ServerPackage problems with skin & voice packs.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

misterE

Jun 6, 2001
I had a ton of non-umod skin and voice zip files on my computer. I was tired of unzipping each and everyone whenever I had to reinstall UT so I burned all the files to CD in there respective folders (i.e. utx - texture folder and int/u - system folder, etc..). I have a txt file that contains all of the ServerPackage lines associated with every skin and voice pack. I have entered most of the command lines in the UT.ini file and the game plays just fine. My problem is this, when I enter the rest of the skin and voice packs into the command line, save the ut.ini file, start UT, and then select any multiplayer game (DM, AS, CTF or DOM) it craps out and returns me to windows. I have had it set up in the past where I had all of the files that would need to be accessed by the 2nd computer listed in the UT.ini and it played just fine. Recently I had to reinstall everything and this is where I am. My multiplayer setup is via direct cable hookup between 2 computers, no internet is involved and my OS is Win 98. Please can anyone help?

DeeperShade

Banned
Dec 8, 2000
www.tar-valon.com
In order to help with the problem we'd need a lot more info than that..

It sounds like a conflict in the mods, so we'd need to know the mods, skins and packs youve got in there..

It may also be that on of the package lines is incorrect..

misterE

Jun 6, 2001
I have installed the UTBonusPack, UTBonusPack1, UTBonusPack2, UTBonusPack4, UTInoxxPack, UT Assault Bonus Pack 418, Dm Chronos and UT Patch 436. Under the multiplayer options window under mutators I have GOTY selected and the chaos relic items selected as well. There are probably to many skin packs to list. However I do have a txt file that lists all of the voice and skin packs that I am using.

misterE

Jun 6, 2001
I'm not sure. I know I downloaded the bonus packs after buying UT. The only new pack is the UTBonus Pack4. Everything else was installed and working fine before I had to reinstall everything.

DeeperShade

Banned
Dec 8, 2000
www.tar-valon.com
If you do have GOTY then you dont need to install the bonuspacks (you may have to install BP4 tho, i think that might've come out after GOTY but dont quote me on it :) )

misterE

Jun 6, 2001
No error messages. I'm just kicked out of UT and thrown back into windows. When I remove the line of code from the ut.ini file and play the game everything works just fine. There are several lines of skin packages that I was able to enter in before but for some reason I can't do it after the reinstall.