Easter eggs in Unreal

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Hellscrag

UnrealSP'er
Nov 10, 1999
Bristol, England
www.hellscrag.net
I can only think of the two.

1) Get an eightball grenade onto the roof above the main entrance to the Dark Arena. There's a hole centrally positioned on the roof there and if your grenade falls down it it should trigger a message to be displayed on the front of the building.

2) Shoot the two side torches at the start of Serpent Canyon. It should illuminate a sign in the cave which you pass through on the boat.

Any others I've missed?

Jes

§os ßoleta! :)
Jul 26, 2000
Visit site
in the third map i think its called Dug. b4 u get on the second lift that moves you over the lave, type fly in the console and go to one of the top corneres agasint the celling u will get a msg in the Universal Translator =)

Hellscrag

UnrealSP'er
Nov 10, 1999
Bristol, England
www.hellscrag.net
Somewhat off topic:

Something odd... in NyLeve's Falls, right outside the Rikers, there is a TranslatorEvent actor. It has nothing under "Message" but this under "Hint":

"Make sure you pick up the automag from near the house just outside VortexRikers. Take a refreshing swim while you're at it!"

Further on, similarly:

"When fighting the brutes, make sure you have lots of room to strafe left or right to dodge the missiles they fire at you."

Was there some hints feature that was never properly implemented. Anyone?

Jes

Jul 26, 2000
Visit site
Thanks! No idea =( on the hints thing. I havent actually played the game all the way thru. I used to get stuck in the water temple LOL. I guess i should play it all over again, i just dont have as much time with school and all :(
If i find anything more i'll be sure to post it

Jes

Jul 26, 2000
Visit site
ok Thanks Scrag!!! I like the Mp sooo much (mostly Team Game) I'll give it another try once i get a break from College.

ZoMbiE

Feb 18, 2000
Visit site
I think I remeber seeing Hint bound to an Function key in user.ini
Is there a message beep attached to the transevent? If not that would explain it going undiscovered durring normal play.

theBane

Apr 5, 2001
BEHIND YOU!
2 more eggs: that message that was mentioned in dug is also in nalic, on the top of the barn
also: on dug (or is it dig? whichever rrajigar mine is) the room where u hit the 4 buttons on the pillar and a skaarj comes out, the 4 tentencles have a trigger that says "canadasux" (canada sucks)

theBane

Apr 5, 2001
BEHIND YOU!
ahh, u thought that killing those 4 tentencles opened that sb? heres what really opens it: it starts opened, it closes if u kill that nali that opens the stinger (botyh have tag badboyplayer, or sometin like)