Teamkillers

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

AlmostAlive

Jun 12, 2001
Norway
Visit site
This may be somewhat far off, but I'll give it a go anyway :D

Would it be possible, when the vote-kick is up and running, to make the kick result in a shutdown of INF on the outvoted's computer?

A scenario : A person gets voted out, he changes his name and is back on the server in 4-5 sec., continuing his teamkilling.

I'm not talking about people who by accident kills a teammate, but the one's who at every spawn starts blasting away their teammates. If INF would shut down when they got voted out, these notorious teamkillers may think twice before going on a killingspree.

:stupid: Please DO laugh in my face, I'm new :stupid:

Baelial

Lord of Lies
May 26, 2001
Visit site
while not seemingly fair in the gameplay issue aspect, what happens in reallife if some guy frags a squadmember while he is still in combat? nothing, he doesn't get sent home or lose pay. He might be killed by another teammate to avenge the other guy's death but thats it :)

No I think, if it were to be realistic, no punishment would be made in the game, maybe in the minds of the other players they decide never to let this guy play again with them ( thus banning his IP and any variations there of, it would be a sort of court marshel and he got life)

})FA|Snake

Aug 5, 2000
Visit site
I think after you kill a server set amount of people a message should show on your teams screen saying

"(player) is presumed hostile"

or something to that effect, and then killing him does not count as a TK, kinda like in Swat3 if you attack your teamates they fire back.

Shrap

Beaver
Oct 29, 2000
AlmostAlive suggestion is very good, it would be the perfect solution ...and if its not enough ...then modem melt ...

Seriously, its a good idea and team killing is a very big problem. And for those who say that its not realistic...do you think that a soldier would really kill his partner ...more : its a gameplay issue ...do you like to spawn for a new round and get killed instantly ? Maybe you are a TK huh ?

R-Force

(IF)
Nov 21, 2000
Canada, Quebec, Terrebonne
I like the "player x is considered hostile".

I also like the game shut down if you get voted out of a game... This way someone who want to tk would probably get bored of booting his game over and over... This would probably annoy the tk a lot more than the ones he is trying to annoy...

yurch

Swinging the clue-by-four
May 21, 2001
USA, Maryland.
Visit site
most of the time, when a player is kecked from a game, his ip number is what it kicked-he can't just change his name.
I dont think its fair to shut down inf.. keep in mind, ive seen players kicked just because they are good. Ppl can be jerks.

ValleyFly

One Shot... One Kill!
Jun 5, 2001
Andover Ohio
Visit site
Originally posted by Baelial
while not seemingly fair in the gameplay issue aspect, what happens in reallife if some guy frags a squadmember while he is still in combat? nothing, he doesn't get sent home or lose pay. He might be killed by another teammate to avenge the other guy's death but thats it :)

No I think, if it were to be realistic, no punishment would be made in the game, maybe in the minds of the other players they decide never to let this guy play again with them ( thus banning his IP and any variations there of, it would be a sort of court marshel and he got life)

I truly believe your right when it comes to punishing people online as to the reality of Infiltration. I served in the USMC and under any pressure of knowing you could die... you could make the mistake of shooting your buddy. But under the terms of just doing it for fun...YOU DESERVE TO DIE!!! You should be given 3 warnings and then kicked along with your IP address being logged and banned from the server for 24 hrs.

Kisen_K

S&M Airlines
May 12, 2000
Norway
rullings.com
Here's a new idea:

Maybe we can issue a "bounty" for TK'ing players, so if like one guy has TK'd five teammates, the one that takes him out will get five frags. Would make TK'ers attractive targets :D

Lolo Konijn

Huppel huppel
Jul 30, 2000
The Netherlands
There are 3 different kind of TK'ers.
1. guys who are playing to iritate the rest. I think vote kick is a good method for it. If a person is tk'ing someone reduce the votes needed to kick him! The person who is killed has the right to kick the dude, most INF players are decent guys and can fairly deside if the killer deserves it to be kicked...

2. guys who just play dangerous, reducing the score to 0 is a very good way to let them look before they shoot. I know they don't shoot the teammates on purpose but they need a reason not to do it any more...
If the score system is gone this wouldn't work.
Another way to discourage TK's is to add a TK counter in the score system, if the player is a respected one he doesn't want to have a large score...

3. accidental TK'ers, if a friendly runs into you line of fire it's mostly his own fault. This TK'er should not be punished for this kill and any form of automatic punishement is wrong IMO.