Too Slow

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Lord-H

Assassin
Jun 14, 2001
Visit site
This Mod and Game is greate , but I think the models , the maps , the HUD and the guns can be improve !
The grafism is ugly , look at Strike Force!
The gaming is very hard and too too slow!
And we want more maps , like in SF.
But this MOD can become fantastic if you improve it!

DarkBls

Inf Ex-admin
Mar 5, 2000
France
Originally posted by Lord-H
This Mod and Game is greate , but I think the models , the maps , the HUD and the guns can be improve !
The grafism is ugly , look at Strike Force!
The gaming is very hard and too too slow!
And we want more maps , like in SF.
But this MOD can become fantastic if you improve it!

The GfX IS great. But maybe it is a matter of taste.
Gaming Hard ? If you mean realist, Hell Yeah ! And it iwll become more and more and morea and more hard !
Too slow ? Ask to some of our community member, LOL !
More maps ? Check out http://www.planetunreal.com/realmaps

About all those SF comparison: No comment.

BTW ThX for your comment, and welcome aboard !
You will enjoy this mode with time...

Lord-H

Assassin
Jun 14, 2001
Visit site
Originally posted by Silver_Ibex
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA ha…
That was funny. Pull the other one.

-->Take it easy guy , I want just to write some sugestions to improve this MOD.

Lord-H

Assassin
Jun 14, 2001
Visit site
Re: Re: Too Slow

Originally posted by DarkBls

The GfX IS great. But maybe it is a matter of taste.
Gaming Hard ? If you mean realist, Hell Yeah ! And it iwll become more and more and morea and more hard !
Too slow ? Ask to some of our community member, LOL !
More maps ? Check out http://www.planetunreal.com/realmaps

About all those SF comparison: No comment.

BTW ThX for your comment, and welcome aboard !
You will enjoy this mode with time...

-->I wanted to say the hardwear requirement is too high for my PC (K6 250 + GF2Ultra + ME).
And for the game play I wanted to say is lousy because of the hardwear maybe.
I like this Mod because it's realistic and the bots have a good AI
But the Grafix are not greate, maybe can I join the team for some advise and programing

DeadEyeNick

Dec 30, 2000
The graphics might look ugly to u compare to SF could be because of the dull textures INF used. Y dull? Becoz we don't want to be seem. :D
Some SF textures for guns and levels as I have seem them are flashler. SF have a mix of style and realism, which makes it actually looks better.
As Shakken, Inf's Team member will say: Quality over form.
Cheers!

yurch

Swinging the clue-by-four
May 21, 2001
USA, Maryland.
Visit site
first of all, check your settings. - that often halps performance.
If you don't think inf looks good, try this:
Type slomo .1 in your console.
Watch the reloading and firing animations (beretta has an awsome firing animation!)
Now tell me THAT ain't good looking...

})FA|Snake

Aug 5, 2000
Visit site
-->I wanted to say the hardwear requirement is too high for my PC (K6 250 + GF2Ultra + ME).

So your saying the graphics aren't good because your dinosuar can't run them?

and why do you have a GF2 Ultra with a 250 cpu? that's like running a P4 1.4 gig cpu with 32 megs of ram

yurch

May 21, 2001
USA, Maryland.
Visit site
and how you can you same the game is slow?
Most inf rounds (except for the biiig maps) end much faster than the sf ones do.(or so ive heard)

Never played SF, never will.

Lord-H

Assassin
Jun 14, 2001
Visit site
Originally posted by Snake13

So your saying the graphics aren't good because your dinosuar can't run them?

and why do you have a GF2 Ultra with a 250 cpu? that's like running a P4 1.4 gig cpu with 32 megs of ram

Actaualy I have a PII 350 +300RAM +TNT2-16 , at home but now I'm not at home .

DeadEyeNick

Dec 30, 2000
Boy that will be tough.

BTW- I was at the MGON strikeforce's forum looking at some of the interesting things the matured players are up to and I came across an thread about the massive difference in frame-rates between SF and INF.
Pretty interesting:
http://www.mgoforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=64945

There are no critics on INF, just some regular praises and such for SF(of coz, it's their mod :)) Take a look.

yurch

May 21, 2001
USA, Maryland.
Visit site
2 things in inf that slow things down:
Bots, and stuff just lying there.
The bots don't seem very optimised - over 5 slow my system to a crawl.
When the dead bodies start to pile up(and the guns) Things slow down a lot, even if they arent in your sight. I often shoot the bodies till they disapear, or i often throw them off cliffs or in front of trains :)
I use a little mutator, called disintegration. It causes ppl to vaporise when killed. It's not realistic, but inf runs about 50% faster during a botgame with it on. There is also a server setting that makes bodies dissapear after a while - try that too.

OpFor

Feeling suicide, thats O.K.
Apr 26, 2001
Visit site
I only have 64mb of ram, 8 meg card [plus another 4 meg one] and a pentium 2 312 proccesor, I'm thinking of getting a summer job and getting a few more mb of ram, and a new video card [ please donate 100 $ each to poor OpFor for a new Radion video card, this poor gamer has never had the pleasure of good fps, so please, donate, you will be making gamers all over the world happy :) ] Cause with in a years time I WILL NOT be able to play ANY new games :( :(