards, one was a 32 sdr the one i have now is a ve 64 ddr. they both did it, on transparent textures and also vertical lines on splash screens between levels. there were also anomalies in other games(cfs1, cfs2, mig alley) i made it stop by using 32 bit color instead of 16 bit color. i got that square you are talking about where my crosshairs were in ut, i got vertical barely visible lines in light textures and when i nosed up to walls and such. same would happen in cfs with clouds and the transparent overlay maps and in the gunsights. it only happens for me in 16 bit color, very wierd. no forum or tech support can give me a reason so far and you are the only person in @ 10 different forums who complains of this besides me. i think its either an amd / radeon thing or a radeon / sb live value thing, who knows, any one help us???

68minimag

funicular goat
Jun 16, 2001
Visit site
im old and my memory may be foggy so please correct me if i need it but isnt it Zaphod Beeblebrox, not Zaphrod. maybe ive had too many ginnintonix.

68minimag

funicular goat
Jun 16, 2001
Visit site
ahah!
havent read a douglas adams book in a long time, im gonna have to pick them up again. this is the last bit off topic from me but i have read:
the hitchhikers guide
restaurant at the end of the universe
life, the universe and everything
so long and thanks for all the fish
dirk gentlys holistic detective agency

i loved them all and have read most of them multiple times. no other author has quite the ability to make me laugh riotously out loud while reading like adams.(gets you funny looks from folks nearby)

btw im not that old(33), but i was 15-16 when i was into adams. never caught the show on television though

68minimag

funicular goat
Jun 16, 2001
Visit site
serial killer,

hmmm, that blows my ati theory. have you tried 32 bit color just to see if it goes away? it kinda slows the framerates tho.

Zaphrod

President of the Universe
Sep 27, 2000
Betelgeuse V
Visit site
You left out "Long dark teatime of the soul", the sequel to Dirk Gently's holistic detective agency. BTW Douglas Adams died last month of a sudden heart attack.