Stupid Bots

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Jakob Kreuzfeld

Jun 13, 2001
Germany
Visit site
Sorry in advance, my english is not very good.
I play INF 2.85.5 offline against bots. My problem is, that the bots are very stupid. They only start to shoot when i'm close to them. They also moving like blind ducks. How can i optimize the bot ai?

8-4-7-2

Mar 6, 2000
Germany
1.) Play godlike bots. However they will usually only have a hellish aim, and be more jumpy/stafing/dodging

2.) Yes you can customize bots by the so called tab in the bot menu when you start a session. Try jumpy (not true for INF tho as they won't jump, 3/4 accurancy for a somewhat humanlike player. In your case you should set alertness to max

3.) It's he map design that determines bot's style of movement. UT bots don't indepentently move across the map. They follow invisible signals called "pathnodes". These must be added by the mapper, and if he isn't good the won't move right or won't use all routes