How to assign players to the same team?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

misterE

Jun 6, 2001
I play UT on a direct cable (peer to peer) multiplayer setup. How do I make it so that both players are on the same team in every game that we play? I assign myself a player, say on the red team and then I do the same for the second player on the other computer. When playing we get switched. I'm on red and the other player is on blue? How do I fix this?

OshadowO

Irregular
Feb 10, 2000
CA
Make sure that force team balance is not cheked. (It's somewhere in the start new game settings)

misterE

Jun 6, 2001
I did check the box for force team balance and it did work. The only thing is it wouldn't even the teams out. In some cases I had to go back to player setup and select the same color again and rejoin the game. Is there a command line that I could enter?